chapter 34 "BE with you"

-- 3:16am –

-- Mike –

“You’re not listening to me!” Mike screamed into his phone, now holding it away from his ear. Maya’s voice cracked as it came through, getting pieced apart by bad reception.

“You can’t control my life! You aren’t my father!”

“I just don’t want you out all night! Is that too much to ask!?”

“Well where are you! Yeah, that’s right you are at some fucking club!”

“Maya! It doesn’t matter what I’m doing I can fucking control myself!”

“Control yourself! Are you saying I can’t? Is that what you are saying?”

“Maya, don’t twist this around!”

“Well than tell me what you mean Mike!”

“I mean… YOU ARE A FUCKING STRIPPER! THERE, I said it YOU ARE A GIRL FOR SALE!”

“ARE YOU SERIOUS? Is that what this is about!”

“IT’S ALWAYS BEEN WHAT IT’S ABOUT!”

“AHHHHHHGGGGGHHHHH!!! I CAN’T DEAL WITH THIS RIGHT NOW I’M AT FUCKING WORK!”

“WORK! WHAT WORK?”

“MICHAEL I WORK AT HOOTERS! MIND YOUR OWN FUCKING BUSINESS!”

Maya hung up and Mike screamed her name a few times at the phone before throwing it too the ground, causing the screen to shatter. Mike took his hat off and ran his fingers through his hair, letting himself cool down. He leaned against the cool brick wall behind him, he could feel the vibrations from the club on his back. Mike put his hat back on and tore open the club door. He walked through the club, pushing through girls, heading straight for the bar. He went straight to Tony, who looked as though he was seeing stars. “Tony?” Mike yelled, trying to have his voice heard over the loud music. Mike rolled his eyes and grabbed Tony’s arm. Tony immediately collapsed as Mike pulled him away from the stool he was leaning against.

“What the fuck!” Mike yelled, pulling Tony off the floor and throwing his arm around his neck, dragging him out of the club.  Mike dropped him to the asphalt as soon as he made it out the door. Mike knelt down and took Tony’s face in his hands, “Tony? Tony come on buddy. Tony, you gotta snap out of this bro.” Mike started to slowly panic as Tony’s frosty eyes began to roll back into his head. Mike shook Tony roughly as his body began to go limp. “Really Tony! You’re passing out on me! Tony! Tony!” Mike slapped Tony repeatedly on the cheek trying to wake him up. “Whatever.” He mumbled, letting Tony keel over onto the damp asphalt. Mike sighed and reluctantly dug his hand into the pocket of Tony’s jeans. Pulling it out as soon as he realized Tony no longer had Jaime’s car keys.

Mike whispered a curse under his breath and ran his fingers through his sweaty hair. He looked around and felt his phone buzz in his pocket. Ignoring it he ran back into the club. Mike stood tip toe and looked around, trying desperately to spot Jaime to tell him he was leaving and Tony passed out in the parking lot. He didn’t see him and this was much too important to wait any longer. He ran over the the bar and pounded on the counter impatiently. “What?” the bar tender screamed over the booming music. “CAR KEYS!” He screeched, his voice cracking pre-pubescently. The bar tended immediately recognized him as the man who dragged Tony off and tossed him the keys. Mike nodded his head and raced toward the door. He jumped over Tony and ran back to Jaime’s small beat up 2004 Corola. He fumbled with the keys his hands shaking slightly from excited anger.

-- 4:46 am –

-- San Diego California –

-- Mike –