chapter 27 "lover boy"

Kellin jolted forward, slamming his face into the wall as the bus came to a screeching halt. “What the fuuuuck.” Kellin grumbled, as blood streamed out of his nose. He let out a deep sigh and pressed his shirt to his face. He forced his cast over the side of the bunk, he really wasn’t looking forward to the drop to the ground from his upper bunk. It was dark in the bus, with just a hazy fog flooding through the windows. He pulled his shirt away from his face, checking to see if the bleeding had stopped. He rolled the shirt up into a wad and dropped it to the floor. He braced himself for a fall and slowly started to push himself over the edge of his bunk.

Before he finish the deed the bus door banged open and Mike and Jaime came raging to the back of the bus, waking anyone who slept through the rough stop. Mike grabbed Kellin’s ankles and pulled him from his bunk, hurling him over his shoulder and taking off with him. Jaime ran out with them, “Were abducting you!” Jaime yelled sliding over the hood of a car that honked furiously as he did so. Kellin’s vision focused and he noticed Mike was carrying him through slow moving traffic. “Mike hurry it up!” Jaime called about four cars ahead of them.

“Ahh no! Mike yelled as the traffic jam slowly started to flow faster. “Kellin, lose some fucking weight my god!” He choked, throwing him to the ground beside the PTV bus that had pulled over to wait for them. “What was the purpose of this?” Kellin laughed hysterically pulling himself off the pavement. “Have some appreciation, my god!” Jaime laughed pulling open the bus door.

“What time is it?” Kellin asked as he nearly fell up the bus steps. “SHHHH!” Mike and Jaime spat simultaneously. The sky was still dark, but there weren’t any stars, signaling it must have been early in the morning.  “It’s 4:27 Jaime whispered as he crept back into the bunks. Mike pushed off of the wall and rolled back into his own bunk, pulling the curtain swiftly shut. Jaime slowly pulled back the curtain blocking off Vic’s bunk. Jaime waved Kellin over, he hobbled over as quietly as he could and stood behind Jaime. Jaime pulled himself into his own bunk and hung his torso over the edge. He braced one arm on the edge of Mike’s bunk and swung the other into Vic’s. Jaime slapped Vic’s face hard then hurled himself back into his own bunk, fighting back a laugh as Kellin flinched back ward in shock.

Vic groaned and pulled the pillow over his face, “I fucking hate you.” He mumbled, his voice heavily muffled by the pillow. Kellin didn’t know what to do so he just whispered, “That’s funny, cause I love you.” Vic ripped the pillow off his face and jolted forward, wrapping his arms around Kellin’s knees. Kellin fell into the bunk, swaying quickly to avoid smashing his face against the divider between the lower and upper bunk. Kellin heard Jaime laughing and kicked his good leg against the ceiling.

Pulling the rest of his body into the bunk was a physical feat with Vic’s arms still wrapped tightly around his waist. Kellin rolled his head back into the pillow, re-adjusting himself so his body was facing toward Vic instead of away from him. “Hey lover boy.” Kellin whispered soothingly; pushing his fingers through Vic’s tangled hair. Vic smiled and rocked his shoulders into Kellin’s kissing him without a care in the world. Kellin smiled and kissed him back, this time with a bit more vigor. Vic used his grip on Kellin to his advantage, pulling him as close as possible. “I don’t know how you got here but I’m never letting you leave.” Vic mumbled lazily into their kiss. Kellin snuggled his shoulders in between Vic’s, creating comforting warmth to flood the small bunk. Vic could feel his lips moving slower and slower against Kellin’s as he drifted back into the inviting blackness.

--10:23am--

As sunlight began to flood the still moving bus, the PTV members slowly started waking up and moving about the bus. “We have no food!” Tony yelled, not talking to anyone in particular, just wanting someone to pay attention to him. That was the sounds that broke through to Vic’s tired mind, causing him slowly open his eyes. As his eye’s adjusted to the light he was met by one of the most amazing things, Kellin had fallen asleep with their lips still connected. Vic smiled, moving Kellin’s lips in sync with his. He wondered how neither of them had moved, how they stayed perfectly entwined with each other for so long. Kellin’s warm breath lingered in and out of Vic’s mouth with every breath, and he wondered if his did the same.

Vic pulled his face away from Kellin’s and unwrapped his arms from around his waist, careful not to disturb him. He pressed his hands into the mattress and tried to get some form of momentum to make it over Kellin. He pushed himself upward and tried to roll himself over Kellin. It didn’t work, at all. Both singers fell off the bunk and onto the floor with a deadening thump.

“Whyyyyyy.” Kellin moaned from underneath Vic, his body crushed against the floor. “ehhhhhh” Vic moaned back with equally distressed enthusiasm. Neither one moved, the blanket still wrapped around them, the floor was just as comfy as the bed. Kellin sighed heavily, letting Vic’s body weight press him into the floor. For some reason in that moment Kellin face completely safe, like nothing could ever hurt him again.

Vic was so tired he was perfectly content with just falling back asleep on top of Kellin, he liked the warmth from Kellin’s bare chest anyway. “Can I sleep on you?” Vic mumbled into Kellin’s hair. Kellins just hummed a “mhmm” and the vibrations in his throat radiated through Vic’s body. Vic sighed deeply and let his mind draw blank.

--noon--

“Why is everyone so fucking sexual around here!” Tony grumbled kicking Vic off Kellin as he rolled out of his bunk for the second time this morning. Tony stretched his arms and groaned, looking down at the two, still asleep. “I don’t how the hell Kellin got here, but if he’s gonna stay he needs to sleep in your bed or on the couch.” Tony sat on the edge of his bunk and pushed Vic completely off Kellin with his foot. “stoooooooop.” Kellin moaned, wrapping his arms lazily around Vic. Tony smirked and pushed a little harder, pushing Vic to the floor next to Kellin.

“WOAHH! Vic are you serious right now? Control yourself, my god!” Tony laughed eyeing the fact that Vic had a visible boner. Vic mumbled something and put his arm over his face, as an attempt to block out the noon day sun flooding the bus. “Are we still moving?” he groaned, pushing his hand down over his erection. Jaime peered over the edge of his bunk down at the three tired band members, “Unfortunately yes, and we will remain moving for like 6 more hours.” “Oh fuck that!” Tony protested stumbling over Vic and Kellin as he headed to the small bus kitchen. “Okay there is no food.” Tony called, cupboard doors slamming.

“You already said that like 3 hours ago, we haven’t stopped so of course we still won’t have any food.” Jaime wasn’t in the mood for antics today, obviously annoyed from the prolonged travel. Tony once again frantically searched for something to eat around the bus. “How do we not have food?” Tony whined throwing an empty box of cheese-its across the room. Tony sunk to the floor and bashed his head backward against the counter top, “This blows.” He whined to the ceiling. “Oh stop being a baby.” Jaime called, “We can ask the guy to stop so we can get food once everyone up.”

“Vic get off.” Kellin groaned pushing himself upward. Kellin braced his arms against the side of Tony’s bunk and pushed himself up, his knee cracking painfully as he stood. Jaime grimaced at the sound and swung down from his bunk to help Kellin walk. Together they stumbled to the couch, which Kellin promptly fell onto as soon as it was within reach. Kellin groaned as he slowly bent his leg back and forth, ”Seven days.” He moaned, gripping his leg with both hands. “My pain shit is on my bus.” Kellin angrily said as he shuffled through his sweat pants pocket.

--4pm--

The next couple hours passed by like years, everyone now awake and irritated from a lack of food. Mike threw and X-box controller across the bus at Vic and Kellin, who were getting a little too comfortable in the chair they were sharing. “Mike stop.” Tony stated flatly, not drawing his attention away from the phone he was spinning lifelessly in his hands. “How much longer till we’re in Orlando, Jaime?” Mike asked as he rolled off the couch and onto the floor. Jaime rifled through his pockets, pulling out his phone. He slid his thumb across the screen and lazily typed something. “only about an hour and a half.” He said letting it fall from his hands and onto the floor beside Mike. “ughhhhh” they all moaned in unison. No one wanted to spend another minute on that buss without food, seeing as the bus driver refused to pull off onto an exit.