chapter 4 "that didn't take much"

Vic walked swiftly down the empty corridor, his eyes blurred from tears. He didn’t want Kellin to know, especially because Kellin is almost famous for saying “wrists are for bracelets not cutting.” How could Kellin just invade his space like that when he knew he was mad at him. Vic began to feel the warm blood drip down his arm. He stopped and bit his lip, it was a high for him the sting and the numb. He couldn’t help but enjoy it no matter how mad he was before. He imagined what it looked like, he pawed at his shoulder and ran is finger over the fresh tear. He winced in pain but he loved it. he noticed he was no longer alone in the corridor. Mike was standing behind him mouth fallen open. “K-kellin said you went this w-w-way I just wanted to tell you Tony is awa-a-ke now. Mike swiftly turned around and ran back down the corridor. Vic bit his lip fighting back a tear he knew how much cutting disturbed him and he knew he wouldn’t be able to look at him the same again after seeing that.

Blood was dried on Vics arm when he passed Kellin by Tony’s room. Vic entered the room it was empty.. he turned around and exited slamming the door behind him. “They’re signing out.” Kellin whimpered from his past spot on the ground. Vic looked down at him; he couldn’t stay mad at him not when he acted like this. Vic once again kneeled in front of Kellin, this time not saying a word he took his hand and placed it under his sleeve where the tear had been. Kellin didn’t look up but he gasped when his fingers hit Vic’s ripped flesh. Blood began to flow lightly from the now disturbed; self-inflicted wound. Kellin didn’t move a muscle he barley breathed, he couldn’t. Vic too looked down feeling very ashamed at what he had just done to Kellin.

They sat there for what seemed like an hour completely silent, Kellins fingers still gingerly placed on Vic’s ravaged shoulder. Tony walked up the corridor now back In his normal clothes; instead of a hospital gown. He too crouched next to the two singers. Try to be as gentle as possible he tapped Kellin on the arm and whispered “I’m all better now it’s time to go we have to get to Dallas the other guys already left.” He walked back down the corridor and into the lobby giving the boys time to gather themselves. Kellin sniffled and looked up at Vic who still had his head down. Afraid to move his hand he waited for Vic to look up. Vics face had tear lines running down it, his eyes were blood shot, and his lips quivered. Kellin had never seen Vic like this he looked worse than Tony. Vic lifted his hand and placed on his shoulder with Kellins. Slowly he began to drag Kellins hand away. Kellin could feel the wound reopening under his fingertips. It was sickening and he hated it. Vic held onto Kellins bloody hand and guided him upward. They walked hand in hand into the lobby where Kellin released his grip and shoved his hand into his pocket.

Vic spat on his hand and tried to wipe the dried blood off his arm so Mike wouldn’t have to see it again. As they walked through the parking lot back their car they saw the bus was waiting for them and the tour manager had taken his car back. As they entered the bus there driver gave Vic a hefty slap and the shoulder and bellowed “Why so down, Blue?” Vic shed a tear under the force of t=his fat hand on his fresh wound and twisted from his grip. The bus was clean from the night before as if nothing had ever happened. Tony’s vomit was wiped from the walls, the cigarette butts were disposed of and, the beer cans recycled. Even all the trash in the bunk area was cleaned up. Kellin stood awkwardly on the foot of the stairs unsure of where to go. Jaime saw how uncomfortable he was and offered him his bunk. Kellin accepted his gesture without hesitation. Jaime’s bunk was above Vic’s a top bunk just like he was used too. He curled up under Jaime’s bat man blanket and soon fell asleep.

Vic sat in his bunk starring at the wall, nursing his shoulder with a cotton ball. He could hear Kellins breathing begin to shallow as he fell asleep. Vic began to think about the night before, it seemed like so long ago. Kellin’s breaths soon caused Vic to fall asleep as well. He felt as though he was being rocked by Kellin’s breath it was a numbing feeling. And of course Vic loved it. When Vic woke up it was still dark out, but his phone said 7:16. Did he sleep through an entire day? The bus was empty even Kellin had woken up before him. Vic went outside the bus to see they were parked in-front of a diner cleverly named “Diner” Vic walked into the restaurant to realize he did indeed sleep through and entire day. He quickly found The boys booth. Tony, Jaime, and Mike waved eagerly at him, but where was Kellin he thought. He took his seat next to Tony and looked up to see all eyes on him. “What?” he asked. Tony answered quickly “You don’t look any prettier!” Everyone burst out laughing but Vic didn’t get the joke. “So how is sleeping beauty feeling tonight?” asked a familiar voice from behind him; it was Kellin!