Chapter 37

Karthik and Aadhira were on their flight to Birmingham. It was almost time for landing, they both were asleep sitting on their seats. They both had slept facing each other without their notice.

Karthik was the first one to wake up, his eyes opened to see the view of his wife sleeping holding his hand which was on the arm rest. Her eyes were closed, a few strands of her hair were falling on her face. She was in deep sleep so it didn't bother her but it bothered Karthik as those strands kept blocking his view.

He smiles looking at her and brushes off those strands from her face and tucks them behind her ears. She too smiles in her sleep and snuggles closer holding his arm. He caresses her cheeks "My princess.. no no fire breathing dragon🐉.. how much you keep fighting with me.. you love fighting with me right..", his brain interrupts, and you love to push her away and run away from her

She mutters something in her sleep "Dumb irritating idiot doctor", he chuckles hearing her "Wow!! Nice opinion..". He keeps looking at her, her cheeks which was turning red with the increasing coldness, he leans in closer and leaves a soft kiss on her forehead. She stirs but again drifts into sleep as he puts his arm around her letting her snuggle close to him.

His heart starts running a race again having her close to him. She keeps snuggling into him until she is comfortable, her one arm was resting over his heart. Suddenly, the captain announced that they are about to land and asks everyone to fasten to seatbelt as soon as the seatbelt sign lights up.

Aadhira wakes up hearing the announcement, she opens her eyes slowly, she was shocked to see herself cuddled into Karthik's chest. She looks up to see if Karthik is awake or not, she sees him closing his eyes and sighs in relief. She could feel his heart racing again under her hand.

She looks up at him again, Does the heart keep beating so fast even when a person is asleep.. Mine doesn't.. why only his.. he is a cardiologist right he should know that there is something wrong.. idiot man.. doesn't he even take care of himself. She slowly removes his arm from around her and moves away from him.

Thank god he is asleep else for this also he will say I only did it.. and say something that will end up irritating me and angering me.. again rejecting me.. it's better he doesn't know.. atleast he won't speak unnecessary things.. and I won't get hurt..

In a few mins the seatbelt sign lights up, Aadhira locks up her seatbelt and turns towards Karthik, his seatbelt was still unlocked, she turns towards him and locks his seatbelt and was about to back off when Karthik opens his eyes and looks at her.

She looks away from him "Umm you were sleeping.. and the seatbelt sign was ON.. so I..", he looks at her "Thanks". He didn't want her to see him staring at her, so as soon as he felt her stirring he had closed his eyes and acted as if he is asleep so that she doesn't know that he had been admiring her without her knowledge.

Once they land they get their luggage and leave out of the airport. Karthik was searching for someone once they were outside the airport, he suddenly spots someone and walks towards that person with a big smile on his face. Aadhira looks at him, Oh so he knows how to smile.. it's just with you that he doesn't want to smile Aadhu.. you should have understood it by now..

She shakes away her thoughts and walks behind him, Karthik goes and hugs a man who looked like he was also in his early thirties just like Karthik. He was tall, had blonde hair and his eyes were a shade of grey. Aadhira kept standing there as Karthik kept hugging that man "Long time Charles", he too hugs Karthik back and pats his back "Yeah.. I wanted to make it your wedding but got caught up in a deal".

Karthik backs off from the hug "It's okay", Charles smiles and looks towards Aadhira who was standing behind Karthik "Introduce me to your wife Karthik.. I was waiting so long to meet her". Karthik turns towards Aadhira with a small smile "Aadhira this is Charles Walker.. my friend, neighborhood and a fashion designer.. and Charles this is Aadhira".