Chapter 22

A couple of weeks later,

Karthik was at a hotel along with his classmates, they were celebrating one of their classmate's birthday. Karthik gets a call, he couldn't hear what the other person was saying with all the noise that his classmates were making. He goes out of the place to hear the person on the call properly.

He was trying to call the person again as his call had gotten disconnected. Just then he hears a 'gal gal' sound of anklets again, he tries to dismiss his thoughts thinking he is again imagining her. He shakes his head "Godd stupid me and my weird imaginations.. stop it.. she isn't here.. get a hold on yourself Karthi..".

He tries to distract himself by calling the person but the sound of the anklets increase as if they are nearing him. Also he could hear hushed whispers, he tries to concentrate on the person talking on the phone but his mind keeps trying to figure of the hushed voices.

"I told you right.. we should have come early.. now what is this professor going to make us to.. all because of you"

"Oh really.. who got busy in eating chocolate pudding.."

"Okay I have a really good reson for that.. because Mumma isn't letting me eat it at home.. I have to eat it here only.. and why are you always eyeing my chocolate pudding.. haan.. your stupid fatty cheese burger only got us late.."

Karthik chuckles hearing the conversation, food lovers.. but what is this professor.. why would a professor be at a hotel..

"Aadhiraaa.. nothing!!.. not a word!!.. against my baby cheese burger.. it's my love.. you know it"

Hearing the name 'Aadhira' he turns towards the whispering voices, Aadhira.. that means she is really here.. I'm not imagining.. Godd nowadays I don't understand if she here for real or I'm just hallucinating and imagining her.. I definitely need treatment..

He walks closer towards the voices and sees two girls standing outside a room, which seemed like a kitchen and peeping in through the small glass opening.

Aadhira turns towards her friend "Whatever.. now how to get inside.. I hope we both will be safe after this food safety management class.."

Her friend looks at her "What to do now.. if we skip this class.. he for sure will dump us with work tomorrow.. why couldn't it be Production management class.. uhhhh.."

Karthik keeps hearing their discussion, ohh so my Aadhu learns something related to hotel management.. woww!!..

Aadhira looks at her friend "Okay anyway we have to go in.. let us get this over with.. we came late.. so let's face the consequences.. let's go.."

Her friend nods and they open the door and try to enter inside. They both enter inside but as soon as they enter inside they both come outside.

They both were looking at each other smiling "Uff thank god.. he is in a good mood.. we escaped.. let's go.. wear the cap, gloves and apron and come back soon.. if his mood changes then we are dead.."

Karthik smiles as the two girls run off, they both come back wearing their apron, cap and gloves and go inside the kitchen. He sees her college name written on her apron, ohhoo finally I got to know her college name.. atleast.. one discovery atlast..

My princess is going to be a chef.. wow!!.. I love food and my princess is a chef.. seems like telepathy.. out of everything she chose culinary arts.. may be this a sign that we are probably made for eachother..

I'm loving this.. I'm so excited to eat whatever my Aadhu makes.. I want to try everything that she makes.. when will that happen.. whenever this happens I'm not even leaving one chance to eat the food made by her. He goes back inside to his friends and enjoys having lunch with them.

✨✨✨

After a few days, Karthik had gone to the Mall to buy something's for himself when he sees Aadhira in the same shop.

Seeing her there he forgets his work and starts following around her. She was walking around picking groceries and provisions. She was trying to pick up a pack of flour which was in the top shelf. Her height of 5'3 ft was not letting her reach it properly.

She was trying to lean up and reach it, it slips from her hand and was about fall on her head when Karthik pulls her closer and switches their places. The pack was a faulty one, so it was already open and the flour falls on Karthik.

Aadhira was looking at him shocked when he had pulled her closer. She was about to scream at him when the flours pours over his head. She starts laughing looking at the flour sliding down from his hair and face.

He let's go of her, she keeps laughing looking at him, she tried to control her laughter knowing because of her only he got drenched in flour but she was not able to control her laughter seeing him looking like a white ghost drenched in flour. He tries to wipe the flour off his face but it just keeps pouring off from his hair.

The shopkeepers rush to help him, they apologise to Karthik and Aadhira as no one was there to help them "I'm sorry.. please come with us sir.. we will help you clean up". Karthik looks at them "It's okay.. I'm fine..".

Aadhira goes behind them as she wanted to apologise to him. Karthik goes to wash his face but there was no water supply in the place. He comes out and the shop keeper goes to check and comes back saying sorry to him again.

Karthik looks at him "It's okay.. I'll manage.. don't apologise..". Aadhira gives him some water so that he can wipe his face "I.. I'm sorry.. you came to push me away but the flour pack fell on you.. I'm so sorry".

He goes mute as she tries to wipe his face with her kerchief, his heart thumps hard in his chest. She uses the bottle of water and keeps wiping his face and continues talking "I'm so stupid.. I should have called someone when I couldn't reach it.. but no.. the stupid me decided that I can get it myself and now you are drowning in flour..

All my fault.. I'm really sorry.. I'm Aadhira by the way.. you must be thinking does this girl have any mute button right.. I know I talk a lot.. I don't have a mute button.. Sorry.. and thank you so much for saving me..". He keeps looking at her without blinking as she keeps talking.

His eyes keep looking at her big button like golden brown eyes as she keeps blinking them while talking to him. Her eyes were concentrated on wiping the flour from his face.

Just then they both hear her name being "Aadhu what are you doing". She turns towards the voice and sees her mother "Amma.. I.. I was trying to pick up the flour packet from the top shelf and it fell on him.. I'm just helping him wipe it".

Her mom looks at Karthik's face which had flour spread all over "I'm so sorry Kanna.. this girl.. never listens to me.. sorry.. please don't mind her..". Aadhira looks at her mom "Maaaaa..", her mom holds her hand and takes her away "Sorry.. come Aadhira let's go".

Aadhira looks back at Karthik as her mom takes her along "I'm sorry.. and thank you.. nice meeting you.. take this wipe your face.. byee..". He takes her kerchief from her hand and keeps smiling looking at her.

She walks off with her mom while he keeps smiling like a maniac looking at the way she left. He goes out of the shop with flour still pouring off his hair yet smiling like he just got the best gift in the world. He puts the kerchief that she gave to him in his pocket carefully.

He goes to the restroom and washes his face and tries to dust off the flour from his hair but he couldn't get everything out of his hair. Godd!! Aadhu the things you make me do.. and all the things I do just to see you..

If anyone sees me like this.. smiling.. with my hair full of flour.. everyone will think I'm a psychopath.. but how do I tell them.. that seeing you even once makes me the happiest.. so much happy that I cannot stop myself from smiling..

I should have said something to her.. but how would I.. she was wiping my face.. my heart was not under my control at all.. she was so close to me.. how could I bring out my words.. Aadhu why are you making me yearn so much for you..