chapter 32 "he didn't mean it"

Tony pressed his foot even harder into Vic’s chest and he shifted his eyes over to Kellin who was half convulsing on the ground, coughing and writhing. “Breathe, Kellin.” Tony hummed, he didn’t need Kellin to hear him, it wouldn’t make a difference if he did either way. Vic’s chest began to tighten as Tony put even more weight on him, “What did you do to him?” Tony demanded. “I… I hit him. Who cares… tony..” Vic choked on his words, he couldn’t breathe. “You stomped him didn’t you. DIDN’T YOU!” Tony yelled, looking over at Kellin who was still choking on himself. “No!” Vic coughed, “He’s over reacting!” Vic looked over at Kellin, who now had blood dripping from the corners of his mouth. “Oh shut up!” Vic yelled at him, “I didn’t hit you that hard and you know it!”

“HEY!” Tony yelled, digging his sneaker deep into Vic’s chest, causing him to gasp for air and claw at Tony’s foot. Tony pulled his foot back after giving him a final shove into the ground. Vic rolled over on the pavement and got sick. “Fuck.” He breathed pushing himself off the ground, gripping his sore chest. He faced Tony who was standing directly in front of him, towering over him. “You okay?” Tony asked, he had an almost forgiving tone. Vic nodded his head, “Yeah I’m fine bu-“ his sentence fell short as Tony grabbed the back of his head and slammed his face downward and into his knee. Tony took Vic by his shirt collar, pulling him up to his level. Blood streamed steadily from Vic’s lip and nose, he gasped for air and quivered under Tony’s harsh gaze. Tony pulled his arm back, going for a finishing blow to Vic’s head.

“STOP! TONY STOP! DON’T HURT HIM!” Kellin screamed, finally controlling his air intake. Tony grit his teeth, still debating weather to finish Vic or not. “HE DIDN’T MEAN IT! TONY!” Kellin cried, now legitimately fearing for Vic’s safety. Tony took a deep breath, put his knuckles down, and slowly released his grip on Vic’s throat. Vic gasped for air, and Tony shoved him backward with one hand against his heaving chest. “TONY! It’s okay I’m okay!” Kellin yelled out, defending the man that Tony had just pulled off of him. Tony shook his head in disbelief, “You’re defending him? Did he not just try to kill you?” Tony asked in astonishment. “Tony it’s okay we can take care of ourselves.” Kellin assured him. Tony shrugged his shoulders and started off toward the bus, letting his shoulder graze Vic’s as he passed him “Hurt him again, I dare you.” He threatened in a low deep growl. “Tony!” Kellin called after him, “Thanks.” He smiled. “Take care of yourself Kellin.” Tony hummed.

Vic looked down at Kellin who was sitting on the ground “You have uhm, some blood on your mouth.” Vic whispered hesitantly, still unsure of how Kellin felt about him. Kellin sighed at put his hand over his mouth, “Your face is covered in blood.” Kellin gestured a circle around his entire face. Vic tried to choke out a fake laugh but it sounded more like he was about to throw up, again. Vic felt the familiar awkwardness spilling over them again and didn’t even try to fix it. Vic looked around the parking lot, spotting the gas station store he stuttered, “I uhm… I have to er… get that uh… thing.” He nodded to Kellin shyly and started in a half jog toward the small store.

Kellin waited for Vic to get a good distance from him before even attempting to pull himself off the ground. He braced his hands on the pavement and tried to pull one of his legs under him, it didn’t work. Kellin looked up to see Tony walking toward him. Kellin smiled at looked toward the ground “Tony where were you ev-“ Tony stopped him, “It doesn’t matter as long as nobody got hurt.” Kellin nodded his head and extended a hand to Tony. Tony pulled him up almost effortlessly, giving him time to get his balance back before releasing his hand. Kellin thought back to when he fell off the stage and Vic had helped him up, how his hand lingered on his for the longest time. Kellin half wanted to pretend to fall, just to see if Tony would catch him, which he already knew he would. He half wanted to know if having Tony’s arms around him was as nice has having Vic’s around him. After all, Tony was taller, and his arms were much bigger, much stronger. Kellin’s thoughts wondered back to that morning, how Tony wasn’t afraid of anything, any criticism that is. Needless to say; Kellin had the image of Tony standing there, completely naked, burned into his mind. Not that it was a bad image, it was actually a pretty pleasing image, for Kellin anyway.