2.5

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

goodnight<3

<2.5>
home life and siblings

THE CONSTANT FLICKERING OF one of the street lights was ignored by the three teenagers. And instead, they sat in a circle, laughing quietly to one another.

Petunia already felt a wave of dizziness wander through her mind. And she was lazily staring up at the night sky, trying to count each of the stars.

"How many do you think are up there?" She asked thoughtfully, pointing her finger up.

The boys curiously followed her gaze and Henry began to count, though, it was out of order.

"There has to be at least twenty seven," Oliver answered, nodding his head in agreeance to his words. "Or twenty eight."

Petunia agreed to that number and placed the blunt back between her lips — inhaling it once more.

"Do you ever wish you were different?" She asked next, and this time, the boys didn't answer.

so, she continued.

"Like.." She paused, "Do you ever wish you were smarter. Or.. Do you wish you were more creative, athletic, I don't know." She rambled, "When I was growing up, I used to prey to anyone who would listen — just hoping I could be different, look different, have an entirely new existence." She pettily laughed, mocking her younger self, "Why can't I be like Lily — Why can't I look like her, be like her, get treated like her," Petunia huffed out, "Always had a bloody competition with the girl who used to be my best friend..."

"Why?"

"My parents."

"I feel that way too."

And at the words, both Petunia and Henry glanced at Oliver — who seemed to be deep in thought.

"I had a sister," he started shortly, feeling the eyes of his two friends, "She had the best grades, great friends, a bright future ahead of her," he explained, "My parents adored her and everything she stood for. The same couldn't be said about me." He, like Petunia, let out a sour laugh. "They called me a disgrace. Apparently my bad grades defined me, and apparently they defined my parents as well. Since they obviously couldn't have a kid who was failing," Oliver sarcastically stated. "They booted me right out of their home."

"I'm so sorry."

"—Don't be," He cut in quickly, glancing at her, "If they didn't kick me out, I would've left on my own."

"Where would you—" She stopped her sentence, correcting herself, "Where did you go."

This time, Oliver smiled genuinely.

"Well," His tone grew lighter, "I met Henry here at the store across town," He glanced at his friend, "I was already on my own at this point. No money, no job, no education." He sat up more, "I went to steal some water, some food too," Oliver admitted, "And this dumbass caught me," He laughed out, earning a hit from Henry. "But instead of ratting me out, he told me to grab whatever I needed. And then he bought it all for me."

"I got a little nosey too," Henry started, "Asking him personal questions, trying to get his entire life story in a matter of five minutes from meeting him." He smiled himself, "And after I learned his situation, I snuck him into my room, letting him stay there."

"Got caught kinda early though," Oliver continued his story, "I wasn't too quiet heading to the bathroom one morning."

Henry rolled his eyes at this.

"Till this day," He looked to Oliver, "I still don't understand how you fell into the toilet."

Oliver scoffed.

"You fell into the toilet?" Petunia asked next.

"What?" He asked with offense, "And you haven't?"

"No."

"No."

And Oliver rolled his eyes, right before looking down to his lap, messing with his fingers embarrassed, "There may have been a spider."

And with that, Petunia burst into laughter.

Though, she shrieked as a pebble hit her right on the forehead — leaving a little mark.

"Bitch."

"Pussy."

"Anyways!" Henry clapped, trying to stop the bickering, "Mom found out, was mostly scared at the fact a complete stranger was taking a shit in our bathroom. But once she found out the situation, she was cool with it — just gave him a few chores to do around the house," He smiled brightly, "And with that being said, I am officially grateful I no longer have to do the dishes on Wednesday and Fridays!"

Petunia shortly smiled at his words, but after a moment of thought, she spoke, "Isn't today Friday?"

A look of fear crossed Oliver's face.

P.EVANS + J.POTTER