chapter 31 "no one talks"

Mike bit awkwardly on his knuckles and smiled at Tony who was trying to remove some foul tasting substance from the back of his mouth. Vic watched him with a disgusted grimace slowly spreading across his face, “You didn’t……” Vic stopped himself as Tony’s eyes went wide and he froze, “Well I mean, it was just…. We weren’t…” He stuttered trying to save himself from the inevitable slurs that Vic was about to hurl at him. Unfortunately for Tony Mike beat Vic to the punch, “AND YOU DIDN’T GET ANYTHING BACK YOU, OH EW, SO NOT ALRIGHT!” “Tony stood up and stomped away yelling “IF VIC DIDN’T RUIN EVERYTHING I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN IT BACK!” He yanked open the bathroom door, tearing it completely off its hinges this time, throwing it back word sending the paneling into his face. “AHHHH FUCKING DOOR!” he screamed throwing it through the bus, breaking into two as it hit the ground in front of Kellin.

Kellin looked down at the door the two shattered pieces laying on the ground in front of him. That door hid everything horrible away it seemed, and now it was just lying on the ground in front of him, the blood stains on the bottom that slowly seeped up the wood grain. They could replace the carpet, but they never thought to replace the blood stained door. But then again maybe it was better that the bathroom didn’t have a door. The door didn’t really hide anything that none hadn’t already seen, no one used the bus bathroom anyway. The toilette didn’t work and the shower was temperamental, everyone only ever brushed their teeth in there. Well, for the longest time it had been Vic’s hideaway. He would lock the door and run the water, tearing his shoulder, back, arm, leg apart. That door didn’t really do anything. It shouldn’t mean anything, it’s just a door. “Just a door.” Kellin whispered under his breath.

Vic put his hand on Kellin’s shoulder, “Are you okay?” He asked, suddenly Kellin was ripped away from his thoughts and shot back into reality. “What? Yeah, I’m fine.” He stuttered. It was louder in the bus than it had been before Kellin was dragged into his mind. Tony was brushing his teeth, more vigorously than normal. Mike was yelling into his phone at Maya, screaming directions at her. Kellin looked down at the door. What was he thinking making such a big deal out of such a silly little thing, a door. Vic rubbed his thumb over Kellin’s shoulder blade, pulling him closer to him. “What’s bugging you?” he whispered.

“I don’t know… I guess I just don’t like having doors laying in the middle of this tiny bus.” Kellin smiled. Vic frowned, he wasn’t fooled. He stood up anyway and grabbed the half of the door nearest to him. He walked over to the bus door, pushed it open, and tossed the door outside. “Happy?” he asked sarcastically. Kellin shook his head and pointed at the other half of the door with a comical pout folded into his lips. Vic sighed and sat down on the couch next to him, “Well we could just leave and hope someone else moves it.” Vic looked into Kellin’s eyes and bit his lip. “Oh…” Kellin whispered as Vic’s hand slowly slid up his thigh. Kellin’s eyes flicked over to Mike and back to Vic.

Vic took his hand and pulled him up off the couch. “I have an idea.” He smiled leading him toward the door. Kellin half ran after Vic down the bus steps and out the door. The parking lot was chilly for Orlando weather and the ankles of his loose fitting jeans slid across the pavement as they shuffled around the back of the bus. Kellin stumbled over himself almost pulling his pants completely down as he made his way up the SWS bus steps. Kellin ripped the jeans off as soon as he got to the top step, running through the empty bus to where his stuff was. Vic whistled as Kellin stood in the hallway rifling through his bag for a pair of boxers. “hahah stooopppp.” Kellin whined, putting his hands over his chest, completely ignoring his lower half. “Oh yes because that’s really what needs to be covered right?” Vic laughed, eyeing Kellin’s abs. Kellin blushed and pulled on a pair of tight cotton boxers. “I think people have been taking my pants.” he laughed pulling a pair of his jeans off the ground and shaking them out.