Chapter 26

He does one step and again steps on her toes, she was about to fall as she turned around for the next step. He holds her waist stopping her from falling and removes his foot from over hers. She tries to move away from him, the song changes to a soft romantic one suddenly.

He keeps holding her in his arms not letting her go even as she keeps struggling to get out of his hold. She keeps blinking her deer like eyes looking at him as he pulls her close holding her waist. He pulls her closer such that she had to stand on his feet, she looks at him startled as he was too close to her.

His breath keeps fanning on her lips and nose. Her eyes widen to the size of saucers as he starts swaying slightly to the soft romantic music. The song depicted his emotions towards her right now, he wanted to stay away from her yet without her he felt lost and restless.

Har Qisse Pe Har Panne Pe, Tujhko Padhta Hai
I see you everywhere.
Phirta Rehta Hai Pagal Sa Bas Ye Kehta Hai
My restless heart says
Ki Tujh Bin
Without you...

Ki Tujh Bin Nai Lagda, Jee Nai Lagda
Without you, I am lost.
Haye Nai Lagda, Jee Nai Lagda
My heart is adrift.
Haye Nahi Lagda Jee Mera Mahiya
I'm lost without you, my love.

Her heart keeps beating hard against her chest. She didn't know what had gotten into him. She was purposely avoiding being close to him, as his closeness brought out foreign emotions in her. She couldn't understand why she was affected so much with his proximity.

Her heart would set out on its own race and her breathing would go irregular at his slightest touch. She would feel her whole body tingling with his one touch. She didn't understand why she was feeling all this, and his intense eyes which spoke volumes which she couldn't decipher made her all the more nervous.

Aadhira was lost in her thoughts when she felt Karthik snuggling into neck as he held her close. She could feel goosebumps erupt on her skin as his breathe fans over her nape. She shivers in his arms, she tries to stop him "Ka.. Ka.. Kar.. Karthik". Her jasmine fragrance was driving him mad making him want to keep her close in his arms and snuggle into her.

Suddenly they both hear someone calling Shiva, Akshara's husband "Shiva.. Shiva..", bringing them both out of their trance. Karthik looks at her and realises what he was doing, he steps away from Aadhira at once "I.. I'm sorry.. it.. it was wrong.. I.. I shouldn't.. should not have.. sorry".

She was hurt by the way he steps away from her as if he touched something that is not to be touched, she felt rejected by his act but she doesn't show it on her face. She just nods and leaves from there to distract herself from his thoughts.

Karthik also follows behind her thinking, what the hell am I doing!!.. why do I forget everything when she is close to me.. it's always like only she exists in front of me when we are close.. God!! why are you making it so hard for me to be away from her.. just a few days ago I decided I will stay away.. and I was following it well but I guess you weren't happy that I was staying calmly that you keep bringing her close to me..

For what.. for me to get hurt in the end.. or to make me look bad in her eyes.. and others eyes.. isn't it already enough for all the embarassments that I have caused upon myself in the past.. you also want that for me now also or what.. why are you doing this. He was walking lost in his thoughts when he sees everyone going towards Shiva and Akshara's room.

He too moves towards the room only to see Shiva putting his hand on Akshara's baby bump and Unnati scolding someone in front of Akshara and waiting for her baby to kick. He turns towards Yash shocked when he understands that she wants to break Yash's teeth and punch him being jealous of his closeness with Kamini while Yash kept smiling knowing that his 'atom bomb', as he called her, was jealous and would definitely do something violent.

Just then Aadhira runs inside saying she also wants to feel the baby kick. Karthik shakes his head looking at Aadhira, he turns to Yash "This one is over enthusiastic.. and your one is unpredictable.. she was talking about you only right". Yash keeps smiling and accepts that it's only him she is talking about.

Soon Unnati ushers everyone out, Aadhira goes out of the room and into the kitchen while all the others go out back to the garden. Aadhira keeps looking here and there for something, as soon as she sees the chocolates she takes it and puts it in her mouth, idiot what does he think of himself haan.. what am I a doll to him.. when he wants he will come close to me and when he doesn't want push me away..

Uhhh.. why do I become silent when he is close.. such an idiot I am too.. I should just bang my head against the wall.. what happens to you stupid brain when he comes close.. not one.. not even one word comes out of my mouth.. hey Krishna ji why are you doing this to me..

And why the hell does it hurt when he pushes me away.. why the hell do I feel like something breaks inside me everytime he pushes me away.. it's not like I feel anything for him.. I don't right.. ofcourse I don't.. anyway he loves someone else.. it's not like he is ever going to feel anything for me..

He doesn't feel anything for you Aadhu better you also don't feel anything for him... He doesn't want you near him.. he keeps trying to prove it everytime by pushing me away.. come on Aadhu you don't need to stress over this man.. Let him do whatever he wants.. I will do what I want.. dare he stop me..

She kept stuffing the chocolate into her mouth to calm her brain, take a deep breath Aadhu.. to hell with that man.. I will think about managing him after marriage.. right now I want to focus on my Sangeet.. and I'm not dancing with that disaster of a man again..

Just as she keeps stuffing the chocolate into her mouth Karthik enters the kitchen to get water. As soon as she sees him she turns away from and walks outside the kitchen, she stops midway and turns towards him "You don't have to dance.. with me.. I can manage on my own".

He tries to stops her "Aadhira.. what..", she turns away from him "I don't need anyone.. I'm fine on my own.. I don't need you to hurt me.. I mean break my leg.. nor catch me.. I'm fine.. you do your work while I do mine..". She turns to leave but Karthik holds her hand stopping her.

He keeps waiting for her to turn towards him but she doesn't "Leave me Karthik.. what is your problem..". He turns her towards himself "What is your problem.. why are you talking as if I did something wrong.. I didn't do anything.. then what are trying to say haan".

She looks at him her eyes blazing with anger seeing him being cool as if he didn't do anything. She keeps shooting glares into his eyes "What you didn't do haan.. I already told you I'm not a doll which you can keep manipulating the way you want.. I'm also a human and I feel emotions..

But no.. I don't think you understand that.. you just want to keep me doing things the way you want haan.. I told you already decide one thing.. don't confuse me but you are hell bent on imposing your confusing behaviour on me.. haan.. one second you want to come close to me..

You pull me towards you.. do slow dance with me.. you don't even avert your gaze.. you don't ask my permissions before holding me like that.. and next second you push me away.. like you touched someone who you shouldn't.. like I'm repulsive.. what do you think it doesn't hurt me..

I too have a heart.. it hurts me too when you do that.. though I have no idea why I get hurt by your behaviour.. why do I even expect anything from you.. I just expect you to respect my emotions.. but you.. no leave it.. I have understood I should neither ask nor expect anything from you.. so from now on I don't expect anything..

I was fine before.. I will be fine hereafter also.. you are just a person being added to my life.. I will think about that after the marriage but right now let me be peaceful.. I don't want to increase my blood pressure thinking of you.. or your acts.. I have other things to worry about.. other things which make me happy.. other things which I need to do.. so can you leave my hand..

Else do you need some repulsive act of mine for that also.. tell me na what should I do that you get repulsed from me.. and Let Me Go!!.. go and do your work of avoiding me. Karthik let's go of her hand, she turns away from him and walks off leaving him thinking about her words.