I've Got What I Wanted. Part 37

Hey guys :) Sorry it's been so long. I've got exams really soon :( And you guys are going to hate me for this chapter :P But it had to be done. I'm off school on Wednesday for Christmas so I'm going to try and get this story finished. Literally is three or four chapters. But I'm doing a lote of revision right now so I'll have to see.
Please Vote Comment and Become a Fan :D
Like my Facebook Page 'Phoenix-54'
Follow me on Twitter 'WattyPhoenix54' :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

“Can I talk to you for a second?” I whispered into Sam’s ear. She looked at me and nodded. I stood up and looked over at Riley. Satisfied she was focused on her conversation with Jim, I walked into the kitchen.

“What’s wrong?” Sam said following me in.

“I need to ask you for a favour.” I turned around and sat down at the table.

“You know I’d help you and Riley as much as I can.” She sat down with a serious face on. I know I can ask Sam to do this for me. Then again, it’s not something that is particularly testing.

“Are you working on Monday?” I asked, making her shake her head. “Can you come over while I’m at work?" 

She furrowed her eyebrows, leaning on the table. "Why; is everything okay?" 

"Yeah I just want you to make sure Riley is okay while I'm at work. She's not really been bonding with Michael as much as she should. She won’t go to him if he’s crying.” I explained picking at my fingernails. “So I’m going to make her spend more time with him on her own. Then hopefully, she’ll start to go to him when he’s crying. But…” I stopped unsure of how to word it without sounding bad.

“You want me to make sure that she does it rather than leaving Michael on his own.” She finished, knowing where I was coming from.

“Basically yeah,” I looked up at her and smiled slightly. She let out a breath before nodding. 

"Yeah I'll come over. About half eight; is that okay?" 

I smiled and nodded. "That's perfect. I should be finished work at half two so I'll be home at around three." I told her standing up. "I'll try and get out early. I'm meant to be at rugby but I can get someone to cover." I smiled at her while pushing my chair in. 

"It's fine, do what you think is best." She said standing up with me. "But she'll get there eventually Caleb. I wouldn't worry about it too much. She's just trying to get used to everything. I'm sure she'll hold him by the time you get home." She offered me a reassuring smiled which I appreciated. I know that she'll get Riley to hold him eventually. 

"I know she will. But it's better that she does it now rather than later. With Christmas in a couple of weeks, things are just going to get busier. So dealing with this now won't add to everything." 

She nodded and put her arm on my forearm. "It'll be fine," she said giving my arm a squeeze. "Come on; let's get back to everyone." She started making her way towards the door. 

"Can you send Riley in here actually? I want to talk to her." Asking that made me sound like I was at work. That's exactly what I say when I'm talking to one of my students. Sam nodded and disappeared into the living room. I turned around and grabbed a bottle of water from the refrigerator. 

"What are you hiding in here for?" Riley said behind me. I turned around and smiled at her. 

"You know what I'm like." I smirked as she walked over to me. "The less people I have to speak to the better."