Chapter 45

Karthik drops Aadhira in WholeMagic Hotel on his way to the hospital. He also tell her that he would pick her up while on his way back. She goes inside with her appointment letter, the first week was a training week for her to know how everything is done and maintained in the hotel.

She was taken to the chief chef who asked her change into her chef coat and come back for the training. Her whole day goes by in getting to know about the safety standards and maintenance of everything. She was relieved by evening after which she calls Karthik for him to come get her.

Karthik reaches there in 30 minutes and they both drive back home. It was already half past 8, Aadhira thinks Karthik would leave to the hospital after dropping her but when he doesn't, she was happy. She goes to freshen up and change, after which she goes to make dinner. Karthik also goes to the kitchen after freshening up.

Aadhira looks at him surprised "What do you want.. you want to mess up the kitchen like yesterday or what!?", He looks at her and shakes his head "No". She looks towards him while cutting the vegetables "Then...", He looks elsewhere "I came to help you". The tomato in her hand gets squashed with the surprise she received because of his words.

She looks at him in surprise "I think I heard wrong..", he chuckles "I really came to help you Aadhira". She still looks at him with wide eyes "I don't want to mess up the kitchen.. I want everything to be intact". He laughs "Okay I'm not that bad.. you know I was living alone here before right..", she chuckles "Oh that's not what I heard from Maa.."

He looks at her with raised eyebrows "What did you hear", she chuckles "I heard your tea stories.. you know how you tried to make tea without adding milk.. said that it isn't black tea.. all about your wheat flour stunt of trying to make chapati and poori.. then about how you literally burnt the rice".

Karthik hits his head "Godd!! Amma doesn't know what to say and what not to say", she laughs looking at him and again starts her work. He looks at her "You won't let me help you.. then let's talk", with this shock she squeezes the lemon in her hand and extract squirts into Karthik's eyes "Ahhh". He shuts his eyes tightly as they burn with the lemon extract.

She puts the lemon down and takes him closer to the wash basin and helps him clean his eyes with water. She holds his hand and takes him to the living room, she a small piece of cloth and gives him warm press on his eyes "I'm sorry.. you were giving me shocks.. I didn't realise what I was holding.. it.. it just happened"

He holds her waist making her sit in place next to him, she herself jumps this time looking at him shocked as her eyes pop out of her sockets. He chuckles looking at her "What happened Aadhu.. your eyes look they are ready to fall off.. you know like they show in cartoons".

She moves a bit away from him removing his hand from her waist "Umm I.. I'll go make dinner.. yeah.. umm I will make dinner.. you.. you be here.. do.. don't.. ca.. come inside the kitchen". Aadhira runs into the kitchen, her heart keeps thumping hard in her chest still, the feeling of Karthik's hand on her waist was making her whole body tingle.

She shakes away her thoughts and focuses on cooking, she was making dinner when she hears the doorbell ring. She knew who it was, she smiles and continues to make the dinner. Karthik opens the door and let's Charles inside, he was surprised seeing Karthik "Ohooo someone is here early.. wow.. what a surprise..".

Karthik shakes his head and rolls his eyes at Charles "Shut up..", Charles wiggles his eyebrows at him "Ahem Ahem.. since yesterday I'm seeing some changes.. well not just since yesterday.. since Aadhu came here I'm seeing a lot of changes.. what is the matter Doc". Karthik shakes his head "Nothing like what you are thinking Charles.. come in".

Aadhira looks at Charles "Hello Charliee", Charles turns a bright shade of red, Karthik looks at a blushing Charles and turns towards Aadhira "What is this Charlie". Aadhira looks at Charles "Ahem Ahem.. will you do the honours Charlieee.. or do you want me to.."

Charles ruffles his hair and looks towards Karthik "This Aadhu has been teasing me someone who I told her I have a crush on", Karthik looks at Charles "And who is that girl". Charles turns into a beetroot, Aadhira chuckles looking at him "She is one of his models.. Amelia.. Charlie's Amie.. nice na.."

Karthik looks at Charles "Ohooo Charlie and Amie haan..", Aadhira turns towards Charles "Did you tell her.. what did she say.. did she say okay.. did she blush.. was she happy.. was she angry.. does she also like you.. did you impress her.. did you ask her on a date!?". Karthik laughs looking at her as she asks questions non stop without giving him a chance to reply.

Charles looks at her surprised "Do you know to breathe Aadhu.. and let others answer", Karthik turns to Charles "That she doesn't know since her childhood.. her questions and talks are never ending even when she didn't know to talk". Aadhira looks at Karthik shocked, Charles laughs hearing Karthik.

Karthik turns to look at Aadhira, she was still looking at him in shock, Karthik then realises what he blurted out and turns towards Charles "So tell us Charles.. did you tell your Amie about your crush". Charles starts narrating how he asked Amie on a date and she had agreed saying "I thought you would never come and ask".

Aadhira gets distracted from Karthik's words for sometime with Charles' story, but it keeps running in the back of her mind. Aadhira completes making dinner in the time Charles keeps narrating the story. Charles looks at Aadhira and Karthik "The real reason why I came here.. will you both come on a date with me and Amie.. you know like a double date".

Karthik and Aadhira look at each other surprised, Charles looks at them "Come on guys.. what are you thinking.. please na.. it's after 2 weeks only.. she has to go somewhere before that.. so please guys..". Aadhira looks at him "But why do you want us to come with you..", he smiles looking at them "You both are my best friends that's why.. and you both are a couple..

I don't know any other couples.. I'm a bit nervous.. what if I mess up.. after knowing she too feels something I want this to workout so badly.. Please guys.. I just have a feeling that if you both are there with me I won't mess up.. you both have a chemistry that just brings up a positive energy in me". Aadhira and Karthik look at eachother, both their eyes looking into each other.

Charles looks at them smiling as they keep looking at each other "Ahem Ahem..". They both look away from eachother, Charles looks at them "Sooo...", they both look at him and nod. He pulls them both close and hugs them "Thank you thank you thank you.. you both are the best.. I love you both..".

He then backs off from them "Okay bye you two.. have fun..", and leaves from there. Karthik and Aadhira look at each other, Aadhira was still processing the fact that they would be going on a date. Aadhira bends her eyes down from his as her cheeks start to turn pink, she takes the dinner to dining table while Karthik also takes the plate and goes there.

Instead of sitting opposite to Aadhira, he sits next to her today. She looks up at him, she was getting continuous surprises from him since yesterday that she was still wondering if all this is true or this is a dream which will break one day. Karthik looks at her "Aadhira are you okay with going on a date with me?"

She looks at him "Yeah.. you are my husband why won't I be.. are you?", he looks at her smiling and caresses her cheek with one hand "If you think you have to go on this date with me just because I'm your husband then that's not it.. say yes only if you want to go with me.. just for me.. for us.. not because I'm your husband". She looks at him blinking her eyes continuously "So will you go on this date with me Aadhira".

She looks at him as he keeps looking at her, his eyes reflecting an emotion that she couldn't understand completely, an emotion which made her insides churn and unleashed a zoo of butterflies in her stomach. His eyes were speaking a different language to her and looking at those eyes she wanted to do everything he wanted. So she just nods looking at him as a smile makes it way to her lips.