Chapter 40

It had been a week since they arrived at Birmingham. Aadhira had got a good friend in Charles, Olivia and Jenny adored her. She had become everyone's favourite in a week's time, she loved spending time with Olivia and Jenny. Also Charles would keep her company till Karthik would reach home which would mostly be around 10 or 11 p.m.

Aadhira had said that she would be fine staying alone till Karthik comes but Charles would insist on giving her company. They would talk about anything and everything, about his work, life and his crush. Such an evening it was again they both were sitting in the porch and talking, Aadhira was teasing him as he had informed her about a girl whom he had a crush on.

Aadhira keeps chuckling looking at him turning all shades of pink at the mention of the girl "Oh come on Charlieee.. she even gave you a nickname Charlieee.. should I start planning your wedding Charlieee.. Charlieee weds Amie.. sounds nice right..". His fair face had turned red due to all the blood rushing to his face due to Aadhira's teasing "Gosh!! I made a mistake telling you Aadhu..".

She chuckles looking at him "Come on she works with you.. tell her na.. she would eventually come to know with all the blushing and shying away from your part..". Charles keeps blushing and looks elsewhere trying to hide his red face "It's just a crush Aadhu.. and moreover she is one of my models Aadhu.. how can I.. what if she takes me wrong..".

Aadhira smiles "If she comes to know from you she would understand.. may or may not take you in the wrong way but if she comes to know from someone else.. she definitely will take it a wrong way.. go tell her.. even if it's a crush tell her.. but it seems like something more than a crush to me". Charles nods smiling, it was already half past 10, Aadhira looks at Charles "Karthik will be here soon Charles.. you go home.. Olivia would be waiting for you..".

Charles nods "This man.. I need to have a serious talk with him about his work timings.. Okay Aadhu.. Byee.. Good night..". She goes back inside the house, she was waiting for Karthik to arrive and checking her mails. She had sent mails to a few catering organisations to get investors to setup Glee Paradise in Birmingham.

Today, she had gotten a reply mail from 'WholeMagic' catering services. They had asked her to meet them tomorrow at their office. They were famous all over UK, she was really happy seeing the mail. Just then Karthik enters inside, she runs to hug him on seeing him being really excited with the mail she got.

Karthik was startled with her sudden hug "I'm sooo happy Karthik.. they have asked me to meet them.. I got a reply from them Karthik..". She was still hugging him, her hands were around his torso and her head resting on his chest. He was still in shock, his hands were on his either side. She soon realises what she is doing and backs off from him and looks elsewhere "Sorry I was excited".

Karthik looks elsewhere trying to calm his heart which was beating fast due to her sudden hug. Aadhira goes into the kitchen turning away from him, Godd Aadhu what were you doing.. are you crazy!!.. no.. you can hug him all you want Aadhu.. he is your husband afterall.. you don't have to feel shy.. Shut up!! I'm such an idiot..

Karthik had gone to freshen up, Godd what was she thinking.. she came to hug me like that.. was she planning for me to get a myocardial infarction.. I stay at hospital late into the nights only to avoid her.. but she keeps waiting for me here no matter how late I get.. what do I do about this.. and what was she so excited about.. who asked her to meet them.. for what..

Aadhira was making wheat flour dosa for him and had made tomato chutney as a side dish. She makes the dosa and serves it to him, as he comes back after freshening up and changing into his night pants. She smiles looking at him, he looks at her "Aadhira I keep telling you right don't wait for me.. I'm used to coming home late at nights alone", she just shrugs "It's okay.. I'm used to staying up late into the nights.. so not a problem.. and moreover Charles keeps me company".