I've Got What I Wanted. Part 28

Hey! So, I haven't proof read becuase its late and I need to be up at half eight tomorrow morning. Which isn't very nice during summer, but whatever :) Sorry about the cliffhanger last chapter, but there's another one on this one :D I'm just evil like that. How do you guys think Riley should react if Caleb does admit it to her? I've got it planned, which you may or may not like. But that's for the next few chatper :D 
Can I just say it only felt like I uploaded two or three days ago :L But hopefully the next upload will be up before the weekend :)
So I'm going to go bed :D I shall talk to you all later!
Please Vote Comment and Become a Fan and Like my Facebook page :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

"I'll see you later," he bent down and pressed his lips to my forehead. 

"See you later," I mumbled before he left the room for work. Max came in and jumped on the bed, as I tried to get back to sleep. 

It's been about a month since I got that text from Adam. I just ignored him and told him to stop talking to me. But there was always this voice in the back of my head. Did he cheat on me? Or was Adam just making it up? I trust Caleb, don't get me wrong. But it's one of those things that when someone puts something in your head, it's really difficult to get rid of. I really don't think he did cheat on me. He's not the kind of man to do that. But the tiniest bit of me, wanted to ask him. 

But I didn't have the guys. What if I asked him and it wasn't true? Then he would probably hate me for thinking he would do that. Then what if he left me because of that? I really couldn't do all of this without him. Especially raising Michael. I've only got about two months to go. I really do need Caleb to support me. If I ask him and Adam is lying, like I think he is, then that will probably be it. I know Caleb will probably end things. He'll doubt whether I trust him or not. 

I sighed, pushing myself up to a sitting position on the bed. And what if he does leave me if he hasn't cheated? I sprawled my fingers across my stomach. He might not want anything to do with me or the baby. But I highly doubt he's leave the baby. He's so happy to be a dad; I don't think he'd forget about him. But then again, I would have never imagined him leaving me. But I guess things can change if there is no trust. He did always think I would leave him for Cahill or Martin though. So maybe he thinks I might actually do that.

I groaned, reaching over to grab my phone. I hate Adam for putting that in my head. I brought up Cahill’s name and sent him a text.

‘Are you free anytime today? I’m in the mood for some Starbucks.’ I’ve been thinking about who I can talk to about all of this. I don’t know whether to leave it, knowing Adam would be lying. Or ask Caleb about it, because there is a tiny bit of me worried it’s true. I can’t talk to Aaron or Beth because they would probably kill him. I can’t talk to my mum or Johnny because they would probably do the same thing. And Jim will tell Caleb that I’m having these thoughts. So Cahill seemed like the only person that I could talk to. If I ask him not to mention it to Caleb, he won’t.

‘Yeah, I’m free at twenty past two. Will I meet you in town? Around about three?’

‘Yeah, see you then.’ I put my phone back on the table and got out of bed. I walked out of our room and into the baby’s room. It did look good.

The walls have already been yellow. The cot was built and was sitting against the wall beside the door. But we know we will probably move it into our room. Caleb has also built the chest of drawers which was against the furthest wall. But other than that, we haven’t really done much. When I get time, like now, I go through all of the clothes and toys and sort them out. I still find the baby clothes absolutely adorable. Bu lately I've not had the same enthusiasm. And that's because of Adam being a prick. 

*

"Here you go," Cahill put a mug in front of me. 

"Thanks," I said smiling.

He smiled sitting down beside me.

"So how're things? Are you enjoying being back at work?" I asked trying to avoid the conversation I knew I needed to have.

He shrugged as I took a sip of my coffee. "It’s good to some extent. My fifth year class are a pain in the ass. But I got some pretty good classes."

I laughed shaking my head. He always had one class he liked to complain about. Amazingly it was never our class. After having most of us for a couple of years, you would think he would want to complain about us. But he never really did. A few times, but not an awful lot.

"How are things with you?"

I looked at him, coming out of my thought. "Okay; I'm a bit tired though."

He smiled, leaning on the table. "So how far gone are you now?" 

"Nearly thirty weeks. So about two months to go. I just want it to be finished already."

He chuckled, nodding at me. "Have you got everything sorted?" 

"Just the big stuff like the room and travel stuff. We've got every thing we need for the first month or so. I think we're sorted." I took a sip of my coffee sitting back in my chair. 

"What about Caleb's paternity leave?"

I shrugged, setting my mug on the table. "He says he's sorted it, but he's not told me anything. So I don't know how long he gets off."

He furrowed his eyebrows, running his finger along the rim of the mug. "I think our work contracts say we've got two weeks. He's probably got two weeks off." At least someone decided to tell me how long he has off. For all I knew he could have been off for two days. It's always good finding this out from other people. "So is there anything else happening?"

I let out a breath and shrugged. "I don't know, maybe. It might be nothing though."

He leant against the table, a slightly worried look on his face. "What's wrong?"
I sighed getting out my phone. "Before I tell you the whole story, you have to promise you'll be in the middle and look at every side of it."

He furrowed his eyebrows but nodded. I took a breath before filling him in. “Remember I would tell you about a guy called Adam, and that he would always annoy me."

"Yeah," he said nodded slightly. 

"Well I told him to basically piss off. So I've not really been talking to him. But he keeps texting me and trying to call me. And I got this a couple a couple of weeks ago." I got up the conversation and gave Cahill the phone. I watched him as he read the texts. I could tell he read the one about Caleb cheating, as his eyebrows shot up. He looked up, handing me back the phone. 

"Do you think it's true?"

I shrugged locking my phone. I put it on the table looking up at him.

"Do you want to know what I think?"

I nodded, but I was slightly apprehensive. "I think he's trying to get into your head. I don't think it's true. I really don’t see Caleb cheating on you.” He said what the majority of me was thinking.

“Yeah, that’s what I think too. But there is this little tiny bit of me that thinks, ‘what if it is true?’ When you hear something like that, there’s always going to be a part of you thinking it’s true.” I looked at the table, spinning my phone around.

"Well what do you want to do about it?" Cahill sighed when I gave him a shrug. "You can do it subtly, or straight out ask him. You can mention that this guy Adam sent you another message. Show him the message and see his reaction. Most girlfriends can tell when their boyfriends are lying. If you look at his reaction, I'm sure you'll be able to tell whether he is lying or not. But I'm sure it's not true."

I shrugged glancing around the coffee shop. I saw some school kids waiting in line to order. I looked at my phone and saw it was quarter to four. "But what if it is true?" I asked looking back at him. "What am I meant to do?"

"Well there's different ways you can look at this. What would you do if he slept with someone else; kissed someone else, or did something else? Could you forgive him if he slept with someone else?" He lowered his head to catch my eye. 

"No, I really don't think so." Honestly, if he did sleep with someone, I could never forgive him. I could live with him, knowing he slept with someone else. 

"What if he kissed someone else?" He asked me another question. I was sort of grateful he asked me these questions. He was making me think what would I do if he did do something.

"Maybe, I guess it depends on who he kissed. Or when he kissed her. I guess it depends on what actually happened."

He smiled leaning across the table. "Talk to him Riley," he said stroking my hand with the back of his fingers. 

"If it's not true he might leave." 

He chuckled squeezing my hand slightly. "Riley, he won't leave you. He'll understand it was just Adam putting things into your head. If you both talk about it, I'm sure you'll be able to sort it out. It's probably not true anyway. You don't believe it. Yeah I know you have a little bit of doubt, but deep down you know it's not true. And if it is, no one could have predicted it."

I smiled gratefully at him. "I really don't think I would have looked at it that way. I would have probably ignored it if I didn't have talked to you about it." I told him honestly. 

“Well it’s better to talk about it. Sure you would have tried ignored it, but you wouldn't forget about it. There will always be that voice in the back of your head. You just need to figure out a way to ask him." He gave me a reassuring smile. I really don't know what I would do without him. Beside my family, Caleb, Beth and Aaron, he's the only other person I would trust. But I still haven't s clue how to ask Caleb about it. 

I looked down at my phone when it beep for a text. I sighed, unlocking it. 

'Hey Babe. What are you up to? xx' I sat back in my chair, sending him a text back. 

'I'm just in town getting a few things. Why are you home so early? xx' Caleb usually doesn't get home from work until half four or five. 

"Why don't you get a new number?"

I looked up at Cahill, slightly confused. "Why would I do that?"

He smirked shaking his head slightly. "Then that Adam guy won't have your number." He explained to me. "Then he can't text you crap."

I smiled at him think he was a genius. "Why didn't I think of that?" I threw my hand up slightly. He laughed, folding his arms on the table. 

"Not everyone can be as smart as me."

I rolled my eyes looking back at my phone. ‘I decided just to do some marking at the house instead. I have a surprise for you :) And I’ll have dinner ready for you coming in xx’ I couldn’t help but smile slightly. There’s no way he would cheat on me. He’s just too adorable and loving to cheat on someone.