Chapter 35

Aadhira loved Karthik's parents, they loved her, they were always there to support her against Karthik and roast him at all times. They had become a team in the past few weeks. Aadhira would help Narayani in cooking, Aadhira would teach her new healthy recipes, she would tell Aadhira about her childhood stories. As with Ramakrishnan, his tea in the morning and evening happens only with Aadhira along with his morning walks.

She loved their company, they would even accompany her to Lakshmi house at times. She was sad that she had to leave from here with her so called husband with whom she didn't even talk properly after the first day of their marriage. She thought he will atleast apologize for what he spoke but when he didn't she didn't feel like taking an initiative to talk to him.

In the past 3 weeks they both were busy, Aadhira had to look after her shops and the transfer of all the responsibilities to Arjun and Ganesh. While Karthik was busy trying to quicken the process of starting the set up of Reddy's in Chennai. They both were also busy with the wedding preparations of Yash and Unnati that they hardly had any time to spend with each other.

They both too didn't mind, they thought the more they are away from each other the better but now that Yash and Unnati's wedding was over and they were on their honeymoon, Karthik and Aadhira were to leave for Birmingham in a couple of days, they were going be alone in the same house over there.

They had to talk to each other with no other go, Aadhira was packing her bag while Karthik was packing his. Aadhira looks at Karthik "Umm will we stay in same room or different rooms over there". Karthik turns to Aadhira "Mine is a 3bhk appartment house.. so don't worry you will have a separate room.. we don't have to stay in the same room.. you will have your own closet.. so please don't mess with my things there".

She turns away from him "Fine..", she puts all her things in her bag neatly and closes her bag while Karthik was still packing his. She thought to help him and goes to pick his things from the closet, she brings it back to him. Karthik looks at her "What are you doing?", She looks at him "I completed my packing so I'm helping you".

Karthik shakes his head "I don't need your help Aadhira.. I'm used to doing all this.. only I do my packing and please don't try to do all this helping and stuff.. or the things considered as 'wifely duties'.. I don't need them.. please keep all this only in front of Maa and dad.. not inside this room.. here we know what's the reality and truth.. so don't.. if you are done then sleep.. tomorrow night you won't be able to get much sleep as we have a midnight flight.."

She looks elsewhere "I don't understand what's your problem.. fine!!.. we are going to stay in the same house.. just us.. we would have to talk to eachother.. communicate with eachother.. do you know that or for that also you have conditions..". Karthik shakes his head "Aadhira I would be leaving to the hospital by 7 a.m and be back at home mostly after 10 p.m.. the chances of us seeing eachother or communicating with each other is going to be very less..

So no conditions.. no formalities.. no pleasantries needed to be exchanged.. so don't worry!!.. so you can stay in the house.. go out.. do whatever you want keeping in mind my conditions.. that's all!!". Aadhira turns away from him and goes out into the balcony, I wish there was an off button to this man.. so that I can shut his voice out when he starts reciting the same things again and again.

I will miss Maa and dad so much.. Amma Nanna also.. they were my saviours when this man frustrated the hell out of me.. what will I do when I'm in Birmingham.. who will I turn to.. on whom will I vent out my frustration.. who will make me smile when this man makes me upset by opening his mouth..

Godd!! How am I going to manage the next six months.. though I will make sure to irritate the hell out of him.. but still he just needs to open his mouth and talk about his conditions which are enough to frustrate me.. irritate me.. anger me.. and hurt me.. please Krishna ji make these six months bearable for me.. I will be the happiest when we come back here..

I don't know what to even expect in the next six months.. will we be able to even survive eachother.. No the question is wrong!!.. the correct one would be.. will I be able to survive the next six months.. because he would survive by ignoring me.. that's enough for him.. Come on Aadhu you don't need him.. you know that.. you can survive without him also..

You have already been alone.. alone and lonely!!.. Alone is when there is no one with you and you are the only person in that place but lonely.. when you have so many people around you yet you feel that you are the only one!!.. I have felt both!!.. but now with everyone here I didn't feel this since a long time.. Well guess what Aadhu you are going to feel it again!!.. At that time it was because of your so called friends who backstabbed you.. now because of your so called husband..

She feels little drops of water falling on the back of her hand, she thought it had started to rain but then she feels few more droplets trickling down her cheeks when she realises that it's her tears. She wipes her tears, No Aadhu you know you are stronger than all this!!.. don't cry over spilt milk!!.. What done is done.. you cannot change anything.. you made a mistake.. everyone does.. so don't think about the past..

But my present.. my husband who doesn't even want my presence.. who doesn't even want to see me.. who loves someone else and is waiting for that someone.. who tries to push me away from him at every chance he gets.. what do I do about that!!.. Well Aadhu when life throws lemons at you.. you make a lemonade.. forget about him.. think about our business.. it's a whole new.. brand new opportunity Aadhu to expand!!..

Make use of this opportunity to get the business abroad.. till now it has only been in tamilnadu.. now we expand.. You know your cooking is different Aadhu and everyone loves it here.. time to check if it works in other places also.. if you will be able to take your love abroad also.. so start working on it.. Yes that's what I'm going to do.. not going to worry anymore about him..

Though I can't help but worry about him at times.. but that's my problem.. I should learn to control myself.. I need to put it all aside and need to start working for my love.. my passion.. Arjun and Mallika will definitely help me in all this.. Well Aadhu get ready for a new beginning with your love..

She looks at the moon and stars shining in the sky, I don't know what you have in plan for me Krishna ji.. why you tied me to my childhood buddy.. but I won't let anyone break my heart again.. I will not let my emotions on overflow in front of any of the friends that I may make in future.. I will not let my emotions out of control in front of him..

She goes back inside the room after wiping all her tears, Karthik had completed his packing, Aadhira takes a pillow and blanket puts it on the couch and lies down on the bed. Karthik glares at her "What.. you want me to complaint to Maa and dad again.. else go sleep in the guest room and tell the reason to them..

I'm sleeping on the bed.. I told you on the first day we slept in this room.. none of your looks or glares changed it.. even now also it won't change.. so ADJUST for one more day and sleep on the couch!!.. like you said you will have your own room.. your own bed.. your own closet from day after tomorrow". Karthik looks at her "For your information.. this is also my room.. my bed.. my closet".

Aadhira narrows her eyes at him "Excuse me.. do you want me to call Maa so she can give you a detailed explanation that this is OUR room.. OUR bed.. OUR closet.. I have equal rights.. if not more according to Maa and Dad.. I tolerate you so I think it's my reward for which I sleep on the bed.. so you can sleep on the couch for one last day or I'm ready to call Maa or dad if you want to argue.. I don't mind.. I have all night..".

Karthik shoots her one last glare and goes to lie down on the couch "Huh!! Blackmailers!!.. all are blackmailers!!.. keep blackmailing me at all times!!". He turns towards the side so that his back faces Aadhira, I have to be alone with this dangerous woman!!.. are you serious!!.. she is a fire breathing dragon.. what if she breathes fire on me and burns me to ashes.. no one would even know!!.. shit!!.. I need to be very careful!!