Chapter 56

After a week and a half,

Karthik had gotten ready to go to the hospital but Aadhira was still in her pajamas. Karthik looks at her surprised "Aadhu you are not going to the hotel..", she just shrugs "No.. I took a leave today". Karthik moves close to her and touches her forehead "Why.. are you not feeling well.. are you feeling sick", she shakes her head "No Karthik.. I'm fine.. just didn't feel like going today.. thats why I took an off".

He looks at her still not understanding why she took an off "Are you sure you are fine?", She smiles and nods "Yes Karthik.. I'm fine.. you go to the hospital.. I'll be fine". He nods, he sits down to have his breakfast, Aadhira serves the breakfast to him "When will you come back", he looks at her "I don't have any late night appointments.. I'll be back as usual..".

She nods and sits down to have breakfast along with him, she keeps thinking something while Karthik keeps looking at her. He sees her lost in her thoughts and wonders what she is thinking, he wanted to make sure everything is fine "Aadhu is everything okay.. are you sure you are okay.. you are into a zone today"

She shakes her head "It's nothing Karthik.. I'm fine.. you go to the hospital..". He was still not convinced but then nods saying it's best to leave her to her thoughts, if anything he will come back and talk to her properly. After breakfast, he again asks her if she is okay, she gives him one stern look after which he shuts up and leaves for hospital.

Aadhira smiles in relief closing the door as soon as he leaves "Finally.. hey Krishna ji!! how many questions does he ask.. how am I supposed to lie so much to him.. idiot.. and if I don't stay who will prepare his surprise.. such an Idiot". Jenny chuckles looking at Aadhira, she glares at Jenny "Don't laugh Jenny.. how am I supposed to answer so many of his questions".

Jenny smiles "Okay Okay.. now he has left.. prepare whatever you want to.. you have the whole house to yourself till evening..". Aadhira smiles "I'll first prepare the pastries.. he loves strawberry pastries and I love chocolate pastries.. so I'm going to make both..". She starts preparing the pastries and puts them inside the fridge once done.

She goes to decorate the house after that, Olivia and Jenny help her in decorating the whole house. They add a memory lane of their childhood pictures which she had got from their families, in the living room and the ones with their recent pictures in Karthik's room which would now be their room.

Karthik's favourite flowers other than Jasmine were lilies, she had asked Charles to bring them. Olivia had brought them over, she puts all the lilies in various flower vases kept in the living room. She also sticks his memory notes which he had given to her when she was angry with him all over their room.

She puts up fairy lights around the memory lane put up in the room. Time passes quickly and it becomes noon by the time they complete all these decorations. Olivia and Jenny smile looking at Aadhira's excitement "Okay excited girl.. we will leave now.. all the best for your date..". She blushes "Thank you", and they leave from there.

Aadhira has her lunch and sits down for sometime to rest, her mind goes back to thinking everything that happened in her life in the past few months. It had been a complete roller coaster ride, she takes Pingu in her hands "What these past few months have been.. such a roller coaster.. and with him.. him being a pregnant and a mood swinging idiot in the beginning..

To now being the sweetest husband anyone can get.. such a drastic change.. at times I wonder if he is same person.. so much switches in between making me crazy with his constantly switching personality.. one caring and other hating.. I was literally fed up and then everything changed.. he became his sweet.. cute self Pingu..