Chapter 38 Loliness Calling

“Hey, does anyone know where Tony is?” Mike called as he made his way past rushing guitar techs and scrambling photographers. Sleeping with Sirens had just finished their set, they needed to be running onto the stage ready to play in a matter of minutes and Tony was still MIA from the night before.  No one was particularly worried besides Mike though; Tony was nearly famous for showing up for shows at the last possible second and not telling anyone where he had been, not that they ever asked.  Even if they did it wasn’t actually a question and more of a ‘what the fuck’ kind of deal. They always knew Tony would show up eventually, normally in silence, without anyone noticing. He was weird like that, he could disappear and reappear without a sound, without a trace.

Sure enough right before they started the devil is everywhere chant they did before every show, Tony showed up, guitar in hand and headset hooked up. “Where have you been, man?” Mike half yelled as Tony skulked through the darkness and toward the group. He shrugged his shoulders and let out a sullen “Nowhere.” before clapping his hands together to get their little ritual going.

“Hey Vic!”

“Yeah?”

“The devil,”

“Yeah?”

“the devil is everywhere!”

“Hey Jaime!”

“Yeah?”

“The devil,”

“Yeah?”

“the devil is everywhere!”

And so the chant went to Mike and Tony before the band put their fists in the air and ran triumphantly onto the stage.

--

The show went according to plan, more or less, and the signing was as awkward as ever. Especially with Vic getting hit over and over again with the same question, “Are you really dating Kellin Quinn?”  Vic laughed it off the first few times he was asked but eventually just stopped responding to it all together. He wasn’t mad at the fans for being curious, not at all, he just didn’t think his sex life was any of their business. Eventually he would probably write a song about Kellin, word would get out, and rumors would never be confirmed or denied. That’s just how Vic liked his life away from the shows, a constant flood of he saids she saids that never really gave you a true answer on what was really happening.

Maybe the biggest surprise of the night wasn’t the gay rumors, maybe it was coming back to the bus to find Kimberley, Kellin, and Maya all sitting on the couch watching The Titanic in their pajamas. Vic blushed when he saw how girly Kellin looked curled up in the corner of the couch wearing an open flannel and Jaime’s baggy sweatpants. “You are such a girl!” He laughed as he took his spot next to his glossy eyed boyfriend. They were just at the part where Jack draws Rose, and Kellin was way too into it. Vic tried his hardest to wedge himself in between the arm of the couch and Kellin, resulting in with Vic sitting cross legged with Kellin’s ass in his lap with his arms strewn over the back of the couch so there was still room for Kimberley and Maya. It looked awkward and it got a few chuckles out of Mike trying to watch them accomplish that but they were just happy to be together after a long show. Vic’s chest found the familiar warmth of Kellin’s head, his shower fresh hair dampening his shirt. Vic loved this, he loved that he was coming back from a show and just watching a movie with his boyfriend, he loved that he didn’t feel obligated to go out and party with the other bands, he loved that they could just be quiet without feeling awkward.

Tony on the other hand still didn’t know what to make of Kimberly looking so fitting with Kellin and Maya. It was like they had all become best friends while he was off meeting the fans. He never brought her back to the bus to meet the guys because of how they had reacted when Kellin started living on the bus, and then Maya, and having another person would probably just suffocate everything. The bus was small as it was, with one couch and a loveseat there really wasn’t enough room for the people they had. Kimberley knew that though, she never pushed Tony to do anything he was uncomfortable with. They had been dating since August and now that it was November people were just starting to notice.