chapter 9 "good morning California"

Light blazed through the window and right onto Vic’s face. He tried to turn but ended up slapping Kellin’s face causing him to stir, and groan. Vic blinked slowly adjusting to the light; Kellin looked gorgeous in the morning his hair ruffled along his face. Vic’s phone began to ring and he shot up hitting hit head on the roof of his bunk. He held his head and glared at the ceiling as if to scold it. He picked up his phone from the floor beside his cot, it was a tweet. He groaned he couldn’t believe that’s what he freaked out over.

What did he think it was? His mind shifted to Mike as he prepared himself to get up. He slowly slid his legs over the side of his cot and stood up still clutching his forehead. Kellin rolled over still blissfully asleep. Vic stood and gazed at his perfection for a moment before heading into the front of the bus. Tony was already up and dressed, well partially. He sat on the couch in undone jeans, holding a coffee mug. He smiled at Vic as he passed. Vic slumped into the chair beside the mini fridge. He sighed and shut his eyes; he could tell it was very early. “Time?” Vic questioned his eyes still closed. “6-ish” Tony replied groggily. Vic sighed again resting his head on the back of the chair.

Kellin grit his teeth and cracked his neck, as he opened his eyes. He felt cold and empty; that must have been what awakened him. He rubbed his eyes as he adjusted to the light. He pulled himself up onto his elbows and glanced down at his chest where Vic’s head used to rest. There was a slight glisten just before his color bone. He wiped it away with his thumb; it was drool. Kellin frowned a little as he wiped his hand on the sheets. He braced his hands on the sheets and twisted his spin in attempt to crack it.

His back felt stiff from not moving the entire night. Kellin thought back to Vic and decided he didn’t mind having a bit of drool on him and a stiff back. He looked to the ground for his jeans; they were still set in a heap beside the cots. He shook them of a tugged them on, bracing himself against the wall in the bunk. He decided he didn’t want to wear the same shirt 3 days in a row and pulled one from Vic’s duffle bag. He walked into the front of the bus still pulling the shirt over his head. Vic was half asleep in a chair and didn’t notice Kellin stumble in.

Kellin went straight for the coffee pot pouring it into the biggest mug he could find. He didn’t even want to add cream or sugar as he sipped at the bitter liquid. Kellin sank down and sat crossed legged on the floor he didn’t want to go anywhere. He glanced up at the microwave to check the time. It was 7:43, he didn’t sleep in at all. He leaned back resting his head on the wall behind him. He could barely see that Jaime was still asleep in his bunk but Tony’s was empty. Kellin looked around what he could see of the bus; where was Tony?

He glanced over his shoulder to see the driver’s seat was empty they must be parked somewhere. That meant Tony must be on the roof. Kellin stood up and made his way to the door. The warm California air rushed into the bus as he opened the door. The SWS bus was parked right next to them; that meant they must be in the venue parking lot. Kellin walked around the back of the bus and set his coffee mug on the ground at the base of the tire. He made his way up the ladder and peered over the roof. Tony was lying on his back enjoying the morning sunlight with his eyes closed.

Kellin tapped his fingers on the roof of the bus. Tony opened one eye and glanced over at Kellin. He didn’t say a word before shutting his eye again, and returning his head back to a comfy position. Kellin climbed back down the ladder and hopped to the ground with a stumble. He walked in between the two busses and decided he would take a shower in his own. He walked slowly around the front of his bus dragging his hand around the dew covered front. He fumbled for the bus key withing his pockets and slowly slid it into the key hole. He had to man handle it a little bit to shift the tumblers.

He pulled open the door to find everyone already up and eating breakfast on the 2 couches. He waved to his band before getting a attacked by Gabe’s bear hug. “I feel like you’re not even on this tour with us anymore!” Gabe laughed, it sounded like screaming to Kellins desensitized ears. Kellin smiled and said “I’m just making friends man!” while clapping Gabe on the shoulder. “More than friends.” Mike sneered from the corner. No one seemed to catch it but Kellin who shot him a distraught look. Justin tossed Kellin a bagel, Kellin gleefully bit into the bread. It had been a long time since he remembered eating last. He hadn’t had much of an appetite through the week’s events.