Chapter 52

Aadhira opens the door, she sees a girl who was fair and tall, she had shoulder length chestnut brown hair. She looked like she was probably in her late 20s, she had a suitcase with her and was standing outside the door. She was looking at Aadhira confused while Aadhira too mirrored her expression.

She looks at Aadhira "This is Dr.Karthik Reddy's house right..", Aadhira nods "Yes.. he is my husband". She looks at Aadhira surprised "Hu.. husband.. I'm Navya.. his friend", Aadhira was shocked to know that she is Navya. She didn't know what to do or think, her and Karthik's life was just getting settled and again a storm from his past is hitting them at their doorstep.

She steps aside and let's Navya inside, Karthik was looking towards the door wondering what was taking her so long. Just then he sees Navya entering inside and all his worries return back seeing her. Aadhira looks towards Karthik as her eyes were on the verge of welling up. Navya goes towards Karthik smiling and hugs him "Karthik how are you..".

Karthik was too shocked to react he neither hugs her back nor responds to her. She smiles a little and backs off from the hug "You got married haan". There was a kind of sadness in her tone which Aadhira could sense, this just shooted up her fear. Karthik keeps looking between Aadhira and Navya not knowing what to speak or do.

Navya looks at Aadhira and turns to Karthik "Introduce your wife na Karthik", he looks at Aadhira and looks elsewhere "Navya this is Aadhira.. my wife". She looks towards Aadhira and walks towards her "Wow Aadhira.. nice.. nice name.. lucky girl haan..", Karthik looks towards Navya "Navya you here?".

She smiles a little looking towards Karthik "Well my work got over Karthik.. I just came back.. can I stay here till I find a decent place for myself.. Aadhira I hope you won't mind". Aadhira looks at Karthik who had a stressed expression on his face, she just wanted to make his stress goes away "Sure Navya.. you can stay here.. I don't mind".

Karthik looks towards Aadhira with surprise while Navya smiles looking at Aadhira "Thank you so much Aadhira..". Aadhira smiles a little and moves towards the kitchen after showing Navya her room. Karthik follows behind Aadhira "Aadhu please listen to me.. I.. I didn't know she would actually come back.. I know it's too messed up.. but please just listen to me once".

She turns towards him "It's okay Karthik.. she was your friend before becoming your fiancee and she came here due to that.. as your friend.. so I don't have a problem..". Karthik was relieved "Thank you for understanding Aadhu.. you are the best", she smiles a little and continues her work while Karthik keeps standing there looking at her "Aadhu we can talk..".

Navya comes inside the kitchen "Hey.. wow Karthik in the kitchen.. improvement haan.. you know Aadhira Karthik never used to come in the kitchen when I used to cook.. he would just be sitting in the dining table and looking at his phone". Aadhira looks at Karthik "You.. you used to come here and cook", Navya nods smiling "Yeah on weekends.. he loves what I cook.. more than anyone's.. even his mom's.. he keeps praising my cooking.. right Karthik".

Karthik looks at Navya thinking what is she even trying to do, he goes near Navya and holds her hand. He turns to Aadhira, she keeps looking at his hand which was holding Navya "I just need to speak something with her Aadhira.. we will be back". He takes Navya out of the house into the porch "What are you doing.. why are you even here..", she looks at him "I told you na my work got over.. so I came back..".

He looks at her "So you had to come here.. to my house only.. you have other friends right.. and what are you trying to show to Aadhira.. that I like you more than her..". Navya chuckles bitterly "Why.. is it bothering you now.. there was a time you said that right.. there was a time you loved my presence.. you just wanted to be with me.. now what happened Karthik baby.. your Aadhu baby is here so you forgot your Navya.."

She puts her arms around his neck to hug him, Karthik removes her arms and looks at her "What is wrong with you.. why are you behaving so weirdly.. you know what Aadhira means to me.. you are the only one other than my dad who knows that.. and whatever I thought was a misunderstanding", Navya smiles sadly "Nothing.. I was just checking if you still feel anything for me.. Well congratulations Karthik.. you got your long lost love..

I couldn't have been happier for you.. everything between you two is solved right.. you told her everything?.. she must have been so happy.. any girl would be knowing that someone not just loved but devoted himself to her.. she is very lucky". Karthik smiles "No I'm lucky to have her.. my Aadhu❤️.. but no.. she doesn't know anything about the past.. I was going to tell everything to her.. she was finally ready to listen to me before you came".

Navya looks at him "I interrupted you both.. I'm sorry.. Karthik you know you are my only friend.. I can't face Charles and Olivia after that.. so just a couple of days.. I'll try to find a place soon.. I could have stayed at a hotel but it's just that..". Karthik smiles "It's okay Navya.. You are my friend first.. so you can stay till you find a place".

They both come inside smiling, Aadhira keeps looking at them, she didn't know what to think. A part of her was sure that Karthik won't go back to her, he himself had told her it's only her he wants to be with, but another part of her was worried, what if their love rekindles and he tells her to leave him. She didn't know what to think of this sudden storm that entered their lives when everything was just settling down.

They three were having their dinner, Aadhira was completely silent while Navya and Karthik were narrating their old memories to her. Though Navya kept smiling Aadhira could see a kind of sadness in her eyes when she looked at Karthik. Aadhira felt like there was more of a reason for Navya to leave Karthik than just for her career. After dinner, Navya looks at them smiling "Okay both of you.. I'll go sleep.. you two hubby and wifey do whatever you want..".

Once Navya goes inside her room Aadhira takes Karthik inside her room and locks it, he looks at her surprised "Aadhu what are you doing..". She turns towards him, her eyes welled up with tears which she had been controlling since the time she had seen Navya. He goes closer to her seeing tears in her eyes and cups her cheeks "Aadhu what happened", she removes his hand from her cheeks "Your Navya is back na.. you.. you will leave me na".

He looks at her and holds her cheeks again "Aadhu.. I told you right I have decided it's you only for me.. no matter who comes in my life I'm Aadhira's Karthik.. have always been princess.. maybe I got distracted for a while.. but now no one can change that..". She looks at him trying to blink her tears "But those conditions.. you.. you made me sign", he chuckles looking at her "Those.. oh those have been burnt to give you warmth.. long back..".

She looks at him shocked "You put them in the fireplace.. without telling me..", he smiles "When the decision has been made what's the need for that..". She looks down bending her eyes, he keeps smiling "Let me tell you one thing Aadhira.. you were my past, you are my present and you will be my future.. we were supposed to talk about everything.. but maybe the time isn't here yet.. when it does you will know what place you hold in my life..".

He leans down and leaves a lingering kiss on her forehead calming her down completely. She wraps her arms around him burying her face into his chest and listening to his heartbeat. He too smiles and wraps his arms around her, there was complete silence in the room yet there was so much being communicated between them. His warm and tight hug assures her that he isn't going to leave her at any point of time and no storm entering their lives would tear them apart.

After a few minutes he backs off from the hug "Okay you sleep Aadhu.. it's late.. I'll go..". He turns to leave from her room but she holds his hand stopping him "Can you sleep here tonight". He turns towards her "What happened Aadhu.. you still don't trust me..", she looks at him "No.. it's not that.. I.. I trust you.. I'm.. I'm scared I'll loose you.. please stay with me today". He holds her hand and takes her to her bed, she lies down and keeps holding his hand looking at him, he too lies down next to her and cover them both with the blanket.

She moves closer to him and cuddles into his chest, he too wraps his arms around her and they both drift into sleep. She loved the warmth his arms were giving her, she was ready to stay there for life. It was the most peaceful sleep that he had in the last 7+ years.

A week passed, Aadhira and Karthik's relationship stayed the same, if anything, they had grown closer due to Navya's presence. Navya had become a good friend of Aadhira, but there was a constant sadness which Aadhira could see in her eyes everytime she saw Karthik. Aadhira finally decides to confront her in Karthik's absence.