Chapter 16

Aadhira goes off to the dining hall leaving Karthik standing in the secluded corner. She puts on a smile seeing everyone having their dinner. She then remembers that probably he also didn't have his dinner, did he have his dinner or not.. Aunty told me he can't stay hungry for long.. shit!!.. I should go call him..

She goes back to the place where they were standing before but he was not there. She runs near the entrance, the security guard smiles looking at her "Akka your fiancé just left". She gives him a small smile and nods, what is his problem.. I state the truth and he goes off.. now he will act as if I did all the mistake.. Godd I should have thrown him in the dumpster instead of talking to him..

such an idiot you are Aadhu.. why spoil your mood for the man who doesn't care about you.. come on.. you love these people.. and they can't see you sulking.. you know that.. don't let this man affect you so much.. smile Aadhu.. you have very less time with them.. so enjoy with them now.. you can deal with that one hell of a confusing man later..

Thinking this she goes back inside, she starts having her food along with others. She smiles looking at them, one of the elderly man asks her "Aadhira where is Karthik". She looks elsewhere "Umm.. he got a call from his home and he had to go Uncle.. you all have your food". They all nod and continue having their food.

✨✨✨

Karthik was driving endlessly, her words kept bothering him, he didn't know what to do. He wanted her with him yet he didn't want to get hurt being with her remembering his past encounter with her. He was confused himself on what he wants, she is right I'm confusing her.. and myself.. I need to decide what I want before getting married to her.. and to think properly I need food..

He stops his car at a dhaba that he found on his way, he parks his car and goes inside. He orders Chole bature, Panneer paratha and Kheer for himself. He has his dinner well and drives back home, his parents look at him reaching home "Where did you go Karthi.. how could you leave in the middle of the dinner like that".

He looks at them "Maa.. I went with Aadhira.. I didn't go anywhere alone.. and I also had my dinner". He mom smiles when he says he went with Aadhira "Ohh so you both went on a secret dinner date haan.. hmm not bad son.. you are improving".

His father looked at him worried, he knew Karthik wouldn't definitely go on some date with Aadhira. He was more worried if Karthik would hurt Aadhira in someway knowing about his dislike towards her. He gave Karthik a worried 'what did you do' look, Karthik just blinked his eyes indicating everything is fine.

He goes back to his room after convincing his parents. He changes into tracks and t-shirt, he takes out the instant coffee powder from his cupboard and makes a cup of coffee for himself in his room. He walks towards his balcony holding the cup of coffee in his hand as his thoughts drift back to the day he had seen her again after he had shifted back to Chennai.

Flashback begins..

7.5 years ago...

Karthik wanted to do his specialisation in cardiology, he had gotten admission in Chennai Medical College, that was when he had shifted back to Chennai after being in Hyderabad for 11+ years and the next 5 years spent in Bangalore's Manipal University doing his M.B.B.S where he met his two best friends, Yash and Abhisekh.

They three again had joined together in the same college to do their specialisation. All of them stayed at Yash's home which was in Chennai instead of the college hostel. Though Karthik's home was also in Chennai there was no one at the house after his grandfather's demise so he had not gone back to that home.

However, even after staying away from Aadhira for 16+ years he had not forgotten about her. She was someone who was etched in his brain and heart, he could not let go of her memories no matter how much he tried. He always kept wondering how his Aadhira would be now that she would have grown up.

He wanted to see her desperately, his little fairy princess roamed so much in his thoughts that he never thought to even look at any other girls. Now that he was back in Chennai he wanted to see her, meet her, talk to her. He had visited their old house only to find out they had shifted, he was sad that he couldn't see her again.

He had not told his friends about Aadhira, he just kept saying that he was waiting for someone special when they had asked him why is not interested any girls in the college when so many are interested in him. He always kept a photo of him and Aadhira with him, the photo in which Aadhira hugged him after he had made her wear the flower crown he made for her. He would always look at that photo whenever he missed her.

One fine day, Karthik along with his friends Yash and Abhi were at beach relaxing after a long and tiring week at college. They were standing in the water as slow waves kept crashing on their feet. Abhi was looking at some of the girls playing around at some distance from them "Look na those girls there are so cute..".

Yash and Karthik shake their heads looking at him, Yash looks at him "Godd Abhi.. will you stop checking out every girl you see..". He rolls his eyes looking at them "Come on guys.. lighten up a bit atleast.. now I'm getting doubts if you both are straight or not.. wait you both are right.. though I have no problem in being friends if you aren't also".

They both smack his head "Godd Abhi what the hell.. just because me and Yash don't look at girls doesn't mean anything.. we both are perfectly straight.. just waiting for our special one that's all..". Abhi just shakes his head "Oh get lost you two.. we can wait for someone special.. but a little healthy flirting with other girls also won't hurt"

Just then a loud 'Gal Gal' sound of anklets pass by them. The sound makes Karthik turn towards its source, the sound of the anklets reminded him of his little Aadhu. He turned around to see a girl running towards the group of girls that Abhi was previously looking at.

He keeps looking at the girl, she ran to those girls and pushed one of them into the water. She started giggling like a baby after pushing the girl in the water, she kept laughing holding her stomach. Karthik's heart lurches in his chest hearing the baby like giggles which again reminds him of his little Aadhu.

He wonders whether his Aadhu would also be like this girl. She had long hair which kept flowing till her waist, chubby cheeks which anyone would want to just pull, her white salwar with a colourful badhni dupatta accentuating her hourglass figure, her big button eyes that were squinted as she kept laughing, her thick plumpy lips that kept smiling looking at her friend.

Just then the girl who was pushed into the water comes out wiping her face glaring at the girl that Karthik kept looking at "Aadhira Naidu.. I'll make sure you pay for this.. you better start running girl.. else you know what.. I'm making you bath in this water".

Hearing her name makes Karthik's whole body tingle, Aadhira Naidu.. is she my Aadhu.. is she my little fairy princess.. Goshh!!.. If she is I didn't know I would meet her like this.. if she is my Aadhu she has grown up so much.. she has turned into a beautiful woman❤️..

She runs back towards him giggling again, her giggles make his heart leap in his chest, she brushes past him running away from the girl that was following her. He gets a whiff of her jasmine fragrance as she brushes past him. Goshh!! She is definitely my Aadhu.. and She still loves jasmines.. this is the best day of my life.. I found my Aadhu..

Aadhira suddenly gets a call and she stops asking the girl also to stop, she picks her phone "Aha.. Okay Nanna.. yeah yeah.. okay I'm coming..". She turns to the other girl after hanging up the phone "Sorry girls.. have to leave.. Nanna is here..".

She runs off in the other direction, Karthik turns to Abhi and Yash "I'll be back". He runs off behind her, the sky starts to turn dark and cloudy as he keeps walking behind her. Suddenly it thunders and then starts drizzling, she spreads her arms and starts enjoying the rain as it starts getting heavier.

She twirls around her dress getting wet completely as she forgets about her dad waiting for her and keeps twirling around in the rain. Karthik keeps staring at her drenching in the rain, she was making his heart beat hard against his chest.