Chapter 42

Aadhira sees Karthik's car and walks fastly towards him, he was looking into his phone leaning against the car. He gets a call just then and turns to the other side talking on the phone. Aadhira crosses the road and goes towards him. Her eyes were welling up already, she didn't want to shed tears in front of Arun, she had already controlled them a lot.

Karthik nods looking at her and continued talking on the phone. She turns away from him and tries wiping her tears but they keep flowing out of her eyes, why are you crying Aadhu.. you did good only right.. but some made you look bad for that.. don't cry Aadhu they don't deserve these tears.. seeing him brought everything from the past in front of her eyes again..

She keeps wiping her tears trying to hide it from Karthik hoping that his call would continue long by which time her tears would have dried up but his call gets completed soon and he turns towards her. She looks elsewhere trying to hide her tears from Karthik again but he sees them flowing out of her eyes and walks closer to her.

He cups her face looking at her "What happened.. why are you crying", hearing him her tears flow like a dam that has been opened up. He was worried for her, he didn't know what to do and what happened to her. Her tears kept flowing non stop, he pulls her closer into his embrace "What is it Aadhu.."

She holds his shirt tightly in her hands as her eyes keep shedding tears till they dry out. He keeps looking at her worried patting her back "Shh Aadhu.. why are you crying princess.. it's okay.. calm down Aadhu..". He caresses her hair and keeps patting her back to calm her down "Aadhu did someone say anything..", she shakes her head indicating 'No'.

All her tears had dried up, she backs off and looks at him, he wipes away her tears that had stained her cheeks "What is it Aadhu.. please tell me.. you are scaring me princess..". She looks down "Nothing", he makes her look at him "No it's not nothing when you cry like that what is it.. tell me..". She keeps blinking looking at him "It's nothing Karthik let's go home".

She removes his hand from her face and turns towards the car to open the door, he holds her hand and stops her "No we are not going anywhere until you tell me the reason for your tears..". She looks at him, she could see he was worried for her, it was painted all over his face. She was surprised to see him worried for her, it was new for her, she was only used to him pushing her away.

He keeps looking at her, she looks elsewhere "Can we go home and talk.. if you don't have to the hospital". He nods "Sure.. but you can't go home and change the topic you need to tell me", she nods. They both get into the car and Karthik drives back home, the drive was completely silent, Aadhira had gone into silent mode making Karthik worried more.

She keeps looking outside the car's window as they zoom past the streets on the way back home. Once they reach home Aadhira was about to go back inside her room when Karthik stops her "Aadhira you told me that you won't change the topic.. you will tell me why you were crying.. you can't walk off like this"

She looks at him "Some things open up those memories of ours that we have buried deep inside our heart and brain.. some that we never want to open up.. some that we want to forget.. when such memories open up you get emotional.. it was such a thing.. let it be Karthik".

He looks at her still holding her hand "If you talk about it you will feel better Aadhira". She smiles a little "Some sufferings are personal which you bring upon yourself.. nothing can stop that pain..". He looks at her and caresses her cheek "Try once Aadhu.. tell me what is bothering you.. go freshen up.. I'm not going back to the hospital today.. we can talk".

She sighs and goes inside her room to freshen up while Karthik too goes to his room to freshen up. Seeing her crying so much had shook him up, he couldn't ignore it, he wanted to know the reason behind it. No matter how much he ignored her, he couldn't ignore her tears, her tears had ended up bringing back the old Karthik who loved his fairy princess whole heartedly.

He goes to the kitchen to make hot chocolate, she comes out of her room when he was in the process of making hot chocolate. She looks at him in the kitchen and remembers Narayani telling her never to let Karthik inside the kitchen else the house would be on fire. She goes inside the kitchen and looks at him "What are you doing".

He looks at her and smiles "Making hot chocolate for us". She looks at him surprised "You are making hot chocolate for.. for us.. as in you and me..", he rolls his eyes at her "Who else is here.. obviously na". She blinks her eyes multiple times and rubs her eyes to make sure what she is watching is true. She looks elsewhere, did the sun rise from the west.. or am I in an alternate dimension.. my husband is making hot chocolate for me..

Is it happening in real.. like seriously for real.. wow!!.. don't know how long it will last Aadhu.. savour this while it lasts. She looks towards to him, he pours the hot chocolate into their coffee mugs and hands over one of it to Aadhira and takes one in his hand. He takes her to the patio, they both sit down on the chair there.

Karthik looks at her "Sometimes you think some sufferings are personal and don't share it with anyone.. and it keeps suffocating you Aadhira.. when you share it with someone it makes you feel better..". Aadhira looks towards him "Betrayals are never easy to handle.. especially when it comes from the ones who are close to us".

Karthik nods taking a sip of his hot chocolate "I know", she looks towards the sky "It was one such thing.. I did something which was necessary to make someone realise their mistakes and understand their responsibility.. along with all my friends I put up an act.. it was supposed real only for the one for whom it was meant.. but then some of them made it seem real for everyone in my college..

But guess what it was done by my own friends.. I mean those who I considered my own friends ruined my reputation.. my respect and my character in front of the whole college.. At first I didn't know who did it.. but when I came to know it was them I was heart broken.. I didn't feel like going to college because everyone would look at me differently.. everyone kept spitting venom.. I felt terrible.. I couldn't handle it..

When I asked my so called friends why they did such a thing you know what they said", she looks at him chuckling bitterly as a few drops of tears roll down her eyes "we are tired of being noticed just because we are your friends.. we wanted to be noticed even without you.. for that you need to go down.. that's why".

She laughs bitterly "For popularity!! They character assassinated me for popularity.. after that I felt scared to have friends.. when someone would say I'm their friend I would start maintaining distance from them.. I was scared to that extent.. I decide I'm better off alone and lonely rather than in company of people who stab me behind my back.. atleast no one would do such a thing for me..

Today when I saw WholeMagic's CEO all these memories were brought back.. that's why the emotional breakdown..". Karthik looks at her and pulls his chair closer to her, he holds her hand "You are a strong woman Aadhu.. really strong.. no wonder you are a fire breathing dragon..". She smiles a little "I'm not a dragon..", he looks at her "Oh please I get the blasting so only I know".

She chuckles a little, he smiles "Keep smiling Aadhu.. your smile is your beauty.. these tears which roll out of your eyes.. those people don't deserve it.. and they don't deserve to have a person like you as their friend.. be happy you got rid of such people", she nods as he keeps caressing her cheeks while wiping the tears that had rolled out of her eyes.

He looks at her "Do you feel better now", she nods "Thank you". He smiles and leans in closer and leaves a soft kiss on her forehead, she feels a kind of peace in her heart which she had never felt before with anyone else. She closes her eyes feeling his kiss, she felt like she could overcome any problem with him next to her.

✨✨✨✨✨

It's a double update❤️

Hope you all enjoyed💖

We are a family of 400 now❤️

Thank you for all the love that you all keep showering💖

Yours lovingly
-Dharini