chapter 6 "ambulance"

“OH MY GOD CALL AN AMBULANCE!” Jamie screamed as he opened the bathroom door. Kellin heard his distress call from out-side and bolted toward the bus. He burst through door to find Jaime crouched on the floor holding Vics lifeless bloodied body. Kellin fell to the floor his body shaking he couldn’t believe what he was seeing. Was Vic really dead? Tony swung open the door barley missing Kellin. He screamed high when he saw Vic in Jaime’s arms. Mike had fainted he was passed out on the floor next to the beat-up couch. They all sat silent in shock from what they were looking at. Tony broke the silence with his 911 call. “He’s bleeding!” Tony screamed at the phone operator, as soon as they picked up. He started breathing heavily the operator kept asking questions, Tony just shook his head frantically and repeated “He’s bleeding, He’s bleeding.” The phone operator must have traced Tony’s call because an ambulance and many police men showed up after about 5 minutes. Tony was still on the phone with the operator still crying out about the blood.

Everything was a blurr after that. Kellin woke up in a familiar position, sitting against a wall on a cold tile floor. He blinked carefully trying to figure out where he was. There was Tony Jaime and Mike sleeping in a sitting position against the wall opposite of Kellin. Kellin stood up and cracked his back, he turned to see Gabe, and Justin walking down the hallway. Kellin froze, he hadn’t seen his band in what seemed like forever even though it had only been a few days. “Found him!” Justin yelled down the corridor behind him as Jesse and Jack rounded the corner. “We got to get on the bus and get going if we wanna get our half of this show done…” Justing be gan but Kellin cut him off “What time is it?” Kellin begged frantically “It’s like 6 in the morning Kells.” Gabe replied gingerly, placing a hand on Kellins shoulder. Shoulder swatted it away and desperately yelled “WHERE IS HE!?” all the band members were taken back by Kellins desperate need for information. Before anyone could answer Kellin took off down the hallways calling Vics name frantically.

Kellin ran into a nurse and made her drop the files she was carrying. She bent down to pick them up and saw how frantic he was, tears streaming down his whitened face. She rustled the files together and tucked them under her arm carelessly. She turned to Kellin and gingerly took his arm. Kellin didn’t protest as she led him down the hallway. She took him to the nurses desk where she abandoned her files and asked him what he wanted. “Vic, I need to see Vic.” He whined helplessly. She knew immediately who he was talking to and led him down a hallway labeled “nightly watch”. The corridor was cold and grey. The air began to heavy as Kellin walked his heart pounding in his ears. She opened a door and gestured for him to enter. Kellin gasped at the sight of Vic’s body. He was so pale. He was hooked up to three beeping machines. The beeps were slow, long, and spaced apart. ’Was that his heart beat?’ Kellin wondered before standing beside Vic’s bed.

Kellin’s thoughts began to race he didn’t know what was going to happen to his friend. Without thinking Kellin lent down, pushed back Vic’s hair, and lightly kissed his forehead. He began to cry at the touch of Vic’s cold skin against his lips. He couldn’t pull away he just dropped to his knees and rested his head on the side of his friends hospital bed. Kellin stayed there sobbing for what seemed like a life time. The beeps on the machines began to quicken in pace Kellin looked up at Vic who’s eyelids began to twitch. Kellin took Vics hand in his and pressed it to his lips. Vics hand squeezed back and Kellins had a rush of excitement as Vic opened his eyes. Kellin stood up and threw his arms over Vic. Vic gasped and moaned slightly “Kells is that you?” Kellin didn’t respond and just squeezed him tighter. Vic wrapped his free arm around Kellins neck and patted him softly on the back. “I’m okay.” he whispered into Kellin’s ear. Kellin pulled out of his hug and just stared into Vic’s eyes before lightly kissing his forehead again.