I've Got What I Wanted. Part 27

Hey guys! So, this chapter is something you may not like :P But whatever, it has to happen :) 
Getting away from this for a minute and digressing like I so often do :D I've got this biggest love for Tanner Patrick :D He's like wow :L I don't understand how Justin Bieber can be famous but Tanner can't. Like, Tanner is on a whole different level :D Anyways, if you've never heard of him, check him out. I'll put one of his videos on the side :)
So, that's everything really. Hope you enjoy this chapter.
Please Vote Comment and Become a Fan. And Like my Facebook Page :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

"I don't want to go to work tomorrow." I laughed as Caleb sat and complained to me. He was starting back at work tomorrow, and I wasn't terribly happy either. Summer has gone far too quickly. Italy was amazing. I really wouldn't mind living there. We've sorted some stuff out for the baby, but we've still got a few things to do. I am only twenty-five weeks. We've got the cot, the changing mat, some toys and some new chest of drawers. But we've not really got anything else. We were going to go out tomorrow and get some things. It was surreal that this was happening. But I’m still not showing that much. But you can definitely tell I’m pregnant.

"I know, I don't want you to go back either." He smiled, running his fingers along my cheek.

“It’s only a half day, so we’ll go out and get some other stuff sorted.” I smiled and nodded.

“Oh, my dad asked me if we wanted to go over to his house for dinner tonight. What do you think?” He let out a breath and shrugged.

“I don’t know. We’ll be pretty busy sorting stuff out. Do we really want to go out after?” I turned on the sofa to look at him.

“It’s only for dinner. It isn’t like we’re going to be doing very much. Johnny is going to go. And I haven’t really been over to their house since before we went away. We don’t have to cook,” I said trying to persuade him. He sighed and nodded.

“Fine,” I smiled giving him a hug.

“I don’t see why you don’t want to go in the first place.” I said pulling away. “Ever since the car accident, you never want to go any more.” He looked down at his hands and shrugged.

“I don’t know; I would just rather stay here. I’m still not a fan of them to be honest. Damien and Ann are okay. I’m still not sure about your dad and Stephanie.” I furrowed my eyebrows, resting my elbow on the back of the couch.

“But it’s been nearly a year Caleb. You can see my dad is trying. I can understand Stephanie though." He sighed and stood up. 

"It’s just how I feel. I'm going to get changed then we’ll go okay?" He kissed my forehead before walking out. I let out a breath, running a hand through my hair. 

I really don't see what his problem is. I can understand why he doesn't like Stephanie. But my dad has really been trying to work things out. Sure it's going to take a long time for him to make it up, but I'm happy. I'm just happy that's he's making such an effort to be part of my and Johnny's life. I don’t see why Caleb has such a problem with him. Surely he should be happy with him because I am. But he doesn’t want to talk about it, so I won’t ask him. But I really want to know what his problem is.

*

“Right, clothes or paint first?” Caleb asked stopping at a red light. “We either go straight for clothes, or right for paint. You’re decision,” I pouted slightly before deciding.

“Paint, it’ll take less time. Plus the place with the baby shop as a café. I’m starving,” he chuckled indicating right.

“It’s a good thing I’m hungry too. But since you always have a go at me when I want to eat, I didn’t want to say.” I raised my eyebrows and looked at him, as he pulled into the hardware store.

“I never have a go at you. The only time I do say something, is when you want to eat just after you’ve eaten. I don’t want a fat boyfriend.” He pulled into a car parking space, turned to me and raised his eyebrows.

“Are you saying you wouldn’t love me if I didn’t have my abs any more? Are you saying you’d leave me if I was fat?” He said jokingly upset. “You’re shallow,” he took his keys and got out of the car. I laughed and followed him out.

“I’m not being shallow. I’m just not going to be happy if you get fat even though I told you not to eat.” He shook his head locking the car.

“No, it’d be worse than not being happy. You’d stop loving me,” he complained walking to the building. I rolled my eyes and jogged so I was beside him.

“I don’t think I ever said that. I’d still love you if you were fat. But I’d rather you like this. This way you can run around and play football with the baby.” He smiled lacing his fingers with mine.

“You saved yourself a little bit there.” I squeezed his hand as we walked into the building. “And I’m pretty sure ‘the baby,’” he said using his free hand to make air quotes. “Is called Michael,” he continued. “Maybe we should start calling him Michael.” I sighed and nodded.

“Yeah, I’m just trying to get used to it.” He looked down at me and smiled.

“I know it’s going to be strange.” I looked away from his eyes as we stopped by the paint. I didn’t want him to see that I wasn’t as excited as him. “Anyway, back to paint.” I smiled looked along the rows of paint. What colour can you paint a baby’s room? They probably can’t tell what colour it is anyway. “What do you think?” I let out a breath and shrugged.

“I haven’t a clue,” I told him honestly. “I really don’t want blue though. Maybe yellow or green,” he nodded and we started walking toward the colours chart. We grabbed some cards and started looking through them. “That green is nice,” I said pointing to a light green.

“Maybe we should just paint it cream.” I looked at him before slapping his arm. He laughed, pulling his arm away from me.

“That is seriously not funny.” He smiled as I went back to look at the cards. “I really don’t have a clue. I mean, he won’t really be able to tell what it is.” He nodded, scanning along the cards.

“I like that yellow to be honest.” I looked to where he was pointing and nodded.

“Yeah it’s nice. But is it a bit too girly? I don’t want it too be too girly.” He shook his head while looking at me.

“No I don’t think so. That yellow is nice," I nodded slightly, looking at the cards. "What about wallpaper instead? I'm sure you could get some with animals or something on it." I gasped and repeatedly slapped his arm. "Ow," he grabbed my hand. 

"I have the best idea ever." He laughed, turning his body to face me. 

"And what is this idea?" I smiled leaning against the counter. 

"I think we should paint the walls yellow, and then get like wallpaper animals and stuff and the stick them up. How cool would that be?” He smiled and nodded at my enthusiasm. “We can get all these wee cute animals and stuff.”

“Yeah that’d be really nice.” He agreed rubbing my lower back. “So this yellow then?” He said pointing to the bright yellow.

“Yeah, but what do you think?” He nodded, putting most of the cards back.

“I like it,” he smiled lacing his fingers with mine. “We just have to find it now.” I laughed, walking over to where the yellows were. “What do you call it?” He let go of my hand and walked over to the shelves.

“Buttercup Yellow,” I read of the card. He nodded and scanned the shelves. 

"Got it," he reached up and grabbed a large tin of yellow paint. "Now all we have to do is find those bloody animals you want." I smiled at him as he walked over to me. 

"You want them too." We started walking around the store, trying to find some wallpaper animals. 

"I don't think we're going to find them Babe." I shrugged slightly, looking up at him. "Awk we’ll find them," he said tweaking my nose. 

"Go away," I pushed him away. He chuckled as we walked towards the checkout. 

"They might have them at the baby place. We can look for them when we're getting toys and clothes. It would be nice if we had them." I nodded, wrapping my arm around his waist. I'm actually a bit surprised I was this excited. 

*

"They're so cute," I gushed at the little baby clothes as we ate lunch. "They're so small," he laughed shaking his head at me. Thankfully there wasn't anyone near us in the diner, who would think I was crazy. But the clothes were so cute. 

"It's crazy how small they are. Like if you think about it, we were that small." I smiled and looked up at him. 

"And now look at you." He smirked shrugging, leaning forward on the table. 

"I was probably smaller," he lifted up one of the baby suits. "I was three weeks premature apparently." I raised my eyebrows shocked. You wouldn't have known he was premature. He's like six foot and so fit. I didn't even know he was premature. 

"That's crazy," I said with a laugh. "So did you have to stay in hospital then?" He shrugged, running his fingers across the baby clothes. 

"I'm not sure but I probably did. It's weird because I really don't remember very much from growing up. I think after the accident I just wiped everything. But Lucas and my grandparents try to tell me as much as they can. But they said it wasn't anything too serious. It was mainly just to make sure I was strong enough to go home." I nodded, listening to him intently. He hardly ever speaks about his past, so when he does, I want to make sure I remember it. 

"Do you think Michael will be born prematurely?" He looked up and shook his head. 

"I wouldn't imagine so. Lucas' daughter Lucy was born a day after the due date. And she got to go home the same day. You guys weren't born prematurely. So I really don't think so. But you never know." He set the clothes down and went back to eating his food. 

"And he'll be born close to my birthday." I teased him, knowing he wanted the baby to be born near his birthday. 

"Yeah whatever," he said waving his hand dismissively. I laughed, kicking him gently under the table. "See for that, I'm going to get you the best present ever. Just because it'll be better than Michael." I smiled and rolled my eyes. "Anyway, he could be born at the start of December. Then he'll be a Christmas present instead." He looked up and smirked. 

"It would be nice to have him by Christmas. It'll make it so much better." He smiled and nodded. 

"I would make it a little bit better." I laughed, putting the clothes and toys back into the bags. “So what do we need to do tomorrow then? I can try and get away early.” I looked at him with a flat look.