Chapter 18

Karthik was not able to sleep at all that night. He was too busy in his thoughts of Aadhira, though he had found her he didn't know where they lived or where she studied. He wanted to find out everything about her.

The next morning, they three left for college after having their breakfast. Karthik and Yash were in the same class as both of them had chosen Cardiology as their specialisation while Abhi has chosen obstetrics as his specialisation.

The morning goes by with their theory and practical classes. Karthik's complete concentration was not in his classes, he was lost somewhere in the thoughts of his Aadhira. Yash notices him not being attentive and pulls him aside after class "What happened to you?", Karthik looks at Yash "Why.. what happened to me..".

Yash rolls his eyes looking at him "Where are you lost.. you know you were not paying complete attention in the class". Karthik realises that he was lost in the thoughts of Aadhira that he wasn't paying much attention to his classes and that Yash had also noticed it. He wanted to slap himself for being so obvious, such an idiot you are Karthik.. how can you get so lost in Aadhu's thoughts that you don't even pay attention to your classes..

The sooner you complete your studies the sooner you get to stay forever with Aadhu.. remember what dad promised.. that is if she isn't in love with someone else na.. what if she loves someone else.. what will I do if she has a boyfriend.. will I be able to see her with someone else.. it's going to be hard if she has someone else.. but I won't go in the way of her happiness.. I just want my Aadhu to be happy.. nothing else..

Karthik was again lost in thoughts when Yash snaps his fingers in front of Karthik's face bringing him out of his thoughts "What happened to you Karthik.. since yesterday you are like this.. no no.. since we came back from the beach.. what happened to you.. did something happen..". Karthik smiles "Nothing Yash.. well let's just say I met someone dear to me yesterday.. I'm happy that's all".

Yash smiles teasingly "Someone dear to you haan.. who is it..", Karthik turns pink "No one.. nothing like you think.. stop your thoughts right there.. don't go all interrogation mode on me..". Yash shakes his head smiling "Well I'm sure it's a girl but I will wait for you to come and tell me".

Karthik and Yash go to cafeteria where Abhi was waiting for them to have lunch. Abhi looks at them both "Where were you both roaming around without me... Have you both seen the time.. you both wasted my 10 mins.. Haan.. I'm hungry.. you know I need food to function". Karthik and Yash laugh looking at Abhi, Karthik pats Abhi's back "Good acting trying to be me.. I really am hungry.. so can we please go and get our lunch.. else I will go crazy".

Abhi and Yash laugh looking at him, they get their lunch and have it happily. Karthik was always the foodie one, his one go to solution for all his problems were food. He didn't mind whether he is sad or happy or angry or irritated, food is the only thing that can calm him down. Both his friends didn't understand his this obsession with food, also envied him for the fact that no matter how much he eats he never puts on weight.

They would keep complaining to him on this topic while working out daily morning but he would just laugh it off saying it's a talent. After lunch, they three go out of the college as it was their time to serve in the hospital as a junior doctor. While on his way to the hospital which was a few blocks away from the college Karthik gets a glance of Aadhira.

His smile immediately brightens seeing her, he turns to Abhi and Yash "I'll be back guys.. you two go ahead". Karthik runs back to the place where he sees her, he sees her with the same friends whom he saw in the beach. She was laughing and giggling talking to her friends.

Karthik walks closer to her, he stops her. Aadhira and her friends look at him confused. He keeps smiling looking at Aadhira, she looks at him confused "Excuse me.. why have you stopped our way..". He keeps looking at her "Girls do you mind if I borrow your friend for a moment.. I'm Karthik Reddy.. a junior doctor.. I'm not any creep.. so don't worry.. I will bring back your friend safe and sound".

They were surprised and Aadhira was confused "Excuse me.. I don't know you.. whoever you are Mister.. I'm not going anywhere with you..". He smiles looking at her "Just how I imagined you would be Aadhu.. but I promise I won't take more than a couple of minutes..". She looks at him shocked "How do you know my name..", he smiles "I know a lot more about you Aadhu.. we were childhood buddies.. probably you don't remember".

She looks at him up and down analysing whether to go with him or not. She finds him to genuine and doesn't look like someone who would creep her out but still she was hesitant on going alone with someone who she just met even if it is for just a few minutes. Karthik looks at her still thinking and smiles understandingly "It's okay Aadhu.. no problem if you don't want to go anywhere alone with me..".

He takes out a paper from his pocket and writes something on it, he forwards the paper to Aadhira "This is my number Aadhira.. you can ask your parents about me.. I'm sure they will remember.. once you get a clear idea on who I am you can contact me..". She keeps looking at him hesitant, he looks at her and keeps forwarding the paper "It's okay Aadhu take it.. text me or call me only when you have you confidence and trust.. take it".

He keeps forwarding the paper when someone shakes him and calls his name "Karthi.. Karthiiii.. Dr.Karthik Reddyyyy". He looks around and realises that he is already in hospital and he was hallucinating as if he saw Aadhira and that Yash was shaking him as they were standing outside their senior doctor's cabin.

Yash looks at Karthik "Why do you want me to have your phone Karthik.. you have a pocket.. put it on silent and put in that..". Karthik looks elsewhere trying to come up with a reason "Umm Yash.. my pockets are full yaar.. that's why I'm asking you to have it.. nothing else.. I.. I have put the phone on silent.. you.. you have it".

Yash looks at him suspiciously taking his phone from his hand "Something is wrong with you Karthik.. I'm sure.. you are not telling what is it but me and Abhi will find out for sure..". Karthik keeps looking elsewhere "It's nothing Yash.. you are thinking a lot.. I'm fine.. nothing is wrong with me".

Yash nods still looking suspicious, they both go inside their senior doctor's cabin to know their work for the day. Karthik was told to assist the doctor with OP while Yash was sent to check the patients. There were not many patients, so Karthik's work got over soon, he was sitting outside the senior doctor's cabin lost in his thoughts.

Godd!! what are you doing Karthik.. hallucinating!!.. are you even serious!!.. it's been a day since you saw her and you already started hallucinating.. gosh!! What will you do later on.. and seriously is that how you will talk to Aadhu when you meet her.. she will definitely get creeped out and think you are some creepy stalker..

Control yourself!!.. Yash and Abhi won't stop teasing if they come to know about Aadhu.. but when I don't know where she lives or what she does what will I tell them.. also when I myself am not sure if she will ever be mine what do I tell them.. I can just hope that I'm able to unite with my fairy princess.. hope is all that I have left..

I never thought I would have to think about all this.. that there could be a possibility that she won't be with me forever in the future.. why does she have to grow up so fast.. why couldn't I be with her when she grew up.. atleast then I could have tried to make sure its just me.. I really wish we could have been together..

All this time I was away I didn't miss her this much.. but now that I have seen her.. the wish to see her daily.. hug her.. feel her close is increasing.. godd I need to find out everything about my princess soon.. and also I should stop hallucinating!!.. but I'm helpless whenever it comes to her.. she is my biggest weakness and strength.. I'm waiting to meet you again Aadhu..