Keanna's pov

ABOUT: Keanna is a very quiet girl but no one knows the real strength that she is capable of. Keanna is mixed with Dominican and black. Her mother is dominican and her father is black. She doesn't live in a fancy house and her parents are "Poor," (You will understand why there is quotation marks around poor later on in the story) She has a squad of best friends back in her home town Boston, Massachusetts but she moved away a while back. Has one brother.... Or so she thinks. °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I wake up and realize that it's 7:30 AM...school starts in 30 minutes and I'm still in bed. I rush out the bed towards the bathroom to do my hygiene. I start with brushing my teeth. Once I finish, I come out and comb my long brown and blonde hair. Next, I put on some eyeliner and mascara then I go to my closet and pull out my blue polo shirt and white skinny jeans with some blue sandals my mom bought for Christmas and a gold watch I got when I was about 16.

I grab my back pack and my cellphone and walk to the kitchen where I find my older brother eating my cinnamon roll which was my only breakfast until my mom goes and buys some groceries... I give my brother a death stare and storm out the house before I miss the bus.

The bus pulls up to my low income brown house and my eyes instantly lock with the snob name Miranda Moore. She is the most popular girl at Lawson high school. She constantly throws herself at every single boy that was on the football team and was mean to every girl who she thought was pretty which made most girls mad but actually made me pretty honored and boosted my self esteem up a little bit because she was indirectly complimenting me.

No one has ever told me I'm beautiful except my mom, my dad, and brother and also some boys but that was only because they wanted to get in my underwear. So it made me feel even more special when Miranda indirectly told me... Miranda looked at me and said "Oh there's the hot garbage girl I was telling you about Vicky ( miranda's side kick). Vicky chuckled. I rolled my pretty hazel eyes which I know made Miranda mad even more.

I found a seat near the back to get as far away from Miranda and her sidekick Vicky, as I can. Soon we arrived at the school and I saw my crush... Gosh, I sound like a ten year old girl! Anyways, his name is Kenny Johnson, the football captain of the Lawson Lions.... He looked about 6'2 , with hazel eyes, carmel skin, good hair, muscular body and style like no other. But of course Miranda and and all other girls threw there selves at him, I mean it's not like I would have a chance with him I'm too nervous!

I have him in my Social Studies, Science, Math and Language class. He seems to always be staring at me but then I remember that Miranda sits on the other side of me, making faces and passing notes to him all through class. I get off the large yellow bus and walk towards the school when all of a sudden Miranda trips me. I fall down and drop my books and my backpack. This girl was about to catch these hands but I sat down on the steps, burry my face in my hands to calm my anger. Just as I was about to get up, I felt a soft warm hand on my shoulder I slowly look up and my eyes lock with Kenny Johnson's. In my body I'm screaming! He helps me up and helps me with my books and asked "Are you okay?"

I shake my head and drop my head down in embarrassment. He takes his left hand and lifts my head up then says "Don't hold your head down, the world needs to see your beautiful face." His voice is like music to my ears... I almost forgot all about Miranda. He looks so concerned.

He says "Are you hungry?" I nod my head yes. Next, he says "I would like to hear you speak." So I simply said "Yes." He takes my hand and leads me to the office, tells the administrator that I was hungry and that he was going to take me to get something to eat. He then asked her to excuse us from our classes... She nodded her head in agreement and smiled.

Kenny guided me to his black BMW and opened the door from me. I got in and covered my face with my hair. He got in and drove us to Applebee's and we both ordered appetizers. He asked me where was I from so I quietly responded, "I'm from Boston." He nodded before opening my door. We went inside and was seated almost immediately. While we ate he stole glances at me before he spoke. He looked me straight in the eye and said, "What happened this morning?" I responded saying, "Miranda Moore tripped me." His whole facial expression changed from caring to angry. To be honest... He kind've scared me.