Chapter 14

Karthik follows behind her and he too goes under her bed along with her, he was about to say something when she puts her finger on his lips and whispers "Shhhh.. Mumm will come.. don talk". He chuckles at her cute behaviour of her of thinking her mom doesn't know where she is and removes her finger from his lips.

He knew her loud anklets were enough to give her away wherever she goes. Karthik looks at her and whispers "Aadhu if you eat now aunty said she will make chocolate cake for us". She looks at him thinking about chocolate cake but then remembers how he pranked her sometime before and shakes her head "Naaaa.. you lie.."

He chuckles "No Aadhu.. aunty will really make.. I will ask her to.. but you have to eat na before that". She makes a face at the thought of eating that bitter thing "Naaa wackyy.. no eash..". He smiles "Aadhu you want to become strong girl right..", she nods "Yeshh stong Aadhu".

He pats her head "Then you should eat it.. then our Aadhu will become strong like superman..", she looks at him blinking her big brown eyes "supemann.. shaktimaann". He nods, she keeps blinking her eyes thinking something "Mumm give choco cake", he nods again.

She goes out of her hiding spot from under the bed followed by Karthik. She again runs back to the living room where her mom was waiting for her and Karthik. Aadhira opens her mouth wide "Aaahhh", so that her mother can feed her.

She eats a morsel and keeps running around the living room to digest the bitter taste. Her mom keeps running behind her feeding her "Aadhu stop running". Everytime she eats a morsel she keeps making a face "Mumm wackyy".

Finally she completes eating her lunch running around, after completing she looks at her mom "Mumm Aadhu stongg", her mother nods smiling. As promised by Karthik she also gets her chocolate cake to eat making her happy all the more.

Flashback ends...

She had finally made Reyaansh sit on her lap and was feeding him soup, he was moving his hand and telling some story to her and she kept listening to him intently.

He sits with his friend Abhi who was hogging on the kheer "Hey Karthik.. this is amazing.. try it na". He turns to Abhi "Abhi how are you so calm.. didn't you see Yash leaving.. he was crying seeing Unnati..". Abhi turns to Karthik "Don't worry Karthik.. to handle that stubborn man.. I need food.. so do you.. so eat".

His eyes again go back to Aadhira to check what she is doing. He sees her talk to her parents and take some keys and leave, still in her engagement gown. He was curious where she was going at this time, that too when the guests had not left.

He only hears her saying "Okay Amma.. I will be back soon.. don't worry.. and don't wait for me.. I'll come home directly not here". Her mother walks behind her "Yeah okay.. you are taking the car right..", she rolls her eyes "Yeah yeah.. I'm taking the car.. I know you won't let me go in my scooty in my engagement dress.. bye Mumma..".

She runs off while her mother keeps muttering "This girl never listens.. always has to do what she wants.. she did not even eat.. what do I do with her..", her mom shakes her head and goes back. Karthik wanted to know where she is going, so he turns to Abhi "I'll be back soon", after which he also leave from there.

He too starts his car and follows behind her at a distance so she won't know he is following her. Soon she reaches her shop, he was confused, she came here at this time.. on the day of her engagement.. to work.. really.. is she even serious..

On top of it there would be no customers at this time.. why is she even here.. Godd this girl is crazy.. who comes to their work on the day of their engagement that too when the guests are still there.. that too without eating.. and please tell me who comes here following that girl (his mind mocks him)..