I've Got What I Wanted. Part 20

Hey :) Sorry for leaving it for a week. But school has started again :( Which mean loads of work and essays, and also tutoring. I've also got exam next month so uploads probably won't be that often. But I'll try :) Anyway, I've not proof read it yet, but I will tomorrow. 
Please Vote Comment and Become a Fan. Hope you enjoyed it :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER TWENTY

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Cahill asked me again. “I don’t want to leave you on your own. Do you want me to wait until your mum or dad gets here?” I smiled and shook my head. It turns out that he fell asleep when he was waiting for me to fall asleep. I feel bad because he had to sleep on one of those chairs, when he could’ve been home.

“It’s fine honestly. They’ll be here soon anyway. You probably want to get home and sit on something more comfortable.” He laughed and smoothed out his work clothes.

“I’ll come and see you in the next day or two. And if not I’ll see you when you get out.” He walked over to me, hugged me and kissed me cheek.

“I’ll see you later,” I said hugging him back.

“Take care,” he smiled before turning around and walking towards the door. He slipped out of the room, leaving the door open behind him. I let out a breath and slid back down on the bed. I closed my eyes, still feeling tired. But before I could try to get to back to sleep, I heard the door shut. I opened my eyes and turned my head to see Caleb. I really don’t think I’ve been this happy to see anyone. I smiled and pushed myself back up.

“Hey,” he said walking over to me.

“Hey,” I said back to him. When he got to my bed, he wrapped his arms around me as best as he could.

“I’m really glad you’re okay.” I gripped the back of his shirt, as he buried his face into my neck. He pulled away and sat down in the chair. He didn’t say a word; he just sat there holding my hand. I waited for him to look up at me but he never did.

“So how are you?” I finally asked. He laughed still looking at our hands, running his thumb along the back of my hand.

“I’ve been better really. But better than you anyway.” He looked up at me and smiled. “How are you feeling?” He asked looking up at me finally.

“Yeah I’m okay; little bit sore. But I do have a broken rib and a broken arm.” He gave me a sad smile, squeezing my hand slightly. “So where did you disappear to last night? Cahill said that you just left.” He looked down at the floor, taking his hand away from mine. He let out a breath, running his hands back and forth through his hair. He looked up again, his hair messy and sticking up.

“It doesn’t matter, it’s nothing important.” He said with a slight smile. “I’ll tell you when you’re feeling a bit better. I did come here late last night. But I saw that you and Cahill were sleeping so I didn’t want to wake you up by coming in.” I noticed her was a bit upset when he said that.

“So where did you sleep last night then?”

“The waiting room down the corridor. I didn’t get too much sleep anyway.” I gave him a look to show him I wasn’t happy. “Seriously Ri, don’t worry,” he said with a laugh. “So have you spoken to the doctor yet?” I shook my head, rubbing my eyes.

“Not yet, he wasn’t in yesterday when I woke up. He left shortly after you I think; well that’s what I was told.” He nodded and folded his arms on the edge of my bed. “But my mum told me that I have a broken rib that punctured my lung, a broken arm and something about my brain. I don’t really know I wasn’t paying attention. But that’s it I think. The doctor should be in later today though.” He nodded while looking down at his arms. I saw a slight frown on his face, which made me slightly worried. “What’s wrong?” I said running my fingers through his hair. He raised his head and smiled.

“No I’m good,” I smiled and lowered my head.

“Then what’s with the frown then?” He sighed and rubbed his temples.

“Because you’re mum told you what happened, she left something out.” I furrowed my eyebrows, creating a frown on my own face.

“Do you want to explain that in a bit more detail?” He smirked at my sarcasm.

“Because I’m you’re next of kin I had the choice of what the doctor could tell your mum. So I told him only to tell her certain things.” I nodded understanding what he was saying now.

“So what doesn’t she know then?” I asked pushing myself up on the bed further.

“I told him not to tell your mum you were pregnant.” Wow, hold up. Did he just say that I was pregnant?

“Are you serious?” He nodded, looking calm at the fact that I’m pregnant. I’m only eighteen for goodness sakes.

“Yeah I thought you didn’t want to tell her yet; that’s why I didn’t want her to know. Though, I’m not too thrilled that you kept it from me.” I closed my eyes, letting my head fall into my hands. I let out a breath and looked up at him.

“Do you really think I would tell you if I found out I was pregnant?” I asked him but didn’t give him a chance to answer. “I didn’t even know that I was pregnant.” He frowned and sat back in the chair.

“How could you not know you were pregnant? You’re fifteen weeks pregnant Riley. You didn’t get a little bit worried when you missed you’re period? Or when you were tired or throwing up?” Any other time if he said that I would probably be really embarrassed. But I kind of had more important things to worry about.

“I just assumed that it was because of stress. You know how worried about the exams and other stuff. I’m sorry if I didn’t tell you. But hell, it’s not like I knew or anything.” I let out a breath before looking away from him. I can’t believe I’m pregnant. I’m pretty sure we were always careful. Now I’m a pregnant eighteen year old and I’m probably never going to finish Uni. I’ve only been there a year and now I’m already not going back.

“Are you upset that you’re pregnant?” He asked me after a while. I shrugged looking down at my hands. From the corner of my eye I saw him stand up and sit on the bed beside me. He stretched his legs out and wrapped his arms around me. I leant into him, ignoring the pain in my side. “Talk to me,” he whispered rubbing my upper arm.

“I’m just upset that I’m probably not going back to Uni. After all that work I’m just not going back all of a sudden. I just never pictured that I’d be pregnant so soon. I’d always imagine that I’d be settled in a nice job and a house before getting pregnant.” He sighed and kissed the top of my head.

“It’s just so sudden and hard to take in.” I nodded while playing with the end of his shirt. “But Ri, it’s always something to be happy about.” He tried to make me see the other side of things. “We’re going to be parents. A proper little family. Honestly, I’m really excited to be a dad. I really can’t wait until we’re a family. That’s all I want for us Riley.” I tilted my head back and smiled at him. “It’s not all bad,” he lowered his head and pressed his lips to mine. He pulled away and rested his temple on my forehead. “Just imagine,” he said placing his hand on my stomach. “This is either going to be a little Caleb running around or a little Riley.” I laughed and looked down at my stomach.

“The little Caleb sounds awful.” He laughed and rubbed my stomach. It’s hard to imagine that there’s going to be a bump there. “I’m really scared though.” He sighed and I felt him nod.

“I know you are. I am as well. It’s something completely new to both of us. But it’s not like we’re going to be going through it on our own. We’ll have each other; I’m not going to leave you during it. I won’t leave you at home to cope with a baby on your own and I’ll just go off to work.” I smiled and placed my hand on his. 

“Who knows that I’m pregnant?” I finally asked, curiosity suddenly coming to me.

“Just you and I and Cahill. I didn’t tell anyone because I thought it was up to you who I told.” I was a bit surprised that he told Cahill. I know they were getting along better than they did last year, but I didn’t know that Caleb would talk to him about stuff. I would’ve thought he would have told Lucas out of everyone.

“Yeah can we keep it that way? I’d rather keep it to myself for a while, just to get used to everything.” He nodded before sitting up.

“Is it okay if I tell my Grandmother? She’s not really going to tell anyone.” He slid off of the bed and sat back in the chair.

“Yeah, I’m okay with that.” He smiled, lacing his fingers with mine.

“You know we’re going to have to tell your mum soon though? It’s going to be a bit obvious when you get fat.” I narrowed my eyes and hit the back of his head. He laughed and looked up at me. “And there are the cravings. I can vaguely remember my mum’s craving peanut butter. She’s just sit on the sofa with a jar of it, eating it with a spoon. And being the normal nine year old thought that was unfair that she could eat it like that and I couldn’t.” He said laughing and looking down, getting upset about talking about his mother.

“Well you’re the one that’s going to have to go out and buy me them. I might pick the hardest thing to buy, just to annoy you.” He laughed and rested his forehead on our hands.

“Then I thank you in advance.” I smiled and ran my fingers through his hair.

“Caleb?” I ask tentatively.

“Yeah?” He answered, slightly muffled by our hands. I wasn’t going to bring it any further thinking about it, but I was just really curious.

“Why do you never talk about your parents? I don’t think you’ve ever really talked to me about them since that time in my house when I was in school.” I swear I think he stopped breath for a while. He must not like talking about his parents. Which I guess is sort of obvious seeing as what happened. But I was his girlfriend, marrying him in fact and am carry his child. I still can’t wrap my head around that. He sighed and lifted his head up.

“It’s that I don’t want to talk about them, it’s that I can’t.” He still hasn’t looked up at me yet. “It’s just really hard to talk about them.” He finally looked up and smiled at me slightly. “But I guess now is the time when we should talk about stuff like that. Now that we’ve got a little one on the way.” I smiled back, stroking his hand. 

"We don't have to do it right this second. We can wait until I get home. It's not like I'm going to be going out most of the time." He chuckled before moving his chair closer to me.