4.5

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

im going on vacation next week — i'll 100% try to update in a timely manner, i promise :,)

<4.5>
suspicious intentions

       THE LESTRANGE MANOR WAS nothing similar to the Potters'. It was dark, gloomy, holding clouds over the sky despite there being no chance of rain. The doors were tall, almost as if they were made for giants, and heavier than could be imagined. The bushes were cut crisp, not a stray leaf or stick poking from the sides.

        Lily Evans knew she was at the right place as soon as she'd arrived. She remembered Pandora's stories, the details she would add in occasionally of her home. It was bigger than she expected, more intimidating then any other home she'd been invited too. But it was Pandora's home. The happiest and kindest girl she's ever met, the one always holding her best intentions.

It couldn't be that bad.

        Lily had piles of luggage in her arms as she made her way to the large home. And as her steps continued, the ginger couldn't help but feel as if she was being watched. Though, with the amount of windows that decorated the outside of the home, she knew she wouldn't be able to know for sure very easily. And with the fact that the windows were dark, almost tinted, that was another obstacle.

        The stairs leading to the home were a rich marble, leading for a small squeak to sound as her feet made contact. And as Lily continued her small steps, already preparing to raise her fist to knock - she couldn't.

someone had opened the door.

       Long black hair, curls trailing down her waistline — Lily was met with a sneer, a disapproving facade behind the eyes.

      Bellatrix Lestrange, with her wand in hand, stared down at the ginger — a broken laugh escaping her mouth.

     "Who'd of thought a Gryffindor would ever step back into this home," Her voice rasped in greeting, letting her body fall onto the large door.

     Lily stayed quiet, not knowing what to say in response. She knew that was a small jab at Sirius. But this is the last person she'd want to talk to about Sirius.

he left for a reason.

      And knowing the rumors about Bellatrix, who was a whole decade older than her, she knew that if she said the wrong thing — that could quickly become a problem.

"Is Pandora around?"

     The question lingered in the air for a moment — the small sounds of birds being her only response. Bellatrix merely stared at the girl, a light scoff at the name she'd said.

      "Am I not enough for you?" Her voice laced sarcasm, a small pout on her face — though, as a step sounded behind her, Bellatrix slightly turned her head, "Speak of the Devil."

      "I assume you ignored my previous statement?" Pandora's voice appeared, being as soft as ever. And as Bellatrix didn't respond, the blonde decided to continue. "To let me know when Lily arrived?" She gently smiled, trying to ease the small tension she believed to be there, "You can go now, Bella."

       "Aren't you going to introduce us?" The older woman continued, stepping to the side as Pandora roamed towards the door, "Along with the rest of your aunts, uncles... brothers.. family," She trailed with a list, her smiling being nothing but unfriendly.

Lily frowned at that.

Even Pandora grew anxious.

     "I was going too," She tried, already seeing the unconvincing look on Bellatrix's face. "You haven't even let her inside yet."

       "Oh, i'm sorry," She said unapologetically, "Would you like to come inside?" Her dark eyes burned onto Lily, "It's rather cold, isn't it?"

"Well... it is December," The ginger retorted, biting back any more words that were threatening to spill. " And I'd love too," Lily continued casually, still standing in her spot as Bellatrix never moved. "If you'd.. excuse me," She decided to add, almost forcing her way into the house, barely gracing Bellatrix as she did so.

Pandora stayed quiet during the interaction, her face staying blank as the two somewhat conversed. Her kind smile was nowhere placed on her face and her eyes didn't hold the same softness as they once did.

it was like she was a new person.

"I think I hear Cissy calling for you," She stepped back, pulling Lily into her side, "You should probably go see what she wants."

Bellatrix held back her smile.

And without another word, the eldest twisted on her heel, a small croaked laughed escaping her lips as her shoes echoed onto the flooring — slowly getting quieter as she departed from the two.

Lily finally looked to Pandora.

But instead of seeing the comforting facade the blonde usually held — it was nothing she was expecting. Tired eyes, lips being in a permanent frown, Pandora looked nothing like her self.

And when she spoke, greeting the girl once more, her voice wasn't the same as it used to be. It didn't give Lily the wave of butterflies, it didn't cause her heart to warm.

It was deeper, raspier, cracking at the end of each word. Pandora didn't seem to notice it. But it was all Lily could think about.

P.EVANS + J.POTTER