chapter 7 "Mike's gone"

Kellin walked through the rushing hospital parking lot to the bus. Before he could open the door a young girl tapped him on the shoulder and asked him for his autograph. He faked a smile and signed her shirt collar, before slinking up the bus steps. He eyed to couch but made his way to Vic’s bunk instead. He rolled under the covers taking in his intoxicating scent.

Faintly he thought heard music; he reached under Vic’s pillow and found his iPod. He put the base of it his ear it was playing very softly. He pressed the top button turning on the screen it was playing his song. His heart bean to fill with sorrow and agony the song Vic was listening to was “Let love bleed red.” It was on replay. Angry and hurt Kellin threw the iPod aside and buried his face in Vic’s pillow. His pillow smelled strongly of his hair. Kellin felt himself smile thinking of entangling his fingers in his soft locks just once more. Kellin rolled over to look at the ceiling above him; taped to the underneath of Jaime’s cot was a purple condom. Kellin raised his eyebrows and began to laugh. He wondered how long Vic had kept that there remembering how Vic rarely banged his groupies.

He heard Tony walk in through the bus door, he wasn’t alone. Kellin heard a girl giggling and herd the sound of kissing as he heard a thump as they hit the couch. Kellin could hear Tony shedding the girl of her clothes and fumbling with her bra. Kellin began to smirk holding back a laugh. ‘Tony had no idea he was there.’ Kellin thought to himself still biting his lip. He heard Tony begin to shake his pants down. The girl now giggling even louder than before.

Soon he giggles were replaced by moans and Kellin fought the erg to laugh. This girl was not at all a quiet one. Tony whispered things seductively in spanish while she moaned aloud. About 5 minutes later he heard Tony yell something in Spanish. He heard Tony kiss the girl before walking her out the door. He heard the door shut and herd Tony began to rifle threw the fridge. Kellin slowly got out of Vic’s bed and walked into the man area and rested himself on the doorway to see a half-naked Tony cracking open a beer.

Kellin cleared his throat loudly and he spun around. “Oh my god!” Tony exclaimed. Kellin began to laugh hysterically and Tony’s cheeks grew red. “Were you? Did you… I can explain!” Tony yelled. Kellin still laughing said “No need.” and gave him a thumbs up before returning to Vic’s bunk.

Jaime walked alone through the hospital corridors. He had no idea where Mike had stormed off too, nor did anybody else. He passed Tony canoodling with some blonde in the lobby earlier but they had since left. He decided it would be best to give up his search for Mike and go back to check on Vic. As he walked toward Vic’s room four nurses ran past him with a crash cart. His heart began to pound and he quickened his strides. Soon he was in a full sprint down the empty hall way. He skidded to a stop in front of his friend’s room. He caught his breath and opened the door. A shock of relief ran through his spine to see Vic laying in his bed eyeing his bandages.

“Sup.” Vic said very nonchalant to his frazzled visitor. “Haven’t seen Mike have you?” “Nope.” Vic faked a smile when he responded. He was so angry with Mike. But to his relief he didn’t think he told anyone. Jaime turned to leave but Vic called out “Hey, can a leave this shit hole now.” Jaime grinned slightly seeing that his friend had his sense of humor back. “Yea I’ll get the papers.” Jaime replied with a smile. As Jaime left he called behind his shoulder “Call Mike will ya?” and shut the door with a bang. Vic didn’t want to talk to mike he didn’t even want to think about him right now. Reluctantly he grabbed his phone off the bed stand and dialed his number into the keypad. He hesitated before hitting send and lifted his phone to his ear. It rang twice before being sent to voice mail. He ignored his call. He knew he wouldn’t want to talk so he shot him a text instead. It read: ‘out now. Go 2 bus or we gon leave w/out u’ Vic chuckled slightly at his horrible grammar and set his phone back on the table.