I've Got What I Wanted. Part 40

Hey! :) Long time eh? Thankfully my exams have finished :) I'm really happy with how they went, with the exception of about one and a half. But what can you do :) This story if pretty much done. Just a few more chapters, so hopefully it'll be done soon. Though, I will miss writing with Riley and Caleb :) But I like my new story :D 
Anyways, I hope you all enjoy. And if you had exams I hope they went well for you :)
Please Vote, Comment and Become a Fan.
Like me on Facebook and Follow me on Twitter :)
Later guys! :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER FORTY

"Can you look after Michael for a few hours?" I asked my mum walking around trying to get ready.

"Of course I will. Are you two going out?" She happily agreed.

"Yeah we have something to do." I tried to be as vague as possible, without her asking questions. "We'll be over in around half an hour."

"Okay, see you soon."

I hung up and threw my phone on the bed. "Did she say she'd look after him?" Caleb said coming out of the bathroom. I looked up at him and nodded. "Good," he walked over to me fixing his tie.

Adam's trial is today and I'm so nervous. I still haven't told anyone that it was him. For two months I've tried to forget about it. And Michael and Caleb really helped me do that. Just seeing Michael change slightly every week made time go by quickly. It seems like only yesterday when we saw him roll onto his stomach. When in reality, it was three weeks ago. Now he's laughing every time he's playing with a toy, or when he sees Caleb or me.

And Caleb was there through it all as well. He would try and be home as much as possible, making sure he doesn't miss anything. And I love that he tried to do that. But I didn't want him to start neglecting his job. He's worked so hard to be where he is; head of the History department, deputy senior teacher and coaching the head rugby team. I don't want him to lose any of that because he's skipping things. But all we have to do is sort this stuff out with Adam, and everything will be perfect.

"I was thinking," Caleb cut through my thoughts. "Since your mum has Michael, we could go out to dinner after."

I looked up at him and smiled. "Yeah, that sounds nice. It's been ages since we've been out." I stood up and walked over to him.

"How're you feeling?" He smiled slightly, stroking my jaw with his fingers.

"I don't know really. I don't know what to think. I just know that I want this over with. I have this feeling that something bad is going to happen." I was really happy when he wrapped his arms around my neck, and pulled me into his chest for a hug.

"It'll be fine Babe." He reassured as I slipped my arms around his waist. "If we just get through this then we can forget about it. But if you don't want to go we don't have to."

"No I want to go to see the end of this." I rested my cheek against his chest, closing my eyes.

"Well I just hope that bastard gets what's coming to him. Whatever he gets, it won't be anywhere near what I would've done to him." He sounded so angry and serious. Is it weird I thought that made him a little bit hotter?

"Just think; you're pissing him off by just being with me." I pulled back slightly and smiled at him.

“That makes me feel slightly better.” He chuckled, rubbing my back. “But, I do have a weird feeling in my stomach as well.” He kissed my forehead before sitting on the bed.

“That something bad is going to happen.” I sat down on the stool in front of him. I thought I was crazy for having this feeling. But if he is too, I feel a little less crazy.