Chapter 21

It had been a week since Karthik and Aadhira had met at the club. Aadhira wanted to see the man she had met at the club again. She was sitting on her bed with her soft toy penguin, Pingu in one hand and a bowl of chocolate pudding in her other hand "How do I find out who is this man Pingu.. where do I go.. I didn't even see his face.. who says like that when you are seeing a person for the first time..

What if it's not the first time he is seeing me.. will he be a stalker.. hmm a possibility.. but then I would have seen him somewhere or the other right if he is stalker.. but I have not seen him anywhere.. damn my self defense instincts.. I did not see him.. uhhhh.. what do I do Pingu.. he must be sitting somewhere relaxed while here I am stressing over him since a week..

Such an irritating man.. who told him to come in between my venting.. uhhh.. how can I mean the world to someone who I have not even met once.. was he trying to flirt with me.. saying such things.. but who flirts with such intense words..

And why am I stressing so much over his words.. if I ever find him I'll make sure to bang his head against the wall and try to put some sense into him saying he can't say these words to a stranger.. but it didn't seem like he was talking to a stranger.. he seemed very sure that he knew you..

The sincerity in his voice and the purity in his eyes when the words slipped out of his mouth.. I can't get it out of my head.. Pingu give me a solution na.. I'm tired stressing over this man.. I'm definitely going to become like a balloon by stress eating over this man"

She puts the last spoon of the chocolate pudding in her mouth and goes out of her room to wash the bowl. Her mom sees the light shining in the kitchen and goes inside to see Aadhira washing a bowl. She looks at Aadhira surprised "Aadhu what are you doing in the kitchen at midnight".

Aadhira gets startled seeing her Mom "Maaa..", she tries to hide the box of chocolate pudding behind her back but her mother sees it and glares at her "What is this Aadhira.. the whole week you have been eating this chocolate pudding continuously.. you finished 5 boxes of it in a week.. what the hell.. no more chocolate for a month.."

Aadhira pouts looking at her mom "Amma.. please..", her mother looks at her with a serious look "It's a no.. that face is not going to work.. and don't even try asking your dad.. I will cut down all your snacks for a month.. just because you make them doesn't mean you keep eating them".

Aadhira shuts her mouth before her mother cuts off all her snacks and goes back to her room "Idiot man.. because of him my chocolate pudding is cut down.. and my snacks are under threat.. uhhh I hate this man.. let him go to hell.. I don't want to see you idiot man.. if I see him I will make sure to feed him green chillies.. that too raw ones.. let his mouth that uttered those words burn".

✨✨✨✨

Karthik was sitting in the balcony of Yash's room while Yash and Abhi were sitting on the bed and talking. He was looking at the moon, Why is this yearning of being close to my Aadhu getting intense with passing time.. I don't know how long I'll be able to be without her.. is this how being in love with someone feels..

Yash and Abhi go and stand on either side of him, Abhi winks at Yash "Hmm you are thinking about that girl in the club right". Karthik nods, Yash chuckles "She was beautiful right", Karthik keeps looking at the moon "Yeah.. heavenly.. beautiful.. she always keeps giving a tough competition to this moon..".

Abhi continues "You want to be with that girl na", Karthik still keeps looking at the moon "I'm dying to.. yearning to see her daily". Just then his phone rings bringing him out of his trance, he realises what he had blurted out and runs off to his room to attend the call.

He sees that it's his dad calling him and attends the call

"Hi dad"

"Someone sounds really happy"

"Ofcourse dad.. I'm happy.. very happy"

"What made my son so happy.. when just a week before you were so gloomy and dull"

"You should ask who dad"

"Ohhooo it's someone.. is this someone a girl.."

Karthik blushes "She is my little fairy princess.. my Aadhu.. I saw her dad.. I saw Gautam uncle too"

"You saw our little Aadhira.. really"

"Yes dad.. well our little Aadhira isn't little anymore.. she has grown into a beautiful woman.. I saw her once a month ago.. but after that I couldn't see her or find her.. now a week ago I saw her again at a club.. dad you know she is just as I imagined her to be.. I mean she is smart.. intelligent.. beautiful.. compassionate.. understanding.. cares for everyone around her.. doesn't mind speaking her mind out.."

"Woah woah.. Karthi.. someone is noticing Aadhira a lot in just two meets.. this is a lot for anyone to notice in just two meetings"

He smiles "You know na dad I always notice Aadhira a lot.. you know what she means to me.. my little fairy princess means so much more to me.. remember your promise.. after we both are older you said you will talk to her and her family.. and get us married"

He could hear his dad laughing "Hey Rama!!.. Karthi that was a promise that I thought you forgot about.. I made that promise because you were being a stubborn kid not ready to move away from her.. you still remember it"

Karthik smiles "Ofcourse it's related to my Aadhu.. how do you expect me to forget it.. Thatha (Grandfather) also promised me.. I remember everything related to Aadhu.. My Aadhu is everything for me dad you know that.. you know how long I have been waiting to meet her..

She is the only one I yearn to be with.. never have I ever felt to this for someone else.. I even tried to forget her in the past dad thinking it's just an attachment I have for her.. but I just couldn't.. no matter when I thought about her the need to see her.. know her increased.. yet I kept controlling myself dad..

but I couldn't control myself after I came to Chennai.. I went to our old home.. but they had shifted to a different place.. I couldn't meet her.. I had kind of lost hope.. but then that day at the beach I saw her.. I was not sure if she was my Aadhu.. I then saw Gautam uncle with her.. I was happy.. no happiest..

Now I got my assurance that if I'm destined to meet her.. we would keep meeting.. our destiny will definitely tie us together if we are meant to be.. even if not now atleast in the future.. I don't mind waiting.. if it's for my fairy princess dad.."

His dad was shocked and he didn't know how to react to Karthik's words "Karthik I didn't know you feel so deeply for her.. but she.. she probably doesn't even remember you.. what if she has someone else in her life.. I can't make a promise of her life Karthi.. What if she says no to you.. will you be able to take it Karthik.."

Karthik smiles "If she really has someone else in her life I wouldn't interfere dad.. although it would be hard to stay away from her.. but I can try.. I won't go in the way of her happiness.. she really means the world to me.. I have always imagined her to be a beautiful, bright and amazing girl..

But what I have seen is much more.. even if it's just 2 times I have seen her.. she is much more.. I love her dad.. but my love her won't be a hurdle in her way of happiness.. I promise you that.. also I'm trying to find her whereabouts.. I'm sure I will.. I have waited for 16+ years.. I can wait for more.."

His dad was surprised with Karthik's words "Karthik I.. I didn't know you would still feel so deeply about Aadhira.. that you are in love with her.. I thought it was just a childhood obsession which you would get over with passing time but.. you.. I.. I don't know what to say.."

Karthik smiles "You don't have to say anything dad.. just promise me one thing.. if I'm not able to find her whereabouts now.. in future when it's time for her to get married you will send my proposal to her.. I will accept with my whole heart whatever is her decision.."

"Okay.. that's a promise that I can make.. I love you son.. I want you to be happy.. if it's with Aadhira then I'll try my best to get you both together.. but final decision will be hers.. none of us will force her"

"I will never force her dad.. not now.. not in future.."