chapter 33 "Green Fairy"

Vic’s vision was blurry and his stomach was starting to turn sour. Leaning his head against the buss wall he took a deep breath and closed his eyes, thinking of everything he had done wrong today. Everything was fuzzy and he couldn’t think clearly, he felt like he was spinning. Vic felt a crawling feeling in his throat and tried to stop the inevitable. He failed, Vic groaned as he felt all the whiskey he had just consumed seep through his clothes. He felt hot again and got sick, this time he didn’t even bother trying to hold it back, or keep it away from himself. Hot tears welled up in Vic’s milky eyes, he didn’t try to hold them back. He let himself cry, cry for his mistakes, cry for Kellin, cry for his own self pity. Vic felt disgusting, covered in his own vomit, tears, and blood; drunk as a dog he was the most pathetic sight in the world. As terrible as it was crying in the corner alone and covered in the grossest substance he could imagine Vic didn’t even try to move. He would rather fall asleep right there in a drunken daze, covered in his own puke, then make an effort to do anything at all. He didn’t want anything to do with anyone, he was sick of everyone asking him what he was going to do next, where he was going with things. Couldn’t anyone just deal with a simple ‘I don’t know’ for once? Couldn’t anyone see that he just wanted to live in the moment, couldn’t anyone see he didn’t want to deal with that stuff? Maybe they could see what he couldn’t; maybe they could see he needed to grow up.

-- Kellin –

Kellin pulled the door shut behind him and wiped the tears from his eyes, it was for the best. Kellin stopped dead and looked around through the blurry parking lot, the SWS bus wasn’t there anymore. “What the?” Kellin mumbled to himself. No one had told him they were leaving, he hadn’t spoken to anyone in his band lately. He felt weird, the people he once called his best friends were becoming strangers, all because of some guy. Kellin started walking the path he had walked earlier that day through the damp parking lot, at least the rain had stopped. Kellin stumbled over a pot hole and cursed at his on clumsiness, shaking off his now even more drenched ankle. Kellin yanked open the tech van door and set his bag on the edge, un-zipped it and pulled out a pair of sweatpants, Vic’s sweat pants. If he wasn’t cold, wet and extremely uncomfortable he would have just thrown them away, but he was desperate.

Kellin struggled with his wet pants, prying and pulling at them for what seemed like forever. Seeing as he wasn’t taking any precautionary measures to hide the fact that he was stripping in a parking lot; a car full of girls honked at him violently as they pulled in to pump gas. Kellin peered around the back of the van, 2 of the girls from the car were walking right toward. “Shit.” Kellin whispered. Kellin stumbled back and ripped his jeans out from under him, causing him to fall backward onto the ground. Kellin groaned and shut his eyes, could this day get any worse?

Apparently it could, because Kellin opened his eyes to a camera flash, “Oh my god you Kellin Quinn!” One of the girls screamed. She was a tall brunette with long hair that was pulled up into a messy bun. She was wearing a shirt that was much to tight and bra that held her boobs much too high. She wore skinny jeans that were cuffed at the ankle above a chunky set of bright orange heels. Her friend looked almost the same as her except her hair was blonde and parted in the middle, without a doubt they were hipsters. “Uhm yeah.” Kellin sighed trying to shield his eyes from the camera flashes that kept going off from their IPhones. “Can you not? I’m sorta half naked here?” Kellin pleaded, very annoyed now. “Well I mean, It’s not like you’re going to do anything so uhm, yeah I’ll be sure to tag you in these on Instagram.” The brunette laughed, signaling to her friend that she was leaving. “He’s really short O-M-F-G.” one laughed to the other as they walked away.

Kellin kicked off the rest of his jeans and shook out Vic’s sweatpants. Kellin went to go put them on and remembered that his thin cotton boxers were just as wet as his pants. He sighed and peered around the edge of the van once again, checking to see if anymore girls were walking back. They weren’t and he decided it was a safe moment to go commando. Kellin pulled off his underwear as fast as he could and pulled up the sweat pants. “Fuck yeah!” Kellin congratulated himself on not getting seen by the passing traffic. Pushing his hair out of his face kellin knelt on the side of the van, pushing stray merch and random cords away. The van was pretty much empty by now, seeing as all of the techies and merch people had their own R.V. with a tow. Kellin through his bag over to the driver’s seat and crawled onto the van floor. Shutting the bifold doors behind him, he collapsed into a heap.