Chapter 11

Karthik keeps stuffing the fried idly in his mouth while Aadhira keeps looking at him waiting for him to say something. Aadhira rolls her eyes, will he stop eating and start talking.. or do I have to wait for him to complete eating.. he can atleast ask na if I want to eat.. or share it.. but he can only ask once na.. idiot.. he will definitely get stomach ache when he goes home.. idiot..

Karthik keeps eating, what an idiot you are Karthik.. how could you do that.. how could you get carried away like that.. you idiot.. now she will think I remember our childhood moments.. how could I get so close to her.. how could I forget about Navya.. idiot idiot..

I should bang my head somewhere.. I need to remember she isn't my little fairy princess.. this Aadhira is not her.. really Karthik.. you really think she isn't that Aadhira.. she still eats like that same baby.. she turns pink at your touch just like before.. and you still say she isn't the same Aadhira..

That's not everything.. she doesn't have the same qualities as my little fairy princess.. come on Karthik stop eating and talk about the conditions.. shit!! The food is almost is almost over.. I would have to talk to her if I complete this.. no.. let me call the waiter.. idiot stop your stress eating and talk to her..

She keeps glaring at him "Are you done or do you need more food.. if you are done can we talk". Karthik looks elsewhere "Umm yeah.. I'm done.. we.. we can talk". She rolls her eyes looking at him "Finally.. I thought you would never stop eating..".

He shakes his head and wipes his mouth, he takes out some papers from his blazer and hands it over to Aadhira. She looks at him confused "What is this", he just keeps looking at his plate "Those are the conditions I was talking about".

She looks at him shocked yet he continues "First.. when Navya comes back.. that is when she is ready to marry me.. you shouldn't turn away from your word that you had said previously.. that.. that you will la.. leave".

His heart pricks at the thought of her leaving him but still he composes himself and continues "Second.. even though we may not share the relationship of a husband and wife.. you cannot be in a relationship with anyone till we get separated legally..

Third.. you cannot take advantage of Dad's name or my name for any of your professional work.. especially when we go to Birmingham after the wedding.. also after the wedding when we go back to Birmingham we will just stay as housemates in different rooms...

I will not interfere in your life.. neither will you in mine.. if you agree with all these conditions.. then you can sign the papers and we can proceed ahead with the marriage.."

She keeps looking at him shocked "And you made legal papers to make those conditions.. what the.. am I joke to you.. are you even serious.. I'm marrying you to make mine and your parents happy..

also because your mom told me that maybe you will be back to your old self after this.. I was thrilled to know about my childhood bestie.. happy to know about you.. because I never had any besties neither in school nor.. nor in college.. none of them understood me.. they all just wanted something out of me.. which I probably realised very late", her eyes well up thinking about her college friends.

"It's just now that I have Akshara and Unnati as my besties.. no one else.. when I came to know I had one at such a young age I was excited to know about you.. about us.. I wanted to see you happy.. but that doesn't mean I'm not going to sign some stupid papers for that.. go to hell"

She gets up to leave but Karthik again tries to stops her "Aadhira stop..", she doesn't listen to him and continues to move forward towards the door. He holds her hand and pulls her back towards himself, she crashes into his chest.