Chapter 39

The next day, Aadhira wakes up first, she goes out of her room to see Karthik's room door still closed. She goes out of the house into the porch in front of the house, she feels cold air hitting her. So she goes inside the house and covers herself with a shawl and goes out to the porch to see greenery filled lands.

She could see birds chirping on the trees she smiles looking at the scenery in front of her "This is so beautiful.. I'm loving this peaceful place already.. so close to the countryside.. atleast he has a good taste in selecting places..". She goes back inside and freshens up and makes coffee for herself and Karthik.

She takes her coffee cup and goes to the living room. Just then she gets a video call from her parents, she smiles and attends their call. Her mom and dad were sitting together "Aadhu.. how are you papa (child).. did we wake you up". She smiles "No Nanna.. you didn't wake me up.. I was already awake.. see I'm having my coffee..".

They both smile "Where is Karthik.. is he sleeping", she looks here and there "Umm I think so". Her mom and dad look at her confused "What do you mean by think so.. you both sleep on the same bed Aadhu.. you would have seen him sleep or awake when you woke up". She looks elsewhere "Umm he is sleeping Amma.. I didn't want to disturb so I went to porch and was just looking around..".

They both nod smiling, she talks with them sometime which mostly included about Karthik making her roll her eyes. She was about to go freshen up when Karthik comes out of his room in a sleepy state "Jenny my coffee". She chuckles looking at him cutely rubbing his eyes and his hair still in a disheveled state, he is cute at times.. when he doesn't open his mouth to say a word..

She goes and heats up the coffee and forwards the cup in front of him. He takes it from her "Thank you Jenny", saying this he looks up and sees Aadhira instead of Jenny "Aadhira.. you.. you woke up..". She smiles "Yeah.. I didn't feel like sleeping", he just nods "What time is it?", "It's 7". Just then the door bell rings, Aadhira goes to open the door, an elderly lady who is in her late 40's or early 50's was standing at the door, she had brunette hair which was starting to turn grey and her eyes were shining golden brown.

She was smiling looking at Aadhira "You must be Karthik's bride.. Ahhh so beautiful.. I'm Jenny". Aadhira smiles looking at her "Hello.. Please come in.. I'm Aadhira.. you can call me Aadhira.. Aadhu your wish..", Jenny smiles looking at her "Okay Aadhu.. has your sleepy head husband woken up". They both go inside and see Karthik sipping his coffee, he smiles looking at Jenny "Good morning Jenny.. How are you".

She smiles "I'm good Karthik.. and even better seeing your beautiful wife.. and I have a lot to talk to your wife.. so many complaints to make". He shakes his head smiling "Sure sure go ahead.. anyway I'll leave for the hospital after breakfast.. you can make all your complaints to her". Jenny smiles "Sure.. You freshen up children.. I'll make the breakfast..", Karthik looks at her "Charles invited us over for breakfast Jenny.. so you can skip breakfast..", she nods smiling.

Karthik and Aadhira go into their respective rooms to freshen up, Jenny looks at them confused when they go into different rooms, Why are these two going inside different rooms.. what is going on here.. I need to talk to them. Aadhira gets ready in a jeans and a simple pink kurta while Karthik comes out completely dressed in his formals, white shirt and black pant.

They both inform Jenny and go over to Charles house, his house was similar to Karthik's except that his house was completely filled with bright colours. Charles welcomes them both in "Hello.. come come.. hey Aadhira.. so how is my house", she smiles "It's beautiful but not as much as our house". Karthik was surprised hearing Aadhira, she turns to look at Karthik, both their eyes stay locked for couple of minutes till Charles clears his throat.