I've Got What I Wanted. Part 29

Hey :) Sorry its been a week. Its been a really hard chapter to write to be honest. Plus I feel sick and stuff. But it's here now :) Its not the best chapter really, but its something. I've not got much to say really. Just I'm on holiday from the 2nd, so I'll try and get two or three momre chapter up. And then hopefully have this finished by the end of August. There will probably be about forty or fifty chapters. I'm just seeing how it goes. Anyways, I hope you enjoy it :)
Please Vote Comment and Become a Fan. And Like my Facebook Fanpage 'Phoenix-54' I'd really appreciate it :D Enjoy!
Btw, I've only quickly proof read it, so there might be some mistakes. but I'll fix them tomorrow :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

He looked up at me with a nervous look. He lied to me. He cheated on me. Five years I’ve known him, been together for nearly three, and not once would I have thought he would cheat on me. But out of all the times it could have some out, it came out now. Why didn’t he tell me himself? He must’ve known I would’ve found out. He could’ve cheated last year for all know.

“Riley,” he said with a sigh. I shook my head looking away from him. “Come on, he’s shit mixing.”

I can’t believe he’s still trying to lie. Does he really think I can’t see straight past him? “Ri,” he tried to get me to talk to him.

“Don’t,” I sighed putting my head in my hands. This seriously can’t be happening. “I can see it written on your face.” I lifted my head and looked at him. He looked down at the table, picking at his nails.

“Its not what it looks like.” He said defeated. I sighed leaning on the table.

“And how does it look?”

He sighed running his hands through his hair. “I swear I didn’t sleep with anyone else. I swear on my life that, that’s not true.” It sounded like he was close to begging. To be honest, right now, I don’t know what to do. I don’t know whether I want to know what he did, or to just leave and never know. I guess what Cahill said earlier isn’t really helping me now.

“But you still did something Caleb. And you made it worse by not telling me. I had to find out from someone else. The last person I want to find it out from.”

“I didn’t want to tell you because I didn’t want to lose you. I knew if I told you that you would leave me.” He let out a breath looking up at me. “I promise that I didn’t want to hurt you. That’s the last thing that I ever want to do. You mean everything to me Riley. If I didn’t have you, I really don’t know what I’d do.”

I could tell by his face that he meant it. But it doesn’t mean everything is forgiven or forgotten. It’s taking all of my will power not to cry to be honest. “Do you not think learning it from someone else would be worse? At least if you told me straight out, then there wouldn’t be any lying. But you lied to me too. That just makes it worse.” I rested my forehead against my hand, looking down at the table. “Tell me what happened?” I finally asked him. If I am going to forgive him, I want to know what actually happened. I might forgive him if I know what happened. He said he never slept with someone else, which actually makes be feel slightly better. I know that sounds weird, but it’s true.

"I don't know what you want to know. Someone kissed me and I swear it was just the once. But I pushed her away and told her that I'm with you." He has obviously left out some information. But I don't know if I want to know who it was. If he even know who it was.

"When did that happen?" Honestly, if it happened last year, I will probably be angrier at the fact he's lied to me for that long. The lying will probably hurt the most. We lied for so long while I was in school, that I really don't want to lie any more.

"When you were in the hospital I went home to get a shower and some sleep. It was the day you woke up. I was coming back and when I was going in she stopped and started talking to me. And I was saying about you and how I felt really guilty and then I just started crying. And then she started hugging me. When I pulled away she kissed me." Not once did he look up at me. I know he's guilty and ashamed, but he should be.

"So you never kissed her back or anything?"

He sighed and nodded. "But only for like a second." This just keeps getting better and better. Not only did someone kiss him, but he kissed her back.

"Is this when Cahill said you left the hospital before you came up?" I watched him as he nodded his head.

"Yeah, I didn't want to come up and have to face you."

"But you told me that you left because you felt guilty, because you thought the accident was your fault." I am slightly confused, but he was probably lying about that too. Whoever said the first lie and influence others to lie, is an idiot.

"That too, it's sort of because of both things. I think the kiss made me realise that I'm not good enough for you. You deserved someone who wouldn't have a go at you for no reason, who wouldn't hurt you and someone who wouldn't kiss someone else. And when I came back I was going to tell you all of this and say you should find someone else. I would be there for the baby, and to help you raise him. But that's it, nothing else."

Some of it was true to be fair. But he should know that I love him. I'm still upset and angry he kissed someone else though. "So why did you come back then? You could've just stayed away and I would've gotten the message."