Chapter 1

Aadhira was ready in a cream coloured silk saree with a pink coloured blouse.

She was looking at herself in the mirror while talking on her phone

"Yaar Akshu.. Unni.. this is so irritating.. Mumma is trying to make me a jewellery shop yaar.. they are just coming to see me.. not buy jewellery from me.. and seriously am I doll or what that they are coming to see me.. can't they just see my photo.. or if the groom wants he can speak to me separately.. Godd this is irritating.."

Aadhira rants it off to her cousin, Akshara and her friend, Unnati. Akshara and Unnati laugh hearing her, Aadhira gets all the more irritated "Excuse me both of you.. you are not supposed to laugh hearing me.. you both are supposed to console me.. I know Akshu you didn't have to go through this so you don't know how irritating it is.. and Unni.. you I don't even have to say.. I know you don't want to get married ever so you won't have to go through this at all.."

Suddenly the line goes silent, they both stop laughing, Aadhira looks at her phone to make sure whether the call is still on or not "What happened now.. why are you both silent". Akshara, her cousin who had married her love although after a lot of difficulties when her parents fixed her marriage with someone else. The same man who she was engaged to, and her best friend, Unnati helped her to get married to her love in the presence of her parents.

Akshara answers while Unnati stays silent "Nothing Aadhu.. it's okay.. I'm sure you will be fine.. you know how Atha (Paternal Aunt) and Mama (Paternal Aunt's husband) are.. they are a bit traditional in all this".

Aadhira hums "Hmm yeah.. I know.. but I'm not wearing that jewellery shop that Mumma wanted me to wear.. just wearing what I'm comfortable with.. anyway I think they have arrived.. bye girls I'll talk to you later".

Aadhira disconnects the call and sits down on her bed waiting for her mom to call her, also wondering what happens to her friend Unnati that everytime they talk about marriage she goes silent.

Her mother, Yashoda comes to call her, Aadhira was taken out of her room to the living room where the groom was sitting along with his family. She was made to sit opposite to the groom who was busily doing something on his phone.

She rolls her eyes looking at him, did he come here to see me or his phone.. isn't it obvious already that he isn't interested.. Krishna jiii!! Why are Mumma Nanna making me go through this.. I cannot answer their stupid questions of whether I can sing or dance!!..

Just then an elderly woman who was in her early fifties, the groom's mother, smiles looking at her "Aadhira.. I know you all are this generation kids and you people don't like all this..". Aadhira's dad interrupts her "Ala emi ledhu andi.." (Nothing like that), the groom's Father smiles "It's okay.. we should understand their point of view.. it's just we wanted both the families to meet once formally.. Rest is upto you both.. you can talk.. meet.. we don't mind.. you both can get to know eachother".