Chapter 46

Everything had been progressing well in Aadhira and Karthik's relationship. They were getting closer slowly, Aadhira liked the way their relationship was progressing. Her everyday would start with Karthik's coffee, he would drop her to the hotel and pick her up daily, if he had anything to be taken care of he would go to the hospital again after dropping her home. The time he is at home while she makes dinner, he would learn cooking from her.

There was not much happening between them yet there was so much happening. Their eyes would keep searching for each other at all times, every time their hands would brush or they would be close to eachother, her heart would start running a mile a minute. She knew she has started to feel something for him, she didn't know how intense that feeling was neither did she want to know. She was happy just the way it was.

His eyes would speak volumes to her, she would try to understand what his olive black eyes kept trying to express her but not being able to handle the intense emotions in them she would turn away from him. Today being the day of their date, she was nervous, her first date with him. Not just him, it was the first date of her life and that too with her husband, she was nervous and excited at the same time.

He had already asked her on a second date even before their first date happened, though the second date was more of attending a marriage of his colleague which was a week later, still he had asked her for it as a date and she had nodded a yes, giggling at him. She wanted to look her best today, she wanted to dress up for him.

She wore a cream coloured netted saree with a pink sleeveless blouse. She applies light make up and highlighted her eyes with kajal and mascara. She wears long jhumkas which keep touching her cheeks, she takes a pinch of vermillion and applies it on her hair partition. She smiles looking at herself in the mirror when she gets a call from Unnati.

 She smiles looking at herself in the mirror when she gets a call from Unnati

She attends the call "Hey Aadhu.. ready for your dateeee", Aadhira blushes "Shut up Unni.. you and Akshu na keep assuming things.. too much". Unnati chuckles switching the call to video, Aadhira also switches on her video and starts setting her pleats "Wow Aadhu.. Karthik is dead", she hears Akshara's voice and looks towards her phone "Hey Akshu.. where is our little champ".

Akshara and Unnati show her one week old sleeping Aarush, she smiles looking at him "He is so cuteeee.. I want to eat him up..". Akshara and Unnati laugh looking at Aadhira "You cannot eat up Aaru.. but I'm sure Karthik is going to try to eat you up.. when he sees you like this..". Aadhira turns a bright shade of red "Shut up both of you.. and bye.. take care of my Aaru..", Unnati and Akshara give her teasing looks before cutting the call.

She goes out of her room, Karthik was waiting for her dressed in black shirt and blue jeans doing something on his phone. She keeps looking at Karthik in awe, her eyes not even wavering from him for second. He turns towards her room to call her but as soon as he sees her his voice gets stuck in his throat. He couldn't speak anything, his throat goes dry and his heart starts running a marathon.