I've Got What I Wanted. Part 23

Heeeyyy! :) So how's everyone doing? So I finish school in just over three weeks so not too long until regualr uploads :) I think you'll like this chapter. Next chapter they'll find out the sex of the baby. Who wants a boy and who wants a girl? I already know what its going to be, but I want to see what you'd like :) So thinkgs are going to change in a few chapter. You'll just have to wait to see if it's good or bad. 
Please Comment Vote and Become a Fan. And Please like my Facebook fanpage.
And check out these people, mct108, sarahgurl34 and alone_in_the_world
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

"Are you coming with me tomorrow?" I tilted my head back and looked at Caleb. I smiled when I saw his eyes where closed. I guess he got bored watching TV.

"Coming with you where?" He mumbled rubbing my arm. I laughed and rested my chin on his chest.

"To the hospital," he let out a breath and opened his eyes. He smiled and ran a hand through his hair.

"No I'm going to let you go by yourself." He said sarcastically with a smirk. "Yeah of course I'm going with you." I smiled and turned my head to place my cheek on his chest. "What time is the appointment?" I let out a breath and slid my hand up his shirt.

"Half one I think. It's just for a check up and I think they want to do a scan on the baby as well." I closed my eyes as he tangled my hair in his fingers. 

"I have to go and see Lucas after though. Is that okay?" I nodded rubbing his abs. 

"I was planning on going over to Beth's anyway. We're going to go into town for a while."

"Sounds like we have a plan then." I opened my eyes and looked up at him. I rolled my eyes seeing his eyes closed again.

"If you're tired why don't you go to bed?" He snapped his eyes open and looked at me.

"Because I'm not tired; I'm just resting my eyes." I laughed and pushed myself up.

"You know who says that?" I said stroking his jaw.

"Please, enlighten me." I laughed and kissed his cheek.

"Old men say that when they're caught sleeping. So maybe you're getting a bit old there Love." He chuckled and tilted his head to the side.

"There's no way I'm old. Have you seen this face?" He said gesturing towards his face. "You don't have a face like this when you're old." I laughed and sat down between Caleb and the back of the couch.

"I've seen better to be honest. And you're getting wrinkles and grey hairs now. I'd rather have a man that looks amazing." He smirked and stroked my jaw with his thumb.

"What have I said about teasing me Babe?" I smiled innocently and shrugged. "Well I'll give you some time to think it through." I laughed and draped my legs over his stomach. "So I've been thinking," he started drawing along my thigh.

"Oh I can't wait for this then." He glanced up at me and smirked.

"Well you'll like this," he pushed himself up and rested his back against the arm of the couch. "Since you're now pregnant, I was thinking that maybe we could get married sooner. We probably won't have a big wedding but we still could get married." I smiled slightly as he nervously played with his hands.

"I don't want a big wedding," when I said that it didn't help what my answer was going to be. He looked up and me smiling slightly.

"So what do you think?" I sighed and angled my body towards him.

"I really do want to don't get me wrong. But," I said but sighed again putting my face in my hands. "I don't know really. Now that we've got the baby on the way, I don't feel like we should get married until after it's born." I looked up and saw him nodding looking down at his hands.

"No I understand what you're saying. I just thought it would be nice if we were married when it was born. It was just a thought," I felt really bad now. I moved so I was straddling him now.

"It was a nice thought," I said running my fingers though his hair. "My due date is in December so we won't be waiting that long. I just want to wait until the baby is born." He looked at me and smiled.

"Okay, that baby should be there anyway. Then everyone we love will be there."

"So you're not mad at me?" He furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head.

"Of course not; you're right though. We can just wait until after he or she is born." I leant down and gave him a quick kiss.

"What about August?" I said against his lips. "Let's set the month now; I pick August. It give us enough time to get everything sorted, get settled with the baby and I can fit into a dress then." He laughed as I pulled away to look at him.

"But we'll be busy getting ready for the baby coming. Are we absolutely sure we could get stuff ready for the baby and plan a wedding at the same time?" I smiled and nodded. "So August then?" He said grinning from ear to ear.

"August," I repeated to him.

"Then we just have to get to August then." He said pulling me into his chest. I wrapped my arms around his neck. "In just over a year we'll be married and have a child. It's all sort of happening so quickly." I nodded, running my fingers though his hair. "I'm sorry you had to leave Uni already." I pulled away and smiled at him.

"I don't mind, I can always go back. It's not the end of the world." He smiled and ran his hands up the back of my shirt. "Any chance we can get dinner now? We haven't started making it yet." He smirked and pulled me down to him, brushing his lips against mine.

"I've got something I want to do first." I smiled before he pressed his lips to mine. He kissed me roughly as he lifted my top up. I pulled away and he took it off, before setting it on the floor. He leant forward and traced kisses along my collarbone. "You smell so good," he said making me laugh. He always says the weirdest things.

*

I was sitting in the waiting room in the hospital, as Caleb went to get some coffee. I don't know why, but I was really nervous. I think it might have to do with the scan they're doing to check the baby. I really didn't know what to expect. "It wasn't really worth it to be honest," I looked up at Caleb while walked over to me. I laughed as he sat down beside me.

"Coffee from hospitals never is." He smiled while setting his cup beside him. I didn't know I was bouncing my knee, until Caleb put his hand on it to stop me.

"That's really annoying," I looked at him and smiled.

"Sorry," he chuckled and squeezed my thigh.

"Are we a little nervous?" I nodded as he gave me a reassuring smile. "But everything's going to be okay. You're okay so we're half way there. We just have to make sure the baby is okay." I smiled and nodded.

"I know but I'm still nervous and a little bit scared." He furrowed his eyes and tilted his head slightly, putting on a really cute face.

"Why are you scared? I thought you were looking forward to the next few months." Before I could answer him, the nurse called me.

"Riley if you just want to come this way," she said with a smile 

"We'll talk about it after," I said standing up. He nodded and we followed the nurse to a room. 

"So this gel is going to be pretty cold," the doctor said getting everything ready. "Is this your first pregnancy?" He started to ask me questions.

"Yeah," I said squeezing Caleb's hand. I think he was more excited than what I was. Which I don't understand how he could be more excited than me. Sure I was nervous but I was still really excited.

"Is there any history of miscarriage in your family? Or any other problems during pregnancy?" I shook my head as he walked over to me.

"Not that I know of," he nodded pulling a chair over.

"Anything on your side of the family?" He asked Caleb who shook his head. "Right well I'm just going to do the scan then. Can you lift your top?" I did as he asked and lifted my top to just underneath my bra. He put some gel on my stomach before turning on the monitor. It wasn't as cold as I thought it would be. "Since you've not had a scan before this, and we usually so it a bit earlier, you'll be able to see wuite  a lot." He said as he started to scan my stomach. I nodded while watching the screen. He wasn't kidding when he said you couldn't see anything. "Okay," he said turning the monitor to show us. "So ther it is," he said pointing to the screen. At the same time, Caleb and I moved closer to the screen.

"Wow," I said surprised at how clear it was. He laughed and nodded.

"Yeah, it's quite a clear image. Everything looks okay. It's in the right position, it's the right size and everything else looks good. So far so good," I looked at Caleb and smiled. "Since it's your first scan and your first pregnancy would you like one? Usually the first scan wouldn't be about ten to thirteen weeks; not seventeen. So I can print it out if you like?" I smiled and nodded. He nodded and went back to the screen. I looked over at Caleb who had a big grin on his face. I smiled and ran my fingers along his jaw. I can't believe this is really happening.

"I've made an appointment for you to come back in four weeks. That scan will let us make sure everything is going okay and we can give you a due date." I smiled and moved against Caleb's side. "I'll see you then," he said with a smile.

"Thank you," he nodded before we walked away. "Can you believe how small it was?" I laughed and looked up at Caleb.

"You could sort of see the outline of the baby. I can't wait to see the little hands and feet." He smiled and kissed the top of my head. "But right now I could murder for something to eat." He laughed and nodded as we left the hospital.

"Where do you want to go?" He asked unlocking the car.

"There is a café down the road that looked nice." He nodded as we slipped into the car. He put the key into the ignition, before starting the car.

"So about earlier in the waiting room." I sighed hoping he had forgotten about that.

"What about it?" I looked over at him to see him concentrating on the road.

"Why are you scared? I really thought that you couldn't wait until the baby was born."

"I am, I'm really excited. But I'm still going to be scared Caleb. You must be a little bit scared." He glanced at me and nodded. "I'm just scared now because the scan made everything true. I'm still really excited that we're going to be a family." I reached over and laced my fingers through his. "I really couldn't be any happier," he glanced at me and smiled.

"I know, I don't think I've ever been this happy. Although I would be happier if it was conceived later." I furrowed my eyebrows confused.

"Why?" He smirked pulling up outside of the café.

"Then there's a chance it could be born on or close to my birthday." I laughed and shook my head. "That would be one hell of a birthday present." I smiled and got out of the car. I grabbed my bag before walking around to meet him.

"It'll be a bit before that I'm afraid." He chuckled and laced his fingers with mine. We walked into the café before sitting down at one of the tables.

"Today's made me think about something though." I smiled while taking off my jacket.

"You've been thinking a lot lately," he smirked and nodded.

"But this one is a bit different. I'm sick of calling the baby 'it'. Aren't you?" I smiled and nodded at him.

"Yeah it doesn't feel right. I'd rather call it he or she, at least until we get a name."

"So are we agreed that we're going to find out the sex of the baby then?" I nodded, moving my chair closer to the table.

"I think it's going to be a girl though." He chuckled as I looked for something to eat.

"I think it will be a boy. Your mum had a boy and my parents had a boy, plus my dad's parents had both boys. I think the likely hood that we'll have a boy is quite high." I looked up at him and shook my head.

"My mum and dad had a girl too, plus my mum's parents had a girl. It's a fifty-fifty chance." He smirked and leant over the table.

"Okay fine, let's have a little bet shall we?"

"You're going to have a bet on the sex of our child?" I questioned raising my eyebrows at him.

"What he doesn't know can't hurt him." I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"Fine what's the bet?"

"Whoever loses has to make the other dinner and the winner gets to choose what colour the baby's room is going to be."

"But I want to choose the colour," I said pouting. He chuckled and shrugged his shoulder.

"Either take it or leave it." I sighed and nodded. He knew that I always accept his dares; we just like trying to beat each other.

"Fine but don't start crying when you find out you've lost." He laughed as I went back to the menu. I really hope I win, because by looking at his last house, he would ruin the room.

*

"How do you know there's something bothering him?" Beth asked as we sat in her bedroom. I've missed Beth so much over the past few months. The last time I saw her was Christmas, and that felt like ages ago. It's not the same when it's just Aaron and I.

"I just know by looking at him. There's just something in his eyes telling him something." She smiled slightly and nodded.

"Why don't you just ask him?" I sighed and lay down on her bed.

"Because she never asks him, she always waits." I looked over at Aaron and rolled my eyes.

"If he wants to tell me he will. I guess I'll just have to wait," I lifted myself up onto my elbows.

"Told you," he said with a smirk.

"Shut up Aaron," Beth threw a pillow at him. " If that's what you want to do. But it's better to know than to worry about it."

"Yeah I know, but I'll just wait." She smiled and nodded. "But there's something I want to tell you." I said with a huge smile. I've been so busy that I haven't gotten around to telling them about the baby.

"Oh, here we go," Aaron said sarcastically. I gave him the finger while getting the scan print out from my bag. I lifted out the envelope and threw it at them. We got three print outs; one for me, one for Caleb and one for Caleb to send to his grandmother because she wouldn't be able to see it any other way. With my mum and Lucas, we can just show them ours. I watched as they took the photo out of the envelope.

"Fuck off," Beth squealed at me. "No fucking way," she said looking up at me.

"Do you really think I'd make this up?" I said moving to the edge of the bed.

"Oh my fucking..." she trailed off walking over to me. "Why the fuck didn't you tell us before?" She said pulling me up. "I so claim dibs on Godmother," I laughed as she pulled me into a hug.

"I claim dibs on Godfather too." I looked over at Aaron and laughed.

"We can all be one big happy family," I joked.

"Congratulations Riley," I smiled as he hugged me. "I'm really happy for you," he whispered lifting me off the ground. I'm so glad I have friend like this. Even though I have Caleb, I still need my friends. I don't know what I'd do without them.