Chapter 25

Back to present...

Karthik's eyes again well up with tears thinking of the past. All the hurt and pain of the past comes back to him. It had taken him years to completely avoid her thoughts and remove her thoughts from his mind and heart.

He never wanted to go back to her ever after that but now not only was he getting married to her, his buried away feelings and emotions which he felt for her in the past were resurfacing. He didn't like how he was going back to square one where he had started in the past, he didn't want to get hurt by her again.

Navya was someone who helped him forget about Aadhira, being with Navya helped him to push away the thoughts of Aadhira. That's why he thought he had fallen in love with her and wanted to marry her but he didn't know seeing Aadhira again would resurface his feelings and make him realise that what he felt for Navya wasn't anywhere near what he felt for Aadhira.

He didn't want to confuse himself or her anymore, he wipes his tears, no more confusion.. I will from now on stay away from her.. Away.. miles away from her.. no more going back to the same old feelings.. same old emotions.. and same old heartbreak.. and same old Aadhira..

It was already morning as he had spent his night in his memory lane of the past. He couldn't bring himself to sleep anymore, his sleep was completely lost remembering the past. He takes out his laptop and starts checking his online appointments with his patients.

After a few hours he hears a knock on his room's door, he mutters a 'come in' hearing which his dad enters his room. He looks up at his dad "Dad come.. sit down", he sits down next to Karthik on his bed "Karthik can I ask you something". He turns towards his dad "Ofcourse dad.. why do you even have to ask that".

His father smiles a little "What happened last night.. did you say anything to Aadhira or did you do anything". Karthik just gives him a small smile "I was going in the wrong track dad.. but now I know what I want and what I have to do.. be rest assured nothing will happen".

His father was not convinced "Karthik I want to tell you just one thing.. before I sent your proposal to her I made to get to know everything about her.. No one.. absolutely no one!! Said anything wrong about her.. not even one word Karthik.. everytime you saw her you saw the real her as far as I know.. that one time cannot define her character or that she is not what you thought her to be..

I wouldn't tell you to jump into this relationship all of a sudden.. and go back to her.. just remember one thing.. you loved a girl with your heart and soul in the past and that girl is now standing infront you.. but you are ignoring her and rejecting her.. I hope you won't regret this in the future Karthik.."

Saying that his father leaves from there but Karthik decides that he will not think about anyone or what anyone says he will just follow whatever he has decided already from now on. Karthik freshens up and goes to have breakfast with his parents. After breakfast he was about to leave to the hospital with which he was trying to collaborate and setup Reddy's in Chennai also.

Just then he gets a call from Aadhira's number, he didn't want to pick it up so he let's it ring and get disconnected. He tries to ignore it and continues his work but she keeps calling him again and again. After almost ignoring her calls four times he picks it up "Don't you understand Aadhira.. if I don't pick it up it means I'm busy.. and why are you even calling me".

She doesn't speak anything for a few minutes, he gets irritated and asks her "why are you not speaking anything now.. someone stitched your lips or what". She rolls her eyes "Oh so you are done.. I was waiting for you to complete speaking.. why don't you ever listen haan.. anyway nevermind.. I called you because I want us to go out".

He was shocked "Whatt.. are you mad.. I told you right I'm not interested in you..", she again rolls her eyes "Do you ever listen to me fully.. don't jump to conclusions.. I want us to go out for Yash and Unnati.. I think you would know the relationship between them.. so we need plan something so it feels like we are going out and they all are accompanying us because we feel awkward going out alone.. so what I'm trying to say is all of us are going as in all your friends and all of mine..".

He thinks for sometime, I can do this for Yash.. Moreover he was really sad seeing Unnati again and not being able to even be near her.. yes they had a misunderstanding but they both deserve a chance.. if this is for Yash I can do it. He smiles "Okay sure.. I can do this for Yash..".

The next couple of days Karthik, Aadhira, Abhi, Akshara and Shiva were trying to bring Yash and Unnati closer. In that process, Aadhira had asked for a Sangeet to Karthik reasoning that it she always wanted to have a Sangeet for her wedding and this would also be an opportunity to bring Yash and Unnati closer.

Karthik also agrees thinking this would definitely bring their friends closer and he goes to talk to her parents to make them agree for the Sangeet. He was sitting in her home sipping coffee "Uncle Aunty.. Aadhira wants to have a Sangeet ceremony.. so do I.. what do you think about it". Aadhira's dad gives a bright smile "Sure Karthik.. no problem.. Ofcourse we can have it..".

Aadhira fumes hearing it, she had asked them both 'n' number of times but they both had given a deaf ear to her pleas. After talking for sometime he was about to leave when Aadhira's mom asks her to go leave Karthik till his car. She rolls her eyes, what is he a kid.. who cannot even walk till his car without falling..

He was about to climb inside his car when she speaks up and he stops himself "What is so special about you.. I mean about a son-in-law.. I was asking them for the Sangeet for so many times.. they didn't even try to listen to me.. they directly answered with a big 'NO' all the time.. but now you come and say one sentence and they are like Okay sure no problem.. am I seriously a joke to them..".

Karthik chuckles lightly hearing her but soon composes himself remembering his decision "You need to talk sensible for everyone to take you seriously.. not keep blabbering something all the time". She glares at him "Shut up okay.. I'm not saying anything just because you got Amma and Nanna to say Yes.. else..".

Karthik rolls his eyes "Anyway I don't care.. I did only for Yash and Unnati..". She rolls eyes looking at him "Yeah you are maha dharala prabhu (very generous person).. and I'm the most selfish person.. okay.. fine.. I don't know why I even talk to you..". Karthik leaves from there while Aadhira goes inside her house and calls Akshara and Unnati and tells them that her parents agreed to the Sangeet and also convinces Unnati to be the choreographer.

Aadhira and Akshara had a plan B in place to bring Unnati and Yash closer when Unnati refused their plan A of being Yash's partner, they both call up their cousin Kamini who was an engineering student. They explained her about the whole situation of Yash and Unnati, and she agreed to them.

The next day, everyone had gathered at Akshara and Shiva's home for practice. Unnati was paired up with Karthik's other friend Abhi while Yash was paired up with Kamini. Kamini was acting as if she was sticking to Yash to make Unnati jealous and it was working. Unnati kept glaring at Yash and Kamini the whole time seeing which everyone were smiling.

Karthik and Aadhira were practicing separately, Aadhira was trying to teach Karthik to dance but he kept stepping on her foot with each step. She looks at him shocked trying not to yelp in pain "You know what.. please don't dance.. I will never ask you to.. please sit down.. I don't want to break my leg before the wedding".

He saw that she was very excited for the Sangeet, so he was trying to co-operate with her but his dancing skills were null except the dance he did at their engagement due to his jealousy he couldn't even try another step without stepping on her toes. He wanted to try one last time so he stands up "I'm sorry.. I'll try one last time.. if this time it doesn't come out well then I won't dance".