I've Got What I Wanted. Part 18

Sorry for the wait but here it is. I had family stuff that I really don't want to talk about. So just a few more things. You might hate me for this chapter, but I need to do it :)
Please like my Facebook page as well. There's a link on my profile, and if you click the wee Facebook icon you'll be taken to my personal account for wattpad. But it'll be the external link for this chatper.
And follow me on twitaaa :) https://twitter.com/#!/WattyPhoenix54 :) And my email is on my profile if you want to mail me.
Please Vote Comment and Become a Fan as well. I really appreciate you guys and how patient you've all been :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

"Have you been home at all?" I looked over at Sam. I shook my head at her. Riley's been taken to have some tests done. It's been nearly a week since she's been here. 

"No not yet. Lucas brought some clothes over the other day, and the nurses let me use their shower. So that's just what I've been doing." She gave me that look that showed she wasn't happy. I know we got into that argument when Riley first came in, but we've forgotten about it now. 

"Caleb it's not good that you've been here for nearly a week. You look so tired." I laughed and nodded. 

"I'm completely exhausted. My muscles are killing me as well. But I just don’t want to leave in case something happens.” I think that must be about the hundredth time I’ve said that. But every single time I’ve meant it.

“But she’s probably going to be exhausted when she wakes up. And then you’re going to be exhausted, it’s not going to go well if you’re exhausted to. And knowing Riley she’ll feel bad that you’ve not left the hospital in days. You know that’s going to make things worse as well.” I sighed and nodded. "If you know that then why don't you go home? A few hours isn't going to kill you. Please," she sounded like she was on the edge of begging. "I don't want to have the two of you in hospital." I looked up at her and smiled slightly. 

"Okay I'll go home," she smiled and nodded. "But only when I know Riley's back and okay. When I'm satisfied that she's okay, then I'll go. But only for a few hours. I'm going to have a shower, then go to sleep for an hour or two." She nodded and sat back in the chair. 

"That's all that I ask. I just don't want to see you in here as well. You know you're family as well." I looked down at my hands, smiling slightly. "We may annoy each other from time to time," I laughed as she tried to lighten the atmosphere. "But we're still family," I looked up at her and nodded. 

"I know I don't know what I would've done. Apart from Lucas and my Grandmother, you, Johnny and Riley are my only family. I really care about you guys." She smiled and stood up. 

"Come here," she held out her arms motioned me towards her. I smiled and stood up. I wrapped my arms around her shoulder and pulled her into my chest. It felt weird hugging her. She was shorter than Riley, who I was so used to hugging. Riley felt more comfortable in my arms. "You know we're here for you." She said rubbing my back. "We're all family," I laughed and nodded. 

"Yeah I know," I rubbed her back before pulling away. "Thanks," she smiled before patting my chest. 

"We're all here for you Caleb." She said before going back to her chair. I smiled slightly as the door opened. I looked over and saw the nurses bringing Riley back into the room. I moved out of the way so they could put the bed back in place. 

"Caleb?" I looked over to the door and saw the doctor. "Can I have a word?" I nodded and followed him out of the room. 

"Is everything okay?" I asked shutting the door. 

"Yeah, everything is okay. Better than okay actually. We're hoping she'll be awake in the next couple of days. We don't know when she'll wake up exactly, but it should be soon." The relief that ran through me was amazing. I felt a tonne of weight lift off my shoulders. 

"That's good," I said smiling. "So do we jut wait until she wakes up?" He nodded putting his hands in the pockets of his coat. 

"Essentially yes, that's all we can do. But," he said with a smile. "You're uncle did ask me to remind you that you promised him to go home." I laughed and shook my head. "Which, in my opinion, think is a good idea."

"Yeah, I know that. But you said Riley will be waking up soon. How can I go home knowing that she’s going to be awake soon?” He smiled and nodded.

“I know, but a few hours won’t change anything. It will truly be for the best if you went home for a few hours.” I sighed and nodded. “Believe me,” he said as we walked back into the room. “You’re doing this for the best.” I walked over to my chair and grabbed my coat.

“Are you going home?” I looked over at Sam and nodded.

“Yeah, I’m going to have a shower then sleep for a bit. I should be back in a few hours.” I explained to her pulling on my coat.

“That’s good; I’ll call you anyway if anything happens.” I smiled and walked over to the door. “I’ll see you later,” I nodded opening the door.

“See you later Sam,” I held the door open for Dr. Robinson. “You will call me if anything changes?” I would be really annoyed if something happened while I was gone and no one called me. 

"Don't worry I will. And I'm sure Sam will too." I smiled as we stopped at the reception desk. "Just go home and get some sleep. I'll see you when you get back." I nodded and rubbed my eyes. 

"I'll see you later," he smiled before I started to walk out. All I have to do is remember where I parked my car. 

Once I found my car, I unlocked it and climbed into the driver’s side. I let out a breath, tilting my head back to rest it on the head rest. I looked down at my watch and saw that it was only two o'clock. I decided to call into work to grab my bag. By the time I get there, school should be over anyway. I put the key in the ignition before starting the car and driving off.

*

As I walked through school, there were a few people still in. I did get some looks from the students and teachers. Either they felt sorry for me because of Riley, or I did look like a mess. Whatever the reason, I’m just grabbing my stuff before going home. The quicker I get home, the quicker I get to go back to Riley. 

I kept my head down, making my way towards my classroom. Hopefully the cover teacher has left already. I know that the cover teachers are teachers that are already working here, but I don't really want to stop and talk to them.