I've Got What I Wanted. Part 33

Long time no upload huh? :) I'm really sorry about how long it's been. But it's the normal excuse really. I'm back at school and the work is starting to pile up. I've got a bit of work I need to do this year to get the grades to go to Uni. And I;m writing personal statements and stuff to apply for Uni. So I'll be busy with that until November time. By then I should have applied for Uni. Honestly though, there isn't a lot more to go. Maybe it'll come up to forty chapters all in all. I don't know, I haven't decided yet. Once this one is nearly finished, the new one will probably be up. 
Please Vote Comment and Become a Fan. Hopefully the next upload will be pretty soon. But I'm starting volunteering again next week, and then tutoring and driving lessons soon. But I'm trying :D
Enjoy!
And Like my Facebook page 'Phoenix-54' :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

I gave him another chance to see me and he's late. I've been waiting twenty minutes for him and my appointment is about to start. And a few minutes before the appointment time, the doctor walked in front of me. "Hey Riley," he said shaking my hand. "Ready?"

I nodded and started following him down the corridor. "Ri!" Someone shouted behind us. I turned around and saw Caleb running to catch up with us. "I'm sorry," he said trying to catch is breath. "I couldn't get anyone to cover my class until twenty minutes ago. I'm sorry I'm late." He apologised to me again.

"It's fine; we're just going now. You're not that late." The doctor said continuing down the hall.

"Sorry," he said again as we followed him.

"Its fine," I said with a slight laugh. "You didn't miss anything."

He looked down at me and gave me a slight smile. "I promise next time I'll be early."

I smiled as he gave me a playful push with his shoulder. “Okay you know what the deal is.” The doctor said as we walked to into the room. I smiled and got up onto the bed. “I bet you’re getting really excited now,” he asked with a smile. I shrugged lifting up my shirt.

“Yeah I am. But I’m really tired as well. I just want it over to be honest,” I said with a slight laugh. He smiled and nodded, walking over to me.

“Most women are like that at the end.” He said getting ready to start the scan. “Just take it easy when you feel tired. Try not to be on your feet too much. When the crying starts you’ll wish you were back here.”

I laughed shaking my head at him. “I really don’t that will be happening.”

He smiled, putting some gel on my stomach. “Okay, I’ll hold you to that. We’ll see if you feel the same in a few weeks.”

I rolled my eyes at him, before letting him carry on with the scan.

~

“Well that might be everything for now. I’ll book you in for another scan in two weeks. You know just in case we don’t have a baby yet.” He explained walking us to the reception. “But maybe the next time you’re here you’ll leave with a baby.” He smiled, stopping at reception. As he wrote out an appointment card I digested what he said.

This time in two weeks I'll have a child. I'll be a mum. I'm used to being pregnant, don't get me wrong, but it's going to a whole different level soon. I'm going to have to look after a baby every single minute, of every single day. I'm not sure if I'm one hundred percent ready to do that. I've not really thought about what is going to happen after he's born. Sure I know what I'm going to need to do to make him happy; but if I can do that is a different question.

"So I'll either see you next week, or the week after that." The doctor said with a smile. I took the appointment card from him, smiling.

"See you then," I said before leaving.