I've Got What I Wanted. Part 9

Hey guys. Sorry for the lateless. But I've just finished two of my exams so I was busy studying for them and stuff. But I've only got one more and that's a few weeks away so I've got more time to write. SO I'm going to write for the next week and a bit, then after my exam. I've got an idea for a new story but it won't be up until after school. So just in case you guys are interested :) 
So this chapter is a bit longer. And the pictures on the side are of Riley's Christmas presents from Caleb. Caleb's should be up on the next chapter.
Please Comment, Vote and Become a Fan :) Love you guys so much.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER NINE

I groaned as the sound of a dog barking travelled through the house. "Max shut up!" Caleb shouted at him. But Max had other ideas. He jumped on the bed and started whining at Caleb. "Bloody dog couldn't wait a little longer to go out." Caleb complained getting out of bed. I yawned while pushing myself up so I was sitting. I stroked Max as he lay down beside me. 

"Don't take it out on him. He just wants to go out." Caleb laughed while pulling on a pair of sweatpants. 

"It's Christmas I really didn't want to get out of bed so early." I looked over at the clock and laughed. 

"It's ten thirty," I scratched behind Max's ears. 

"Sure go back to bed and I'll wake you up when I get back." He pulled on a hoody, walking over to me. 

"I probably can't sleep now." Caleb clicked his fingers and Max jumped off of the bed. 

"I'll only be ten minutes," he sat down on the edge of the bed to put his shoes on. "It might me nice if there was some coffee when I get back." He glanced over at me and smirked. I laughed and slid out of our bed. I loved saying our bed. 

"I might make some coffee for me, I don't know about you." He chuckled as I ran my fingers through my hair, trying to fix it. 

“Well then you won’t get your Christmas present then. I’ll just take it away from the tree and keep it until you decide to make me a cup of coffee.” He walked over to me and slid his hands on my waist.

“That’s alright I won’t give you yours then.” He smirked as I wound my arms around his neck.

“Merry Christmas Babe,” he lowered his head and pressed his lips to mine. I smiled against his lips, tangling my fingers in his hair.

“Merry Christmas,” he smiled and used the back of his fingers to stroke my cheek. He was about to give me another kiss when Max barked again. Caleb groaned and looked down at the dog waiting to go for a walk.

“Right I’m coming,” he groaned at Max. I laughed as Max ran out of the room.

“You may hurry up before he goes to the toilet on the floor.” I turned around and walked out of our bedroom. I heard his footsteps behind me, as I walked down the stairs.

“He won’t he’ll wait.” I turned around at the bottom of the stairs and waited for Caleb. “I’ll be ten minutes or so then we’ll do the whole Christmas present thing.” I smiled as he opened the front door. “Don’t forget the coffee,” I laughed and placed a quick kiss on his lips.

“See you in a bit,” I smiled at him before walking down the hallway into the kitchen.

You have got to love Christmas. The snow lying on the ground, the Christmas trees and lights, the buzz around the place as Christmas day comes closer and closer. Even the panic of people on Christmas Eve in town doing last minute shopping, something Caleb and I did yesterday. We didn’t get some presents because he was over in Ireland for a couple of days. Which, turned out well.

I didn’t go over because I apparently needed to relax. But it was good that I didn’t go. It should’ve just been him and his grandmother talking about it. And it gave me plenty of time to figure out what to get Caleb for Christmas. Which was hell since he’s so hard to buy for. But I think he'll love what I got him. I don’t want to think about what it took to get the presents. I’ve got them all now so that’s all that matters. And there’s more good news. Caleb persuaded his grandmother to come home for Christmas. It took him a little while, but she finally agreed to come back with him. I was really happy for Caleb when I saw her with Caleb when I went to pick him up. I was really really happy for him.

I walked over to the kettle which had finished boiling, and grabbed a mug from the cupboard. I made a quick cup of coffee, making one for Caleb except for putting the water in, and sat down at the kitchen table. I have to admit; I don’t really like being home on my own; even if it is only for ten or fifteen minutes. Some nights it’s quite nice, but most of the time I’d rather have someone around. 

Max came running into the kitchen around fifteen minutes after Caleb had left. “Hey, go you want a drink?” He wagged his tail and panted, as I scratched his head. I stood up and walked over to his bowl. I grabbed his black bowl that was looking a bit worn out.