I've Got What I Wanted. Part 4

CHAPTER FOUR

“It doesn’t matter what Johnny thinks,” Caleb said as I spun in his computer chair.

“Well it kind of does. He’s my brother Caleb,” he sighed as he looked up from his desk.

“Yeah I know that, but in this case it doesn’t matter. Just because he thinks you should go with him to see your dad, doesn’t mean that you have to. It’s your life so it’s your choice.” I stopped spinning in his chair and turned to look at him.

“But I’ve already said I’d go tomorrow.” He pushed himself up from his chair and walked over to me. He grabbed a chair form a desk and set it in front of me. He put his hands on my knees as he sat down.

“That doesn’t matter either. Like I said last week, you can say you’re not going even when you’re at his front door ready to go in. It’s your decision, nobody else’s. Okay?” He asked as I lowered my head. “Okay?” he asked with a smiled while putting his face in front of mine. I laughed and nodded, “good.” He gave me a quick kiss before sitting up. “And they said it’s okay that I can go. That should make things five hundred times better.” I laughed while resting my hand on top of his. “Don’t worry about it until tomorrow. That’s when you’ll know whether you definitely want to go or not.” I smiled and nodded. “I’ve got a class now. Do you want to go see Cahill or something?” I raised my eyebrows as he asked me that question. “What’s with the look?” I laughed and stood up from my chair.

“There was no ‘look’?” I said grabbing my coat from the back of the chair.

“Yeah there was a look,” he said as the bell for class rang. “What was it for?” I smiled at him as I pulled on my coat.

“It wasn’t for any reason really. I’m just surprised you’ve become best friends with Springer lately.” He smiled as he sat down on his desk.

“We’re not best friends. Just good friends,” I laughed as I stood in front of him. “So are you going there or what are you doing?” He asked while he rubbed the back of my hand.

“I should probably go and talk to him about Maths tutoring. He said he would help me with anything I didn’t understand.” He smiled and nodded at me.

“That’s a good idea. But I should get these guys in,” he said signalling towards the door. I nodded while moving in between his legs and placing my hands on his shoulders. “Will I come looking for you, or will you come back here or will I meet you by the car?” He asked while tucking my fringe behind my ear.

“Wow that’s a lot of options,” he chuckled and placed his hands on my hips. “I’ll just come back here before the last bell.” He nodded and stood up, towering over me.

“Okay I’ll see you then.” He said before giving me a quick kiss on the lips. “We also need to go and get some food for the house. I’m sick of take away,” he said as we walked over to his door. He opened it up and held it open for his class of seniors. “You guys can come in,” he said before they all started to file in and head to their seats.

“Well there would be food if you went shopping during the week.” He looked down at me as the last students came threw the door.

“And why do I need to do the shopping? What’s wrong with you doing it?” He asked leaning against the door.

“We’re really going to have this conversation about who should do the shopping?”

“Well you brought it up so why not?” He said waving his hand dismissively.

“There’s this thing called you class?” I whispered not wanting his class to hear.

“Pick either way but after you,” he said, using one of his hands to signal towards his office and the other to signal out into the corridor.