chapter 10 "complications"

Justin put his hand on Kellin’s shoulder, Kellin swayed away from his grasp letting Justin’s hand slip from his body. Still awaiting an answer Gabe repeated “So….”. “So what?” Kellin snapped, “You obviously already know everything!” Kellins eyes hot as they began to slowly well with tears. He shook his head he wasn’t going to cry he had done enough of that. “Well man we just wanna hear it from you.” Said Justin defending Gabe. “Kells we don’t care, we just wanna know.” Kellin shook his head. He couldn’t face them.

He tried to walk away but Justin grabbed his arm before he could turn around. “I like girls okay!” Kellin screamed at the group. “I mean we don’t care man.” Jesse tried to comfort Kellin. It didn’t work it back fired more than anything. Kellin raised his voice again this time it sounded higher as he fought back a tear, “I’m serious! Vic’s… I don’t know…. I’m not… gonna marry him or something! It’s the road what happens here stays HERE!” Kellin was turning red, he was fuming. Kellin ripped his arm away from Justin and stormed off toward the stage door. Jesse looked at Gabe whose jaw had fallen open.

Jack shook his head trying to process what just happened. Jesse looked toward Jack and spoke coolly “He’s just… he’s okay I’m sure he’s probably just… frustrated… that’s all…he’ll explain when he wants to… if ever.” Jack looked at Gabe whose jaw was still open he looked confused. “It’s really not that shocking, Gabe.” He spoke coldly as he walked away. Jesse patted Gabe on the shoulder as if he was trying to wake him up and looked toward Justin. Justin ignored his gaze and walked away to the stage, most likely going to find Kellin.

Kellin ripped open the stage door and entered into the blackness he walked forward swiftly. He didn’t even care if he fell into the pit at this point. He felt his shoe bend over the edge of the stage he smiled as he debating just falling 5 feet to the concrete floor before. It wouldn’t do much damage but maybe he’d break a wrist or make his concussion worse. He sat down and hung his legs over the edge.

Kellin began searching through his phone for a girl to text, he felt as though he needed to prove himself. He picked a girl by the name of Kayla and hit send. He held to phone up to his ear and waited for it to ring. She answered it almost immediately, with an awkward ‘Hello?’ Kellin replied with the happiest tone he could muster “Hi, this is Kellin Quinn!” the girl on the other end of the line began to scream “OMG KAYLA GET IN HERE! KELLIN QUINN CALLED YOU!!” Kellin pulled the phone away from his ear, this must be some fans number. Kellin decided he would at least talk to the girl before hanging up and calling a new number. “Hello!” the girl sang gleefully into the phone. “What’s up!” asked Kellin trying to be nice. “I never thought you would actually call me!” “Yea me either!” said Kellin unaware to what she was referring. “Do you still have her bra?” Her friend screamed from behind her. “Oh well, no sorry.” Said Kellin apologetically. The girls laughed and giggled on the other line. Kellin tried to end the conversation quickly and hung up the phone. He laughed at his own stupidity. Kellin shoved his phone back into his pocket and lied back onto the cold stage floor.

Justin stood against the stage door debating whether to go after Kellin or not. He pulled the door open and walked into the V of light it set across the floor. As the door shut behind him the room became completely black. “Kells” he called into the dark. He listed carefully for a response but herd nothing. He sighed he knew Kellin was in here. He pulled his phone from his pocket and shined the screen light ahead of him and slowly walked forward. The light caught Kellin’s eyes causing them to reflect back at Justin. He walked slowly over to Kellin and kneeled beside him, returning his phone to his pocket. The darkness consumed them as Justin spoke softly “You know, nobody is judging you.” He cleared his throat before speaking again.

“Everyone’s hormones are all over the place when were out here.” Kellin didn’t respond. “I mean we can bring some girls up tonight after the show, you know… maybe bang a couple fan girls.” Justin spoke with a slight chuckle in his voice. Kellin sat up and rested his head in his hands with a sigh. “Can’t we just go to strip club or something?” Kellin mumbled into his hands. Justin put his arm around Kellins shoulder and laughed. “Sure buddy.” He chuckled as he stood up. He pulled his phone from his pocket to light his way to the door.

Kellin sighed and pulled his buzzing phone from his pocket. He was getting a picture message, as he clicked the image open a smile spread across his face and he began to laugh. The two girls he had spoken to earlier had taken a picture of themselves standing naked in front of a mirror and sent it to Kellin. The girls were clearly underage, but Kellin really was more awestruck than turned on. Kellin responded with a “” and ‘Stay classy.’ Returning his phone back to his pocket, as he stood up. Kellin’s eyes had completely adjusted to the darkness as he looked over the pit. He sighed heavily wondering how much time he had before this was filled with raging fans.

Vic scratched at his new stiches; his skin still raw from having to relace his arm together. He circled the busses a couple times trying to find Kellin. As Vic rounded the SWS for his 3rd lap around he ran right into Mike causing his arm to radiate with pain. Mike backed up and gave Vic a dirty look. He walked slowly passed him keeping his eyes locked on Vic’s. Vic let out a sigh he didn’t want his brother to be mad at him. Before he took a step forward he heard footsteps run up behind him, he spun around thinking it was Kellin. It was Mike. Mike wrapped his arms around Vic and squeezed him tight almost lifting him from the ground. He loosened his grip and released Vic. Vic stumbled back word as Mike smiled and walked away. Vic was so glad to see that Mike wasn’t completely mad at him, He wished he could talk to him about things, now more than ever. Vic walked around the SWS bus and into his hoping maybe Kellin was in there waiting for him. They opened the door in 20 minutes and he didn’t know where his friends were. Vic decided he would try to rest before the show, he walked over to his bunk and rolled in.

As his head hit the pillow he heard a crinkling sound. He reached under his pillow to find a note written in a sloppy scroll.

“I think I’m gonna try out some girls for a while… were going to a strip club after the show if you’re up for it feel free to tag along… I’m sorry man xoxo Kells”

Vic re read the not over and over flipping it in his hands to see if there was any more to it he felt a hot tear begin to slide down his face. He wasn’t ready for what he and Kellin had to end. It was just beginning for him. Vic’s mind raced to mike he wondered if he had said something to Kellin to make him say this. Maybe Vic was right in the beginning, maybe this was just casual romance to Kellin, maybe he dropped it because he knew he was becoming attached. Vic shuffled his hair and repositioned his hat about 10 times trying to wrap is head around his thoughts. He stood up and took a deep sigh before walking into the main part of the bus. He opened the cupboard nervously and removed the backing board. Stored in the wall behind the cupboard was a bottle of expensive vodka.

He knew he couldn’t just leave this out it would be gone in a second. He carefully removed it from the cupboard hoping no one would come in; he slowly removed the top and brought the bottle to his lips. He tilted his head back and let the fluid burn his throat as it went down. He knew it was a bad idea to drink before a show especially now; his emotions already compromised. Vic shook his head roughly as he took his final gulp of the drink. He screwed the cap back on and replaced it in its hidden spot. He stood up and repositioned his hat before exiting the bus.