I've Got What I Wanted. Part 36

Hey :) So this chapter is in Caleb's POV still. Just thought I'd have a nice chapter from his eyes :) I think I'm nearly finished with this. Just a couple more chapters to close some loose ends and have some drama involved :P So hopefully you enjoy the next few chapters :D 
I'm still sorting University stuff out and I've got exams in January so sorry for the infrequent uploads but I'll try and get one up next week. But enjoy this one :)
Please Vote Comment and Become a Fan. Like my Facebook Page 'Phoenix-54' and Follow me on Twitter 'WattyPhoenix54' 
BTW: I seriously haven't a clue what you call the baby carrier thing that you use as a car seat then clip it into a stroller, so I've called it a carrier just haha. So if it isn't clear what it is, that's what it is. I just don't know what you call it :P
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

"How much did he weigh?" My grandmother asked as I made some coffee. 

"Seven pounds and two ounces." I said trapping the phone between my ear and my shoulder. 

Two days Michael has been home for. And I've loved every minute. Except for getting up in the middle of the night when he cries. I told Riley for the first week I'll get up to take care of him. She's absolutely exhausted and getting up in the middle of the night won't help. But I don't mind. When I go back to work we'll have to start sharing the work. But every thing is okay so far. I think we're both trying to find our feet. So we haven't let anyone come over to see him until tonight. But it's a big change to the norm.

"You should come over and see him. If I book you flights in the next couple of days you can be over for next week." I grabbed my coffee and headed out into the living room. Looking over at Michael in his cradle seeing if he was okay; I sat down on the sofa. He's so cute in his little baby grows. 

"Well I’d love to see him soon. When would be good for you guys? I don't want to come when you're still settling down."

"Anytime next week,” I set opening my laptop. “I’m back at work next week, but I finish early on a Thursday. So I can pick you up after work.” I logged into my laptop and waited for it to load.

“That’s fine with me. Are there any flights at that time?” She asked as I took a sip of my coffee.

“I’ll have a look now,” setting my mug on the table, I opened the internet. “Do you want to stay until after Christmas? Because I don’t see any point going back home just to come back again a week later.” As the internet opened one of the ads started blasting music. I closed it quickly hoping it didn’t wake Michael up. But of course it did, because he started crying. I really didn’t need this right now. “Hang on a second,” I set the phone down and walked over to Michael. I didn’t want him to wake Riley up either. “Come here son,” I said picking him up. I held him in my arms while walking back over to the couch. I bounced him gently in my arm while picking the phone up. Thankfully he had started to stop crying. “Sorry,” I said to my grandmother.

“Its fine, I understand. Is he okay?” She asked as I pressed the phone to my ear with my shoulder. I knew I’d have to lean how to multitask, but I didn’t know it would be this difficult.

“Yeah he’s fine. So, are you going to stay to after Christmas then?" 

"I’m not sure yet. Look at the flights and things and I'll think about it." She's really hard to persuade. She's just as stubborn as Riley. 

"Well I'll have a look at flights and see what they're like. But I need to head out and get some stuff. I'll call you later after everyone has gone home." I wish I didn’t have to go out, but we’ve got no food. And I’m starting to get sick of take outs and oven food.

“Okay, I’ll speak to you later.”

“Talk to later,” I said before hanging up. I set my mobile on the table before looking back at the laptop. After searching flights for a while, I closed my laptop. Looking at flights is pretty boring. And I want to have the shopping done before Riley comes downstairs. She didn’t get much sleep last night and didn’t get to sleep until eight o’clock this morning. I feel really bad for her.