chapter 28 "tell me"

--6pm--

“FREEDOM!” Mike screamed as he burst out of the bus doors and into the chilly Orlando air. He threw his arms into the air and proceeded to run full sprint into the gas station they were parked in front of. By the time anyone had even gotten out of the bus Mike had already made it into the convenience store, no doubt buying as much food as possible. Tony carried Kellin down the stairs and carefully helped him stand outside the bus. He was almost paralyzed by the pain in his leg and knuckles. “Please tell me they followed us.” Kellin gasped, leaning against the bus, starring to the sky.

“I think they did, yea there they are.” Tony called soothingly from around the bus. The SWS tour bus pulled into the parking lot slowly parking right next to Kellin. Justin and Jesse exploded from the bus, running past Kellin and into the store as Mike had done. Gabe walked out a little slower and right over to Kellin. He pulled a small orange bottle out of his pocket and handed it to Kellin. “How are you alive right now?” he asked looking down at Kellin’s completely purple leg. Kellin shook his head and shoved three pills into his mouth, swallowing them dry.

“So are you just going to stay with Vic or do want us to clear off your bunk?” Gabe asked pulling out a pack of cigarettes. “I know it must seem like I’m just leaving you guys but….” Kellin stopped, he didn’t know what to say. Gabe looked at him waiting for him to finish his sentence. “I mean… I’ve never felt this way about anyone… well any guy anyway…I just… I wanna be with him all the time.” Kellin met Gabes stare, he knew Gabe understood what he was saying.  Gabe nodded and started walking toward the small gas station store.

Mike, Justin, and Jesse came running out. By the looks of what they had in their arms they probably bought everything there. “LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOOO!” Mike yelled jumping over the bus steps and throwing all the food onto the floor. Tony smiled and once again picked up Kellin, carrying him up the bus steps. “This is really embarrassing you know.” Kellin mumbled, Tony just laughed at him as he set him on the couch next to Vic. Vic already had a mouthful of cheez-its and Mike had spilled Doritos everywhere. “Okay you had food for 30 seconds and it’s already everywhere!” Kellin laughed flicking Dorito crumbs off the couch. Mike tried to laugh but almost chocked on whatever was in his mouth.

Kellin grabbed a can of Pringles off the floor and snuggled into Vic’s shoulder while Jaime compulsively started to play a movie. Jaime tastefully picked a slasher movie, fitting the fact that it was late October. Vic waited till everyone was thoroughly invested in the movie to put even just his arm around Kellin. Vic thought he was doing exactly what Kellin wanted when he faked a yawn and swung his arm around his neck, but Kellin once again couldn’t help but feel like a girl. This time he chose not to voice this feeling, in fear of a repeat of their first night together. He wanted to push those thoughts away and just enjoy being with Vic, but every time Vic did anything that normally a guy would do on a date, the feelings just flooded back. The movie started to get gory and Vic flinched into Kellin’s shoulder, Kellin instinctively pulled his head into his shoulder, wrapping his arm around Vic’s waist. Letting him become the “guy” once again.

Kellin smirked and rubbed Vic’s collar bone with his thumb, he knew that it calmed him down. Vic slowly began to untense as the screams coming from the television ceased. Kellin wasn’t really paying much attention to the movie though, he was more focused on whatever Vic was doing, letting his mind wander through thoughts of performing with him again.

--7:30pm--

As Vic cuddled closure into Kellins chest, he slowly twisted his body down so he was thoroughly slouched into the corner. Vic swung his legs onto the couch and rested his head in Kellin’s lap. Tony smiled and twisted his fingers around his phone. He bit his lip and slid his thumb roughly across the screen, instinctively going through his contacts. He stopped, went back to the home screen and put his phone back in his pockets, sighing heavily he tore open another bag of chips. Tony didn’t even want food anymore. He took one more look at Kellin and Vic exchanging cute little looks and decided he was going to bed, no matter how much time he had already spent asleep.