5

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

<5>
despite it all, we're sisters

THE SIGHT OF LILY CRYING CAUSED an old but familiar feeling to grow in Petunia's heart, and as if she couldn't stop herself — she pushed past anyone in her way, bringing her sister in a tight and loving hug. And, despite the fact she didn't understand the entirety of the situation, Petunia pushed that small detail to the side. That didn't matter.

In that moment, it was almost as if she forgot everything. The years of fights, crying, betrayal and pain. Petunia did not think of any of it as she gently spoke, "It's okay."

    And Lily, for the first time since the age eleven, didn't want to be anywhere else besides in her sister's arms.

"You're okay."

    The surrounding group, who watched them closely, also didn't understand how unusual this action truly was — since the boys never knew she existed — and the girls only thought they fought occasionally.

it was much more than that.

The sobs of Lily Evans were muffled into Petunia's shoulder, and the blonde simply rubbed the girl's back, murmuring encouraging words coherently — And Lily focused on not only her breath, but also the sound of Petunia's voice — feeling safe with her gentle words.

     At this time, nearly everyone was distracted at the sight of Lily and Petunia — embracing each other as if once they pulled apart, they would never get the opportunity again.

    Though Remus, who was, in fact, watching the two girls — was now focused on something around Petunia's finger. A ring, so similar to his, glowing brightly.

And as he looked down at his own, he was surprised to see that it was also still glowing —since it had been completely drained of its color until just a few days ago.

The same day Petunia decided to start wearing hers again.

      However, before he could question anything, Petunia helped her sister up — giving everyone a short nod as she took Lily to her room.

      The bright pink walls of Lily's room was all too familiar to Petunia. Especially as she used to spend most of her time there — no matter if it was when they were little, playing board games, or when Lily was off to Hogwarts and Petunia missed her. She hadn't been in that room since the fight. And she missed it.

      The tears that fell down Lily's puffy face subsided, and only small sniffles escaped from her, along with slight, uneven breaths.

       Lily had not said a word since her fight with Severus, which was quite loud — and Petunia did not once blame her. Originally, the blonde assumed that the raven haired boy had come to apologize, however, once he realized the damage of his words had already been done — it seemed as if something switched in his mind.

And he called her it again.

Mudblood.

     Petunia had a small idea of what the word had meant, though, it wasn't fully grasped in her mind. And only once Remus went on to explain blood race in the wizarding world to correlation with racism in the muggle world — did she truly realize.

     And even as it wasn't her fault, Petunia couldn't help but partly blame herself. As she was a muggle and because of that, Lily is put down.

"I'm sorry."

       The words were softly spoken — and it was almost too quiet, since Lily had to stop to think about what she'd heard. And as realization dawned on her face, her head quickly shook in response, looking back at her defeated sister.

       "It is anything but your fault," She replied nonchalantly, sitting against her made bed, "Severus is a bloody idiot."

"Isn't he your friend?"

Lily laughed scornfully.

      "Was," She corrected, "Until one day he just snapped." she continued, seeing as Petunia's face grew with confusion. "He hated I was friends with them," She nodded towards her door, and Petunia understood who she meant. "Thought I chose Potter, his literal enemy, over him." She explained, "And after a year of denying it, maybe he was right."

That sentence made Petunia's heart feel heavy.

but she didn't know why.

"I thought you hated him?"

"Me too."

Petunia's breath fell short.

"You don't?"

Lily smiled.

"No, I don't think so."

__
i could not, for the life of me, find a way to write the second half of this chapter.

NYE will be the next chapter;)
P.EVANS + J.POTTER