chapter 21 "Amnesia"

Vic couldn’t speak, he just starred at Kellin’s fingers slowly wrapping around his.

Mike knew Vic was going to say something mushy to Kellin and he slowly put his headphones in his ears.

The corners of Kellin’s mouth twitched and he slowly licked his lips, like he always did.

Vic held his breath; Kellin squeezed his eyes and opened them slowly.

He looked over at his hand entwined in Vic’s.

“What…. What… What’s going on?” he whispered in a hoarse groggy voice.

Vic didn’t speak as he watched Kellin’s eyes trail his stitched arm.

“Vic?” Kellin whispered shutting his eyes away from the light.

“Hey…” Vic breathed squeezing Kellin’s hand.

Kellin looked at his wrapped hand, “Vic, where are we?” he asked quietly, fear in his voice.

“Kells you… you got shot. Don’t you remember anything?”

Kellin went to move his good hand but it was wrapped in Vic’s. He looked down at their hands once more.

“I didn’t mean it you know.” Kellin whispered quietly looking at his hand.

“What?” Vic asked now gliding his thumb over the back of Kellin’s hand.

“I love you.” He said looking up into Vic’s eyes.

Vic felt a flood of emotion; he remembered, he knew he would remember.

“I love you too.” Vic whispered pushing Kellin’s hair back with his free hand and kissing him lightly on the forehead.

Kellin tried to push himself up but gasped in pain, when he tried to move his leg. “Oh my god…. I can’t feel my leg.” He said starring at the blanket over him.

Vic didn’t know what to say, the doctors said they wouldn’t know anything till he woke up.

Tony burst through the door and ran to the bed beside Kellin. He swung his arms over him and wrapped his arms around his shoulders.

“You looked dead. I thought you were dead!”

Tony cried out, his emotions finally hitting him. Mike, Maya, and Jaime all stood in the door way, silently watching Kellin. Jaime looked over at Kellin, whose eyes were searching the room.

“Jesse called, uhm he’s bring the busses here and stuff he said they’ll only be another 10 minutes…. Uh parking was difficult.”

Kellin cleared his throat, “I just I’m….. I thought I died…. Like I swear I let go….”

He looked puzzled.

“When Justin found you…. I mean it was…. You were already out.” Jaime said hesitantly.

Kellin looked at him bewildered “Justin found me…. I wow….” He trailed off in thought.

“Yea it wasn’t Justin, Justin though it was Vanhook…. He uhm I don’t know… I guess seeing you like that got to him and he left he flew home.” said Jaime this time a bit more confidently.

Kellin sighed “Wow I mean we barley talked to him all tour and he saved my life.”

“Hey uhm Kellin. Uhm do you remember what uhm happened to you that uhm got you this way?” Tony whimpered now releasing Kellin from their prolonged hug.

Kellin took a moment’s pause before speaking “Darvon. Darvon shot me in the leg because I…. I….. I don’t know what I did I don’t remember.” Kellin whispered slowly looking down to his lap as he spoke.