chapter 12 "Ladies of the night"

Vic wrapped one arm around Kellin’s neck and kissed him on the forehead. “You rocked it out there man!” Yelled Vic into Kellins ear. “I was in the zone man! Like woah!” Kellin screamed back. Gabe and Justin ran over and pushed them out the side door. “We have shit to sign!” Jesse yelled from behind a table a line of people behind him. It was as if the entire concert was lined up behind hat plastic table.

They made there way over to the table and grabbed sharpies signing every bag, shirt, and breast that came their way. After having to comfort crying girls and fainters they were finally done with their night. Exhausted, Jesse slumped onto the bus couch and glanced over at Kellin; who was half asleep on the floor leaning his head against the wall. The PTV members and the SWS member planned to visit a strip club that night, but so far no one had re-visited the idea. As soon as Jack and Justin settled themselves on the opposite couch; Gabe and Jaime burst through the door with small stacks of bills in their hands. “Who’s ready to see some titties!” Jaime yelled at the tired group.

Slowly Kellin raised his hand; his eyes still closed, slumped against the wall. Jaime and Gabe looked thoroughly disappointed. Gabe took Jesse’s arm and pulled him up from the couch. Jesse swayed slightly and walked out the door. “Jesse’s on board!” Gabe yelled trying to get the others to come as well. Justin slowly stood up and too headed for the door. Jaime looked down at Kellin with a wondering look on his face. Kellin looked up at him and mumbled a cross “What?” Jaime took hold of Kellin’s fore arm and pulled him upward and scooped him up and over his shoulder. “What the fuck are you doing…” Kellin mumbled not fighting at all. “This was your idea and you of all people need this.” Jaime said gleefully.

Jaime dropped Kellin on the pavement outside the PTV buss where everyone else had already gathered. “Not ready to party huh?” Mike slurred, already working on a bottle. Everyone seemed to be awake and ready to go except Kellin. Vic tried desperately to catch Kellin’s eye with no reward. “I think Kells might be sitting this one out tonight.” Vic spoke softly trying not to draw attention to him-self. Jaime grabbed Vic by the shoulder and shook him slightly, “This is for you and Kellin. I mean you guys….” He stopped he didn’t want to bring it up.

Kellin pushed himself up from the ground and steadied himself on Vic’s arm. His grip hit Vic’s stiches and a pit formed in his stomach. Vic’s arm twitched slightly form pain but he didn’t want to show he couldn’t handle it. “I’m gonna assume were gonna need a cab?” Jack asked eyeing Mike’s swaying knees. “Yea, that’s probably best… I mean I plan to enjoy our night.” Said Jesse sounding very bland. Nobody seemed as excited for the night as Jaime and Gabe who were almost jumping as the cab pulled around.

They arrived at a darkly lit building with a small sign with the words “Gentlemen” written across the top of a sketchy black door. Kellin looked over at Tony who looked as though he had seen a ghost. Jaime and Gabe handed each band member a small stack of singles and said. “This is starting money. You bitches better hit the atm before the end of the night.” Jaime winked at Vic as he spoke. Vic ignored it and flipped through his small stack he had $30. Justin pushed through the door into the now disco lit “club” a woman in a risky frayed top greeted the group at the door. Mike slipped about $5 into her bra and took her by the arm. Tony looked as if he were going to cry and stood a bit closer to Kellin whose eyes went wide as he saw a girl spin down a pole.

Jaime put his hands on Vic’s shoulders and steered him toward a bar that a girl was sitting on seductively. Justin and Jesse had made themselves comfortably at one of the 3 catwalks. Jack was led away by an almost clothed girl, who quickly shed her shirt as she pushed him into a chair. Tony and Kellin still stood awkwardly at the door. “I need a drink.” Tony mumbled his voice oddly high. Kellin nodded as they made their way toward the bar, tendered by a busty blonde in a glittery bra.