chapter 22 "bruises"

Kellin mumbled words that didn’t make sense as he slowly wrapped his arms over his chest tight. Jesse saw him and spoke up breaking the silence that had fallen over them,

“Kellin? Kellin what?” he put his hands on his bed side leaning over his chest.

“Kellin are you fucking breathing?” He half yelled now flustered.

Kellin just shut his eyes and pulled tighter at his chest. Jesse tried to pry Kellin’s arms apart, while The group all yelled Kellin’s name and multiple questions.

“Kellin what the hell, Kellin breathe!” Jesse screamed Kellins face now slightly blue.

“Kellin! Fuck! KELLIN!” Mike yelled at Kellin who was now just shutting his eyes and scrunching up his face while holding his chest.

Mike bolted out the door and into the hallway, “He’s not breathing!” he screamed at no one unparticular.

“Who’s not breathing?” asked a ginger doctor holding a chart.

“The doctor or whatever she like did something to him and uhm he’s not breathing now!” Mike was flustered and red faced frantically trying to get someone into Kellins room.

The doctor rolled up one of his sleeves and pushed past the door into Kellin’s room.

Jesse was still yelling at Kellin, who wasn’t responding at all. The doctor shoved past him and pulled Kellin’s arms away from his chest with little effort.

He pulled a small pair of scissors from his coat pocket and cut up the center of Kellins T-Shirt.

His chest was black and purple, it looked like a massive bruise. Kellin started coughing hard.

The doctor tilted Kellins head back slightly and Kellin spit out blood onto his own face.

“Shit!” exclaimed the doctor grabbing his beeper from his side and typing in some code.

Everyone had backed away from Kellin’s bedside at the sight of him coughing up blood.

“What’s wrong with him!” Vic yelled now breaking his silence from the end of the bed.

The doctor was slightly un nerved from kellins lack of breathing and the blood he was fumbling with something in his hands when he spoke. “Your friends going into respiratory failure from whatever happening in his brain were going to have to crack his chest.”

“What!” Jesse yelled before Vic could respond. The doctor didn’t answer.

He ran his fingers down Kellin’s slightly visible ribs and made slight stab in between two of them. He held a needle connected to a tube in his hands.

The tube slowly filled with blood and it flowed through it steadily. Kellin spit up more blood and the doctor turned around facing the group at the end of the bed watching in horror.

“You guys have to go to lobby, you shouldn’t be in here.” He said looking slightly frantic.

No one moved, the just stood there as two more doctors burst through the door and rushed over to Kellin’s aid.

“Guys! Out!” the doctor now yelled at the startled band members. Slowly they made their way to the door but Vic didn’t move.

Jaime tried to pull Vic away by his arm but he didn’t move. He just pulled his arm from his grip and kept his eyes locked on Kellin who was still blue in the face.

“Karev, take this!” The ginger doctor said handing him the tube connected to Kellin’s chest. Blood was still flowing out of the bottom of the tube and into a bag similar to the ones hanging by Kellin’s bed.