I've Got What I Wanted. Part 12

Hey guys :) Sortt for it being a bit late. But my exams are over now, so I can relax for a few weeks. I haven't proof read this because I'm really tired. I've barely slept all weekend becuase I've been revising. But I'll read through it tomorrow.
Please Vote Comment and Become a Fan :) Love you guys :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

CHAPTER TWELVE

"How did it go with Dr Burns?" I asked Caleb through the phone. The meeting with Dr Burns and my dad had to be postponed until today, as my dad was unwell and couldn't come to the school. But I don't think Caleb minded that much. 

"Same as all meetings really. Very boring," I laughed looking down at my lunch. "I'll talk to you later about it. But everything is okay now," I nodded to myself. 

"That's good," I simply said to him. I'm glad that everything's finally sorted. 

"Are you still okay to pick me up? I'll be finished around half four." 

"Yeah I'm just going into town for a couple of hours." I stood up, grabbing my plate as I did. "You know you forgot your lunch today." I said putting my plate in the sink. It's great finishing early on a Friday. 

"Yeah I know, I just got something from the canteen. But I was really looking forward to my peanut butter sandwich." I laughed shaking my head. 

"Yeah it was nice," I teased him. 

"You better not gave eaten it. I want it when I go home." He said in all seriousness. 

"Don't worry it's still there." I laughed at him. "Right I need to go; I'm meeting Cahill in town." I've recently got used to calling him Cahill instead of Springer. I'll call him Springer sometimes, but I like calling him Cahill. I mean we are friends. 

"Does he not have a class to teach?" Cake said breaking my thoughts. 

"No he's free for the rest of the day." I grabbed a dog treat from the cupboard and called Max. "So I'll pick you up at half four then?" I gave the treat to Max and scratched behind his ears. 

"Yeah sounds good to me." 

"What do you want for your birthday by the way?" I asked, still looking to get him a present for his birthday tomorrow. I know I've left it a bit late, but at least I'm getting it now. 

"Bye Ri, I love you." He hung up the phone to avoid answering my question. I laughed putting my phone in my bag. 

"He never answers my question Max." I said to the brown dog. I fell bad that he's left on his own for the day. But we're usually home before five o'clock anyway. I know Caleb says he hates the dog sometimes, but I know he doesn't mean it. His face when I gave Max back to him was so cute. He loves the dog. But dogs are like people, sort of. You can develop bonds with them. 

"Right I'm away," I said grabbing my bag. "Stay off the bed and dint chew any of my stuff. If you're going to lie on the sofas, make sure you don't leave any hairs for Caleb to find." Why am I talking to a dog? I grabbed my keys from the table and left the house. 

*

I snuck up behind Cahill and jumped on his back. “Get off my back Riley,” I laughed I placed my feet back on the ground. “Most people say hi when they meet up with someone.” He turned around and smirked at me.

“Yeah, but I’m not most people so there you go.” I smiled sweetly up him. He rolled his eyes, but smiled at me. “Right, so, I need to go and get Caleb a birthday present and you’re helping me.” He groaned and slumped forward slightly.

“I really can’t be bothered. And aren’t you leaving it a bit late?”

"Yeah I already know that. But guys are really hard to buy for." He chuckled as we walked into the mall.